Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Wanted Items

Old 01-03-2017, 04:44 PM   #1
Jeem
Energon
ISO CW Long Haul's tire from Devy

So I finally opened my CW Devastator. Installed my DNA and Dr Wu kit. My wife then asked me if it was suppose to be missing a wheel. FML

Called Hasbro customer support, they said that fig is from 2014 and their stock is back ordered. Normally, they would send me a shipping label and have me send the whole fig back, then they would send me out a new one.

But since fig is back ordered, after I send them my Devy, I will have to wait to see if they get any more back in stock. If so, cool, if not or never, they I will get credit towards something of equal value which I do not get to choose....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	35559   Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	35560  

Woot woot! My own Feedback thread!: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=24846

My For Sale thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=51577
Jeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:52 PM   #2
BoomerX
Mini-Con
Re: ISO CW Long Haul's tire from Devy

That really sucks.
BoomerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:54 PM   #3
TRUCKvsGUN

That sucks.

I suspect there'll be junker devy's going around before long, though; they are Hasbro products after all. Finding a spare tire might be easier than getting restitution out of them.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:55 PM   #4
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Know anyone with a 3D printer? Maybe that might be an option
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:41 PM   #5
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapmaker View Post
That sucks.

I suspect there'll be junker devy's going around before long, though; they are Hasbro products after all. Finding a spare tire might be easier than getting restitution out of them.
Heck, buying a new Long Haul figure (albeit at some inflated price) might be better than dealing with Hasbro. I assume it'll be faster and cause less headaches.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:41 PM   #6
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

I highly doubt they'll ever have anymore in stock as I would assume they are no longer being produced. You could try 3d printing or a resin cast.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:21 PM   #7
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Yeah, take the credit from Hasbro, get something good out of it and enjoy that (or sell it for money and use that to buy a Devy from someone else (like me, or someone more local to you.)).

Or keep an eye out at thrift stores and on Kijiji, these things will start turning up over the next few years as kids break them, get rid of them, etc. You might score the piece you need.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!

Last edited by Bruticus82; 01-03-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:51 AM   #8
BigWillay
Robot Master

That's a bs response from Hasblo... although its similar to what I got. I emailed them a complaing about my TR Chromedome cuz his chest doesn't line up or click in, and I complained about my TR Galvatron as he had the sloppiest hips/paint I'd seen. I got the same thing send them back I'll get new ones... I got new chromedome but Galvatron is on back order.. so I may get a different figure. which I don't get.. if I wanted a diff figure I'd have bought dif....
BigWillay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 12:14 PM   #9
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

I remember sending back an ALT Prowl because of a common foot issue.

I kid you not, they sent as a replacement a cheaply made Star Wars lightsaber battle thing sort of like rock-em-sock-em robots, something that visibly was clogging the shelves for a long time and nobody wanted when it was even discounted to 50% off.

I guess because the MSRP was like $2 above Prowl (who was still on the shelves everywhere), they thought we were even.

No communication or anything from Hasbro about it in regards to a substitution. When I first contacted them they said that I'd be getting a replacement of the same figure, since it was new in stores. I guess that changed somewhere along the line.

They got an earful, and after a few email exchanges I ended up sending their "replacement" back and they sent me back my original Prowl. After that, I just bought another in store, swapped out the foot, and then returned the new one with packaging to the store saying what there was a part problem.

My friend bought a Xevoz figure near the end of the line, and it contained no left hands, only doubles of the right hands. Weird. This was made worse by the fact that my friend is LEFT HANDED. He contacted Hasbro, they apologized and understood that he was insulted because he's left handed, and since the line was discontinued, and a replacement figure would never be available to send, they would just send him something.

It turns out that something was the same Star Wars rock-em-sock-em set. He next contacted them, saying he was pretty livid about their "replacement" to pacify him, since he wasn't interested in Star Wars, and I think the grips were sculpted for right hands. I think he sold it at a garage sale or something.

So yeah, when you send stuff back, be prepared to receive something random from Hasbro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWillay View Post
That's a bs response from Hasblo... although its similar to what I got. I emailed them a complaing about my TR Chromedome cuz his chest doesn't line up or click in, and I complained about my TR Galvatron as he had the sloppiest hips/paint I'd seen. I got the same thing send them back I'll get new ones... I got new chromedome but Galvatron is on back order.. so I may get a different figure. which I don't get.. if I wanted a diff figure I'd have bought dif....
I have a feeling Hasbro's run our of Galvatron figures. Looking at my local Toys R Us, the quantity of that figure rivals the Bayverse's sea of Bee. Like there was some kind of warehouse purge. I mean, two full shelves of nothing but Galvatron, plus two full shelves of MORE Galvatrons above the aisle, each containing nothing but Galvatron. And more stacked on top of them.

Last edited by Shepp; 01-04-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 04:14 PM   #10
Jeem
Energon

Found one! but FML it is expensive at about $60 CAN

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/262014108670?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Woot woot! My own Feedback thread!: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=24846

My For Sale thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=51577
Jeem is offline   Reply With Quote