Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #651
infinite_virtue
Generation 1
Re: MP Soundwave @ TRU.CA

Just ordered both Soundwave and Acid Storm for a grand total of $150. Lets hope it goes through. Also, does TRU require you pay up front? I hear people mentioning their funds being put on hold?
infinite_virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #652
soundwave1st
Generation 1

Just curious, for all those re-preordering at the lower price, are you cancelling your initial order at $120 if you had placed one earlier? Not sure how the queuing system works. Just concerned if I cancel the initial preorder which is prioritized due to timing and they run out of stock, the $90 preorder placed later would have been all for not..
soundwave1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #653
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwave1st View Post
Just curious, for all those re-preordering at the lower price, are you cancelling your initial order at $120 if you had placed one earlier? Not sure how the queuing system works. Just concerned if I cancel the initial preorder which is prioritized due to timing and they run out of stock, the $90 preorder placed later would have been all for not..
I was wondering the same thing too! I did cancel the previous order at $120 but that was the order where the limit was 1. I am still keeping my previous pre-order when the limit was 3. I am probably going to contact customer service and ask about applying the discount on that one instead.

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #654
sacha88
Machine War

I just ordered both SW and AS. Wasn't planning on getting the seeker again, but with the cheaper price for Soundwave plus wanting to get free shipping, I'm basically only paying 25 bucks for a MP Acid Storm. I'm not going to cancel my original order just in case. I can always just return the original price one at my local TRU.
sacha88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #655
Omega Supreme
Wrecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha88 View Post
I just ordered both SW and AS. Wasn't planning on getting the seeker again, but with the cheaper price for Soundwave plus wanting to get free shipping, I'm basically only paying 25 bucks for a MP Acid Storm. I'm not going to cancel my original order just in case. I can always just return the original price one at my local TRU.
I'm thinking about keeping my original orders too, just in case the later ones don't ship.

If everything works out and they all ship I'll just return the originals to the local TRU.

Additional bonus with this plan: If everything ships, you can pick the best boxes to keep.
In my experience stuff shipped from the TRU warehouse is not well packed and generally comes pretty beat-up.
Omega Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #656
protoform_ironhide
Commander

I think the TRU's employees wanted to get a raise, so they put the price up and down and make themselves look busy Everyone better order it right now before they change it back tomorrow

O, yah, i am keeping both orders as well, may as well keep another MISB Soundwave around.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #657
sweetthug
Generation 1

With the sale price of $89.99 for MP soundwave, how much it's coming to in total for u guys with tax included? Just want to make sure because when I click on add cart it says $0 for tax so it could be a glitch but I didn't secure the order because I already have preordered mine on August 5 with hasbro code so can someone tell me what is the best thing to do? Does anyone know when toysrus will start sending the shipment for the first preoder? I checked the status for mine it still says on hold get date.
sweetthug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #658
halcyon
Generation 2

Here's something annoying. I made a pre-order on day 1 with a credit card. I'm moving in a few days so I had to change the billing address.

Now TRU is saying that I won't be able to change my billing address and that they have to cancel the order and re-order it.

I re-ordered SW and Acid Storm just now (25% off) but if priority is given to the earliest orders, this is kind of frustrating.

Even more frustrating was that I actually had a Year of the Horse Prime pre-ordered as well but the billing address can't be corrected on that as well. TRU should really update their system.
halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #659
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetthug View Post
With the sale price of $89.99 for MP soundwave, how much it's coming to in total for u guys with tax included? Just want to make sure because when I click on add cart it says $0 for tax so it could be a glitch but I didn't secure the order because I already have preordered mine on August 5 with hasbro code so can someone tell me what is the best thing to do? Does anyone know when toysrus will start sending the shipment for the first preoder? I checked the status for mine it still says on hold get date.
It will add tax before you check out using your billing address.

If the hasbro code is 25% off, then you should be in exactly the same position with the 25% off sale.

Note that because you can only buy 1 soundwave, you get hit with shipping charges (which aren't the case if you spend over $100).

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #660
chuskers
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
I was wondering the same thing too! I did cancel the previous order at $120 but that was the order where the limit was 1. I am still keeping my previous pre-order when the limit was 3. I am probably going to contact customer service and ask about applying the discount on that one instead.
yeah, I tried to contact CS because I too didn't know how the Queue worked and didn't want to miss out on an earlier ship date if possible - was told by, i'm sorry, the douchiest CS guy i've ever talked to that it couldn't be applied because it was over 14 days old .. WTF dude!
chuskers is offline   Reply With Quote