Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-18-2016, 08:08 AM   #21
Ras
Generation 1
Re: What are your thoughts on Titans Return so far?

Agree that the line is good. I never got into the headmaster phase when I was a kid so its all new to me. I also tend to pass on the season 3 and later characters which seem to be featured in this line; which is actually a good thing to spread the love and allow me the option to collect less if I choose. I picked up Blaster, rewind, and wheelie. Though Galvatron, Scourge, and Blurr have been tempting. I have a Metroplex and have no room for FortMax Thumbs up so far, though is some instances it would have been nice to pulloff a transformation without removing the head which would allow me to ignore the headmaster gimmick on certain characters.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:53 AM   #22
Gordicon14
Generations

Originally i was going to avoid this line, after spending way too much on CW. But i've epically failed because there have been some really interesting toys and some great sales at TRU and WM. Love the playabilty. it's gotten my kids interested in TFs again, so we've been playing with them together more. Absolutely love Hardhead. Blaster is great and his base mode is fun with the Titan masters. Blurr is solid in both modes. Scourge is pretty good, aside from floppy leg syndrome. My kids and i are enjoying the Titan Masters for the head switching. But Nightbeats vehicle is lame.

Don't like Galvs third mode or his mask gimmick, which I haven't had time to fix yet. SP is pretty good overall but needs paint apps for this molded cannons on his arms. I like the design of Wheelie's modes, but QC issues bring him down because he doesn't hold together well in either mode (kids are bound to loose the pieces that fall off. Skullsmasher - cool idea, love Grax's colours - but oh so floppy, which is disappointing, and his croc head does not peg in well.
Gordicon14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 12:57 PM   #23
Longshot
Pretender

I'm loving it so far and glimpses of future releases has it as one of the best series yet. I am very impressed with Titans Return.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 03:31 PM   #24
justprime
Animated

The two things that I was surprised at was the fact that the headmasters were still so un articulated one would have thought with all the updating and engineering that this was one spot that would have drawn more attention to detail the other being the fact of no plug in tech specs strength ,speed etc
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 03:32 PM   #25
justprime
Animated

Also powermaster prime and galva are more like brain masters than the aformentioned
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:53 AM   #26
neevnav
Masterpiece

TR is saving me a lot of money at the moment =) Just just have no interest in the headmaster gimmick. And while some of the figures are nice, they just don't do anything for me. So far the only one I'm considering picking up is Astrotrain.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:42 AM   #27
Marcotron
Robot Master

I wasn't a huge fan of headmasters as a kid. The original headmasters cartoon felt like they had done everything, and designed the characters as just generating different faces, and then to sell more of the same toys, they drilled holes in the hood or roof and added a gun friend, Hot Rod, Cyclonus, Blurr etc.

So, I am likely only getting the ones that are from season 1-3. Passing on PMOP cuz I have CW Ultra Magnus and a lack of space.
I've so far gotten Blaster, Scourge, and Blurr.
Blaster is awesome, looks and fits with the masterpiece size, especially MP Soundave. Must go get the tapes. Because I have MP Soundwave, I don't need the repaint of Blaster. But, if you don't have MP soundwave, that one's probably good. There's a few pegs on Blaster that are very obviously made for Soundwave (the square hole in his abdomen for example)
Scourge is sorta boring, and mine is quite floppy, but it tabs together well enough. The head connector is very loose. I do'nt really like the seat gun, and I wish there was a cool way to attach it to the bot better.
Blurr is very tight, and the head fits in better. The car mode is very sleek. I like how they left the gap between the cockpit and the back end, I had the original toy (missing the shield) and could never understand why there was that gap, so that's a design reference probably.
On both Scourge and blurr, the antenna that pops up from the head doesn't stay up very well, but not a huge problem. It would be funny if you could take the antenna out and put it in backwards to make a... you think about it...
I'm on the fence about getting Galvatron. It's not even the head thing that's making it a tough call, it's the question of what do I do with the ManiaKing that I have. Galvatron is slightly bigger though.
Astrotrain looked good untill I watched the transformation, and it suffers from "looks good in box" syndrome. The ship is kinda lazy looking, like Silverbolt with the arms really sticking out. The train mode is kinda weird, and doesn't look like a train, so I'll stick with the classics mold I've got.

Need Wheelie...... This guy can fall apart and I won't care. Huge upgrade on the original toy.
CW megatron is superior to the tank/jet/robot pre-mold of Blitzwing, same thing with Prime as a pre-mold for Octane.

wow, that was a rant and a half, but it looks like i'm saving money from not having to buy every singles toy from every wave like the combiners made me do. I passed on Menasor when I realized the investment that would take, but ended up with a Red Prime and four car limbs anyways. Which is another reason I'm skipping the main headmasters, Chromedome is way too similar to the CW cars, and the others are too similar to each other. Anyways, slight plastic crack detox this year. See Y'all at the next toy show, maybe we'll throw an intervention.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:10 AM   #28
Marcotron
Robot Master

also, this guys looks cool.
http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...artwork/36357/
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:39 AM   #29
BoomerX
Mini-Con

^I saw that figure in a Walmart in Chicago.
very detailed, just not my style
BoomerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:41 AM   #30
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerX View Post
^I saw that figure in a Walmart in Chicago.
very detailed, just not my style
Agreed. I really wanted this when I first saw the early pics before release but seeing the reviews and actual product, I'll pass. Hopefully he will get repainted into a better character suited to that mold.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote