Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 11-19-2013, 01:39 AM   #1
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions
Unhappy Slave's KFC Airdancer' Review (CST-05J & 06J)

Well I gotta say, I was super hyped to receive my package today, the TFs inside, I've been waiting for a long time... and what a let down... all 3 transformers were disappointing. 2 of those I will do quick reviews.

The first one is the KFC CST-05J & 06J which are Slam Tank and Air Dancer... which are cassette vehicles that combines into the Air Dancer robot.

Yes its a let down... here's a video review: http://youtu.be/W0sqqjHAkWs

Now let's start with the better of the two; Slam Tank.

The cassette is pretty good looking...

...Until you flip it upside down and see a lot of Holes all over the place. Its not very good looking. But hey... who is going to shot these off as cassette anyway? Let's overlook that and go to the Tank mode...

The tank more is... ok... considering there's a huge hole underneath the turret..

The transformation is pretty simple, but the shovel part of it is worrying me, the ball joints on it are a bit loose and so tiny I'm super afraid to put it back into its socket. Be really careful with it.

The cannons you add onto it... just make the whole thing tacky and really not good looking. Plus the whole thing doesnt hold tight at all and is likely to fall if you play with it.

Otherwise there's not much else to say about that one. Let's move onto Jet Dancer...

The cassette looks good... but as pointed in the video, it's about 2mm longer than an original G1 cassette... it's no big deal really... the big let down here are the loose joints, the cassette barely hold together and is likely to come apart as you handle the cassette.

Otherwise both side of the cassette looks quite good.

Onto the Jet mode... holy crap it's a mess... if you seen the video... you'll notice the joints popping off 3-4 times... and its nothing complicated either... then there's a micro flap in the back of one leg that is IMPOSSIBLE TO REACH unless with something tiny and sharp... such as a tip of a knife... and that tab then barely has uses 'cuz it doesn't hold Shit together. It's suppose to hold the legs together, but doesn't... at all. Then there's stress marks on the very first transformation as you flip the tail fins. The only good point the jet has is that it comes with a nice stand to hold the jet... the jet mode is laughable at best.

But then again, who cares about a weak Tank mode and god awful Jet mode, when what really interest us is the combined Air Dancer robot.

The transformation is relatively simple even tho I struggled clipping both parts together. The robot mode looks quite good. And this is the only positive of the set... The robot is Very nice, well articulated, holds together perfectly. The weapons tho is another story, the tank turret makes a backpack, but barely holds in his back, and the jet's missiles are supposed to attach themselves to the forearms... well they don't. They do hold good in the hands tho so its not that bad.

Do I recommend this set? ugh... you want the combined robot to show on the shelves? then yes by all mean the combined Air Dancer is great... you want the individual cassettes or the tank/jet mode? Please Pass on this set, the cassettes and vehicles mode are abomination.

Pros:
-Combined robot mode is great

Cons:
-Tank's chrome gun add-on the turret doesn't hold much
-Tank mode has a huge ugly hole in the middle of it
-Tank's shovel's ball joints are loose and come off too easily and is scary to put back in the socket
-Jet doesn't hold together at all
-Ball joints of the jet pops off like bubble wrapper in the hands of any human beings
-Cassette mode of the Jet Dancer is loose

Yeah... the cons out-weight the pros... but the pro... is pretty solid... I really love the robot mode... but all of the rest is horrid.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!
Re: Slave's KFC Airdancer' Review (CST-05J & 06J)

Damn what a disappointment Slave. I'm glad you reviewed it.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #3
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus

thanks for the review slave!
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:56 AM   #4
wheeljaxx
Always in pain.

I don't have these issues. mine holds together well, no joints poped out, jet mode holds together just fine.

not a fan of the gap in the tank mode, but can't be helped.
was shocked to see it was so small.

Can't wait for the black version
wheeljaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #5
Longshot
Pretender

Great review!
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #6
BlackZarak
Robot in Disguise
BlackZarak's Ebay Auctions

Was on the fence on this one until your review. I'll pass. I have the previous set which was pretty nice....until the plastic slider pin snapped off when I tried to extend the arm.
BlackZarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:14 AM   #7
Lina5731
Mini-Con

Great job.
Lina5731 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
airdancer, kfc, review, slave