Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 01-11-2008, 03:04 AM   #41
Grimlock
Generation 1
Re: Repair Thread

Thanks for the feed back. I have already posted in the Buy/sell thread. Just wanted to know if there was any sites or tricks for finding parts in canada.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:14 AM   #42
dak
Master Creator

come to TFcon. when I first really started getting into kitbashing, and finding parts, I found boxes of stuff at the convention. You may just find what you're looking for. Or even sooner is the 80's toys expo.
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:12 AM   #43
Icetron

The head for my TM Megs snapped off when I was wiping the dust off. The balljoint's still in there and there's still a little piece connected to the ball, so is there anyway to fix it? Maybe I could try finding a spare head to put in after I take the balljoint out, but not sure how I'd go about doing that. Anyone have any suggestions? I don't really wanna buy another one (I have one MISB already).
Old 01-18-2008, 02:02 PM   #44
ne0
Generation 2

I just broke my head off like last week, all you have to do is look under the ball joint and you will see a little hole, using a very small flat head screw driver, push the ball joint out.

Note: Be very careful when doing this since it requires a bit of force to get it out. After you get the joint out, just glue it back on and sand the ball joint down a little so it isn't so hard to get it back in.

After that, just be careful, there isn't a lot you can do.

Last edited by dak; 01-18-2008 at 02:18 PM.
ne0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:17 PM   #45
dak
Master Creator

glue alone might not be strong enough, you can attempt to take a small screw with a wide head or a washer on it and put it into the ball, tighten it so it's flush with the base of the inside of the head, then glue it on. the other thing you could do is find a ball joint of equal size and use that. THat could be better cause it would have a larger shaft and it would have more stability. But the most secure way is looking for a junker version and taking it's head.
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 03:34 AM   #46
Icetron

Damn, guess it's safest to find a junker head, I gotta start looking for one then.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:31 AM   #47
Stoneclaw
Stoneclaw's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Stoneclaw

thanks for the astrotrain help

Another quick question, i have a G1 tracks, and one of his arms has fallen off. I looked in the other arm and it looks like the missing piece is a tiny silver rod, im wondering if i can make another one out of something, im thinking like a finishing nail or something, and cut it down to size, and suggestions?
Stoneclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:42 PM   #48
TTT
OutOfCommissionToys.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneclaw View Post
thanks for the astrotrain help

Another quick question, i have a G1 tracks, and one of his arms has fallen off. I looked in the other arm and it looks like the missing piece is a tiny silver rod, im wondering if i can make another one out of something, im thinking like a finishing nail or something, and cut it down to size, and suggestions?
If you do you will have to saw it and not cut it with hand held cutters, they will squish the ends making them "oval" sawing with a saw will ensure that the ends remain "circle".
Old 01-29-2008, 02:03 AM   #49
alicethegoon

Recently I picked up a few nice G1 Transformers in box for a very reasonable price. I believe I got these Transformers cheap because the box front had 2 very badly placed price stickers covering great box graphics. I don't know if this is common knowledge but old stickers can be removed without damage by using Ronson or Zippo lighter fluid. The fluid softens the sticker and allows you to scrape it off with your finger nail or whatever. Apply with damped kleenex or cutip, don't soak the item. The older the sticker the more you have to work at it but be patient. You can actually use it to clean your boxes or printed material of grease and grime without damage. It is strong enough to soften glue but not remove ink. It evaporates into gas and leaves the paper or cardboard free of residue. Works on old scotch tape too, which should definately be removed before it turns yellow and stains box.

Last edited by alicethegoon; 01-29-2008 at 02:16 AM.
alicethegoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:34 PM   #50
hugh_da_man
Armada

Long time listener, first time caller...

I have a lot of G1 figures that need cleaning. Various junk has collected on them over the years such as dust, dirt, glue from tape, etc. Is there a really safe and effective cleaning method?

I've seen people mention rubbing alcohol, soap and water, and vinegar but what is the standard for the experts here?

I'll be starting with my dinobots that need a good cleaning so any help is appreciated!

Thanks guys and I'm a big fan of all the custom works as well!
hugh_da_man is offline   Reply With Quote