Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 11-19-2013, 06:51 AM   #1
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions
Unhappy Slave's TFC-008 Wing of Uranos Review

Well I gotta say, I was super hyped to receive my package today, the TF inside I been waiting for a long time... and what a let down... all 3 transformers were disappointing. 2 of those I will do quick reviews.

The second on the list is the TFC 008 WING OF URANOS add-on kit.

As you guessed it its the Upgrade kit for the Uranos combiner by TFC... yes its a let down...

First problem, I don't know if its my kit only, but I dint get any instructions... its probably a mistake... but it SUCKED 'cuz some of those parts are not easy to figure out.

Ok so lets start with here a video review... sorry I struggle a lot with the figure lol http://youtu.be/LIcVWrCCAN4

So in the box we get a loads of missiles for the jet modes... it's nice, but pretty useless since I'll pose my figures as Uranos... and not as separate jets. Good idea... but ultimately... useless... I'm not really going to show it.

Then we get 4 pistols... again they are nice, but useless since I pose my set as the combined Uranos and not a individual robots. Neither will I really show this... the guns and missiles are just novelty and feels like they've been added to make the set "more complete" not to sell people a simple Chest shield and face plate.

Now onto the goo parts:

The new gun is SUPER HUGE and looks VERY NICE. There's nothing more to say, the gun is SWEET!

Next up; the face plate is a great addition, the ugly semi-grin face was really ugly and I couldn't stand looking at his face.

Finally the Chest shield & skirt looks GREAT... but has their downside. First up the skirt barely holds in place... there is no way to make it hold tight. Seen in the video review, I press with all my might and it never clips in.

Then the Chest shield doesn't peg anywhere at all, instead there's only tabs that you fold over and in the side arms of the leader. It hold. But i feel like they couldn't done more.

Not shown in the screenshots but covered in the video are two tiny piece of plastics that you place around the neck... it took me a while to figure those out. and I wonder why those... exist... sure they seem to cover a bit of kibbles... but no one ever complained about those... its a mystery to me.

Pros:
-Face plate, I really HATED the original face of uranos and that plate really fixes that
-The chest shield looks great and fixes the floppy arms as you move the combined arms
-The gun is incredible, the looks of it in uranos hands is just amazing.

Cons:
-Missiles and guns, thought great add-on... feels tacked-on to make the whole kit worth while... but ultimately they are useless because I think that like me, most people are going to show the set as a whole Uranos... and not as separate figures... if you do show off the set as individuals robot... those missiles and guns are a Pro... but if you are like me... those add-ons are completely useless.
-The skirt barely holds onto place
-No instructions really sucked
-The kit combines into a really fugly jet thing, I skipped it in my video review and here because its just too damn ugly and useless if you ask me.

Is the set worth it? Ugh... not really... I mean the gun, the face plate and the chest shield looks GREAT and REALLY improves Uranos' looks... But all the rest just falls short. Sure the ugly face is fixed with the mask, the gun looks amazing, the chest shield really improves on the look... but now I got a bunch of missiles and guns that I'll never use, and now the previous chest shield mini-con sort of robot has become useless also.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions
Re: Slave's TFC-008 Wing of Uranos Review

Thanks for the review. I didn't watch the video but read it all. Have to agree with you. Mine will prob never come out of combined mode so guns are useless to me also.

Ends up being a really expensive 3 item set I guess...

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #3
Slayback
Animated

that would be kinda like saying - i dont need Bovis' swords because I'm going to display him in combined mode. That being said for sure TFC should have included the weapons with each character before hand, -it does leave people pretty sour that they weren't included in the first place. Hopefully Warbotron will not be the same.

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #4
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions

Well, the original robots already had missiles that doubled as weapons... I didnt see anyone complain about those... sure the add-on kit has much prettier missiles and guns... but the first ones did the job...
Old 11-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #5
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayback View Post
that would be kinda like saying - i dont need Bovis' swords because I'm going to display him in combined mode. That being said for sure TFC should have included the weapons with each character before hand, -it does leave people pretty sour that they weren't included in the first place. Hopefully Warbotron will not be the same.
I think TFC save each memeber's little guns just to make/force people buy this upgrade kit. It's quite stupid they did this, in the short run TFC make more money, but who will trust this company again?

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #6
BoNKerS
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
I think TFC save each memeber's little guns just to make/force people buy this upgrade kit. It's quite stupid they did this, in the short run TFC make more money, but who will trust this company again?
I agree, for the price you pay to not receive these pieces are ridiculous.

$500+ and you NEED to purchase the add on kit to make it look the way it should be?

ALSO the face plate?! really?! how about providing a new head instead of a plastic piece.

Apologies, as I do not want to sound like I'm bashing TFC. I did not purchase this set because TFC is gauging their customers for additional $$$

I would have been happier if another 3rd party came out with this set to fix TFC's release.

If ANY 3rd party company is going to release a product be sure it's your FINAL vision. TFC called out this set while limbs were being released. If this was the plan from the get go, I'll never own a TFC product.

If I purchased this set I would have to spend the $$$ for the chest piece alone.
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #7
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
who will trust this company again?
Us who will buy their not-Predaking anyway.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #8
BoNKerS
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
MMC for this guy...
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #9
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I think MMC is a better version among these 3 not-Predaking (UT, MMC and TFC).

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #10
Pascal
Banned

Maybe, but several of us are buying 2 or all 3 versions.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
review, slave, tfc-008, uranos