Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-24-2021, 07:56 PM   #1401
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov View Post
Missed the runabout timeframe. Starts showing up in stores around in quebec but not montreal region so far. Really starting to hate these exclusive hunts ...
The sheer volume of exclusives combined with the absurd difficulty to get them is absolute rubbish, mate.

I didn't think I would care, but I'm actually kind of pissed my order got cancelled. I want so little from current TFs.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 08:10 PM   #1402
Ransak The Elder
Beasty

ya who would of thought that ordering a Thor figure has a better chance of getting a transformers figure than people who ordered a transformers figure and got it canceled.

TRU is run by idiots.. which is why it went out business in the states and is a few years from it here.
Ransak The Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 08:12 PM   #1403
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransak The Elder View Post
ya who would of thought that ordering a Thor figure has a better chance of getting a transformers figure than people who ordered a transformers figure and got it canceled.

TRU is run by idiots.. which is why it went out business in the states and is a few years from it here.
Well, the whole story of it going out of business in the states largely has nothing to do with how it was run and more a bunch of shitty investment practices. Look it up, it's fucking brutal. Shitty wall street fuckers.

Amazon and Walmart have also both been awful for exclusives and preorders the past year. We can't really underestimate how much covid has made things more difficult. Can also assume Hasbro has dropped the ball on their end.

At the same time, TRU's site has sucked since the redesign and 85% of the transformers listed on their site are sold out. Blech.

Old 02-24-2021, 08:22 PM   #1404
Ransak The Elder
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Well, the whole story of it going out of business in the states largely has nothing to do with how it was run and more a bunch of shitty investment practices. Look it up, it's fucking brutal. Shitty wall street fuckers.

Amazon and Walmart have also both been awful for exclusives and preorders the past year. We can't really underestimate how much covid has made things more difficult. Can also assume Hasbro has dropped the ball on their end.

At the same time, TRU's site has sucked since the redesign and 85% of the transformers listed on their site are sold out. Blech.

You know that for the month of january TRU stops all shipments to stores so they can do inventory in a way that most business do not even use anymore. So for an entire month they are behind the ball when it comes to sales on a few waves.. for example.. this made them miss the entire Kingdom and SS86 waves. Think investors are happy to hear a toy store missed major release for an entire month (almost 10% of your year) of hot toys, every year because they do things like its 1963. Cycle counting became a norm for a reason.

No reseller policy. Seen numerous scalpers in store walking around with shopping carts with 12 rogues, all the mandos.. all the seeker 2 packs and they dont get that when all that stuff is gone.. people have no reason to visit their store. Exclusives are meant to draw you into a store and hopefully you buy something else too. Thats the whole idea.

The website is stuck in 1990s and has no system in place for stock tracking.. its just Pre-orders and canceling orders to hit their numbers.

I could go on and on but you seem to already be solidified in your position.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:46 PM   #1405
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransak The Elder View Post
You know that for the month of january TRU stops all shipments to stores so they can do inventory in a way that most business do not even use anymore. So for an entire month they are behind the ball when it comes to sales on a few waves.. for example.. this made them miss the entire Kingdom and SS86 waves. Think investors are happy to hear a toy store missed major release for an entire month (almost 10% of your year) of hot toys, every year because they do things like its 1963. Cycle counting became a norm for a reason.

No reseller policy. Seen numerous scalpers in store walking around with shopping carts with 12 rogues, all the mandos.. all the seeker 2 packs and they dont get that when all that stuff is gone.. people have no reason to visit their store. Exclusives are meant to draw you into a store and hopefully you buy something else too. Thats the whole idea.

The website is stuck in 1990s and has no system in place for stock tracking.. its just Pre-orders and canceling orders to hit their numbers.

I could go on and on but you seem to already be solidified in your position.
Oh, i mean, no, it's a store. I am saying that Tru USA didn't go out of business because it was badly run per se. Private equity firm horseshit is the bigger culprit.

I agree on all your points. Especially not limiting sales to prevent scalpers. I would say the whole tf distro has been shit across the board. But yeah it sucks at Tru!😂😂💞

Old 02-24-2021, 08:52 PM   #1406
Malakhov
Generation 2

Quote:
The sheer volume of exclusives combined with the absurd difficulty to get them is absolute rubbish, mate.

I didn't think I would care, but I'm actually kind of pissed my order got cancelled. I want so little from current TFs.
Seriously if this wasn't for my son I'd give up right about now, it's seriously getting ridiculous
Malakhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 08:53 PM   #1407
Ransak The Elder
Beasty

Quote:
Oh, i mean, no, it's a store. I am saying that Tru USA didn't go out of business because it was badly run per se. Private equity firm horseshit is the bigger culprit.

I agree on all your points. Especially not limiting sales to prevent scalpers. I would say the whole tf distro has been shit across the board. But yeah it sucks at Tru!😂😂💞

even worse now is that TRU's are starting store instagrams to give scalpers a heads up when new stock comes in now...
Old 02-24-2021, 08:54 PM   #1408
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

I'm ready to consider Earthrise my last hurrah, aside from the occasional Masterpiece. It's just too expensive and not very fun anymore, even if the figures are amazing.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:04 PM   #1409
latefox2015
Generation 2

I've seen / witnessed two board members on here who have youtube channels..... scalp. It's usually the ones who call out "scalper sam" all the time and pretend to alert the community. Be careful. The scalps wear sheep skin. Wolves run under thick. Hidden in plain sight. Scalpers... as if its someone secret mysterious person or cobra organization who knows nothing about collecting. Right... they are the person you least expect.

Last edited by latefox2015; 02-24-2021 at 09:07 PM.
latefox2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 09:06 PM   #1410
Wheelwave
Cybertron

Still no shipping notice for Sunday order. On the bright side, my cancelled Friday order arrived. Do I have to return it!?!

Nothing
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote