Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 08-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #261
Commandoclone87
Seeker
Re: Repair Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Galvatron View Post

My second issue is regarding chrome or Shiny Paint (I don't know the appropriate term). Bottom line is that its chipping and/or flaking off on many figures from the BW and BM lines. Here's one of my worst, BW TM Rattrap:

There are a few other figures that this is happening too like BM Ultra Jetstorm. And I just started to see it on Battle Unicorn's ax:

As with my previous questions, is there any way to avoid or even repair such things?

My only thought is to take every figure that has Gold Plastic and\or Shiny Paint off the shelves and vacuum-sealing them into permanent storage. Which would be a ridiculous shame.
Wow, I have a very heavily played with Beast Wars Rampage and he has nowhere near that amount of flaking. My other BW figures that I've aquired; TM2 Blackarachnia, TM2 Ramulos and TM Tarantulas all have little to no flaking (Blackarachnia is in what could be considered "pristine" condition.

That said, my Rampage's cannon has stopped rotating when he's rolled around in tank mode. Found that the gear inside is stripped really badly.

It's a real shame that's happening to your BW figures as there were some incrediably good toys from that line and it's getting harder to find good condition transmetals outside of MISB and MOSC.

Last edited by Commandoclone87; 08-06-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:13 PM   #262
grizzly519
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundgrrcracker View Post
looking for help with the following 2 problems.

1)g1 apeface arm.(i believe its a ratchet joint) but its hella loose, and tends to swing loose instead of staying inplace.(any options as opposed to ripping the toy apart)

2.botcon 2009 skyquake one wing is missing a long pin that keeps it attached.(very similar to all pin joints) any sources as to where on can pick up more of these at any legnth and just trim down or another solution. thx again guys.
I also need some pins for chromedome's windshield and sixshot's legflap/spaceship tip.Any advice from the experts on where to find these types or ones i could modify?
grizzly519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:29 PM   #263
Pgianos
Banned

G1 Sky Dive

How do I attach the tail to the connector? Do I need a pin or something?
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:56 PM   #264
chans formers
raff ow roud

^there should be a thin black plastic bar that connects the tail and the fusalage.it simply pops in and out thanks to nipples on both ends(giggity)no pins involved,iirc it goes the same way for the other 3 smaller aerialbots too.when in doubt,remove some crews,it's not like he has alot of them
Old 03-31-2013, 09:54 PM   #265
carissa
Energon

Any ideas how I can fix up the arm? I've tried using super glue but even if it glues together, it won't hold up to any bending whatsoever.

Been using Instant Krazy Glue Skin Guard

Gratuitous Humourous Image
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:03 PM   #266
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

drill both sides, insert a metal pin, glue with epoxy (plasticweld work great in my experience) it should hold, if not, you might be better off buying a new one

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:11 PM   #267
Nemesis Predaking
Wears Sunglasses at Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
drill both sides, insert a metal pin, glue with epoxy (plasticweld work great in my experience) it should hold, if not, you might be better off buying a new one
To small, it'll never hold.
Sadly, buy a new one or see if a customizer has a spare.

You know you're an old nerd when you feel the effects of inflation on action figures.
Youtube Twitter
Nemesis Predaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #268
Pgianos
Banned

Hi

1) g1 skydive to fix the tail I can use any pin from any of the other 3 aerial bots that connects the tail to the body?

2) g1 scavenger i removed the metal piece that swivels and a spring, screw and washer came out. I cant get them back in.

HELP!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:59 AM   #269
Pgianos
Banned

G1 Swoop...How do I replace the wings at the hinge? It looks like its one molded piece at the hinge? There is a rod and when you take it out nothing happens.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #270
chroma23
douchebag

i was wondering if you guys have any good (and best bang for the buck) suggestions on clear nail polishes for thickening joints.

i tried 2 different nail polishes in the past. the first one is giving to me by my aunt years ago as her spare polish. worked quite well, but that one is running out....and being a guy myself who know crap about cosmetics, i went to the dollar store and got some clear nail polish for 2 bucks on my own. unfortunately this dollar store one isnt very durable, and flakes off very easily once dry and after a few frictions

thanks in advance

BST on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47234
FEEDBACK on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16129
chroma23 is offline   Reply With Quote