Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-20-2020, 07:59 PM   #2831
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
Going by how constantly barren WalMart and TRU shelves, AND each's online stock are, I cannot imagine Hasbro has been able to ship nearly as much TF product as there is demand for this holiday season. That or they are shipping plenty but all non-Cyberverse figures sell out instantly... which (for as much as we want them) I highly doubt. Maybe US brick and mortar has fared better this year than Canadian brick and mortar, Canadian online, and US online (because walmart.com, amazon.com, and target.com aren't exactly swimming in stock either).

It's either wild incompetence or stacked Covid issues and to be fair, I have to strongly suspect its Covid hitting them at every step from raw materials to mold creation to assembly to shipping logistics.

Every year prior to this I was all about getting almost all figures I was after during a sale (eg wait for a sale and expect stock) with only 1 or 2 being scarce enough to require full price purchase. And nothing main line needing to be preordered. This year - now - it's a case of locking in multiple pre-orders and not only never holding for a sale, but mad hunting just to get a single chance to buy a figure through huge effort.

It's got to be pandemic related. There is no way Amazon or WalMart or Hasbro are happy with the low stock, and none are incompetent at what they do.

Here's hoping that in Dec 2021 we are all awash in end of Kingdom figures and the first waves of whatever comes next!
I dunno, man, I would strongly say we are where we are expressly because of the gross incompetence and because they are expressly shitty at what they do, at the top of both Hasbro and Amazon. All COVID has done in aggrivate the situation and display their incompetence but they have been incompetent long, long before now.

For Hasbro, they have greedily, and foolishly, tried to pack a years' worth of product into 2 months. Customers can only buy so much, factories can only produce so fast and distribution was a disasterous mess long before COVID, with them catering ONLY to the US, and the rest of the world is an afterthought, and now they can't even get that right lol, not to mention tons of corporate orders are, as of yet, unfullfilled. THEN Hasbro has the gaul to raise prices AGAIN with Kingdom? They are already past the ceiling for many people and Goldner has no more creative solutions than to raise prices during a pandemic? Yep, incompetent fool.

For Amazon, I have next to never used the site, except for Amazon exclusives (because that's the only option, rampant exclusives are another knock against Hasbro too)and once for a pair of winter boots. I literally have never, and will never, buy from Amazon because they are known to not care, leave packages outside and cancel preorders/orders. Bezo has no sense for business, at all, he just tapped into people's greed early on lol, nothing more.

As for preorders, I never did before this year and, guess what? The select few ones I have made that are not cancelled have yet to be filled Won't make the mistake or preordering again. I have not and will not preorder shit for Kingdom. Finish ER first.

So, yeah, for my money, I comfortably say they are incompetent and I don't trust either company to do good,quality business, but that's just me. To each their own.

Last edited by GotBot; 12-20-2020 at 08:01 PM.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 09:16 PM   #2832
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Guess I am not getting Micromasters set by 10 pm EST today after all Received the cancellation e-mail just a few moments ago.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 12:53 AM   #2833
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Galactic Odyssey Collection Botropolis Rescue Mission 6-Pack

pre-order up.

*edit - already out of stock.

Last edited by UsernamePrime; 12-21-2020 at 12:58 AM.
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 01:55 AM   #2834
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernamePrime View Post

Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Galactic Odyssey Collection Botropolis Rescue Mission 6-Pack

pre-order up.

dagnabit

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 02:29 AM   #2835
cerhit
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernamePrime View Post

pre-order up.

Out of stock!
Click image for larger version

Name:	56cf1936-1f24-46e2-9cf5-9d4b422f3e14-2060x1236.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	48099

Click image for larger version

Name:	930a52531c8a33735f1d6cafac12c78a.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	48100
cerhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 03:04 AM   #2836
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Well, good thing I already preordered from .com...
Old 12-21-2020, 11:44 AM   #2837
Malechai
Machine War

Sunstreaker just popped up on amazon.ca for purchase. 29.99
Malechai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 12:24 PM   #2838
Tonestar
Star Seeker

Miracle of Miracles....my Ironhide/Prowl 2 pack FINALLY arrived ! It was lost by Purolator since December 11th and I never thought it would come and I would have to wait until December 30th to get my refund but Purolator found it and that's what matters. It sucks they just slapped the delivery sticker on the outside of the box and didn't even bag it or box it but it doesn't really matter since everything is good inside and I was gonna open it anyway.
Old 12-21-2020, 05:42 PM   #2839
DestronDecepticon23
Generation 2

Had the space set preordered since day 1 and I believe within the hour of it popping up online. Seems they've now cancelled it on me... -__- Had to preorder on .com but now it's even more expensive and even less assured of it actually getting here...

Current Hunt:
Breakdown
Twincast
DestronDecepticon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 03:30 PM   #2840
cr3d1t
Beast Machine

Also got Ironhide/Prowl today. Shipping label right on the box, but the box was in good shape. Hair dryer to remove it?

Prowl has the same sort of problem as Bluestreak where the car mode just can't get it together properly. Robot mode, one of the tabs meant to hold the shoulder is misaligned. Maybe the whole shape of the inner chest piece is warped somehow. Anyway, it's not too bad. Ironhide folds up nice.