Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-08-2017, 10:02 PM   #111
Xtreme987
Metroplex
Re: TF5 Transformers The Last Knight discussion (spoilers inside)

^
Ya looking forward to the voyager of him coming out in the next wave.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:41 PM   #112
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Finally saw TLK this weekend as the early reviews shortly after release were so consistently bad enough that it pretty nearly dissuaded any interest I had of seeing it right away at premium theatre pricing. Well, with the long weekend here, being off from work for a week, and the fact that this movie has now moved into the cheap theatres and no longer running as a "current" release, I didn't have many excuses not to check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegatron View Post
I think the best way to sum up my feelings on this movie is to go with Shakespeare believe it or not. This quote from MacBeth was one of the first things I thought of when I went to see the movie:

"It is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
signifying nothing".
^^ That right there perfectly summarizes the whole experience. Out of all 5 of the live action movies, this was the least enjoyable for me and I totally understand now why it got a 15% on RottenTomatoes. I'm not entirely sure if this was due to scene editing which resulted in too much content getting left out or if it was deliberately written this poorly but aside from the usual complaints that has plagued this series so far of not having enough transforming, too many humans and not enough Cybertronians, the terribly cheesy humor, my single biggest problem with this episode was how disjointed the story-telling was.

There were too many moments of "where did he go?", "how did they get there so fast?", "what was the point of this?", etc. and the finished product is a giant mess. I followed AOE's story better than I could TLK, and we all know that was juggling a lot of content too.

At the end of the day, did I regret watching it? No. Would I watch it again? Yes, but only if it happens to get broadcasted on TV and only to try to trace back wtf happened and when again. Will I buy the home release to add it to my collection. Most definitely not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
Yay.
I had always wondered what happened to Mikaela's scooter from TF-2007.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:02 PM   #113
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Somehow I didn't see this one yet. I saw all the others first few days in theatres and bought the Blu-Rays which I watch from time to time. But I missed this one's theatrical run completely... not sure why, I just felt kind of... done? Tired of the same old thing?

Maybe I can still catch it somewhere but I think the window has largely closed now. Weird, for me. Weird.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:04 PM   #114
Pascal
Banned

My brother, who's not a TF fan at all, went with his 6-year-old son and was blown away, and so was my dad who goes to movies like once every two years (although he thought it was a bit too loud... lol).
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote