Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-22-2018, 11:25 AM   #11
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's
Re: Siege For Cybertron Toys - Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
A video interview hinted at Omega Supreme being the Titan class toy for the line as well. So I'm hopeful for that.
What!?! This is the most exciting part, we definitely need an official version of the Guardian of Crystal City.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:25 PM   #12
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

I like what we saw and look forward to seeing some Decepticons. The preview image ( the drawing) shows Tetra Jet seekers in the background.

All in all, Im a sucker for small bots and we are getting those times 2. And I like most of what I've seen at SDCC. All in all, I'm in and with excitement. I hate to replace figures I already have but Generations has evolved since 2007 and some of the older figs can use a replacement. ARGH, makes it so hard to finish a collection of on screen characters lol

Someone also mentioned the Ark in the image will be our next Omega Supreme. Although I would have liked the g1 Alt mode I am ok with the Ark because of ANIMATED. I also believe this theory because they made a point to mention that designs will be inspired by other series, as we see with UM in his RID alt mode.

All in all, I am passing on Cyberverse so bring on the Generations!
Old 07-22-2018, 12:31 PM   #13
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
If they actually do a Titan class Omega Supreme that will be great but I was longing for a new rendition of Scorponok/Zarak or even a Black Zarak for the Titan class.

Take a closer look at Trypticon, about 3/4 of Scorponok is there. Tryp's legs are Skorp's claw arms in alt mode. The legs even have a part there that allows them to move forward into the claw position. All the mould needs is a set of legs.

We just got Predaking so next up is an Autobot ( Omega Supreme?) and then the retool for Scorponok. That is my guess. When the fan vote happened just assume all three figures were completely designed. Add the success of Generations and the Titan class and that Trypt into Scorp retool is almost a sure thing.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:32 PM   #14
Ozrein
Stunticon

I'm not convinced that Omega will turn into the Ark. Its certainly possible but I'm hoping for a more G1 alt mode. Either way though, a G1 bot mode is a must, imo.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:07 PM   #15
Longshot
Pretender

I LOVE IT! (trying to say this in the deepest internet voice possible). I like Cog, Firedrive and Chromia the most.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 03:00 PM   #16
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transbot90210 View Post
Take a closer look at Trypticon, about 3/4 of Scorponok is there. Tryp's legs are Skorp's claw arms in alt mode. The legs even have a part there that allows them to move forward into the claw position. All the mould needs is a set of legs.

We just got Predaking so next up is an Autobot ( Omega Supreme?) and then the retool for Scorponok. That is my guess. When the fan vote happened just assume all three figures were completely designed. Add the success of Generations and the Titan class and that Trypt into Scorp retool is almost a sure thing.
I think Fortress Maximus makes a more natural base if it was going to be remolded into Scorponok. The legs can already fold against his back, and it already has a Headmaster gimmick. You'd just need to change the arms into claws and add the scorpion tail and legs.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 03:22 PM   #17
DinobotsDestroyU
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
I'm not convinced that Omega will turn into the Ark. Its certainly possible but I'm hoping for a more G1 alt mode. Either way though, a G1 bot mode is a must, imo.
me too bro! me too
Old 07-22-2018, 03:26 PM   #18
DinobotsDestroyU
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith27 View Post
I've always been a S1 & S2 fan but I was somewhat unimpressed with the Combiner Wars offerings and the new Inferno.

First Jazz, now Sideswipe, Hound, and Ironhide really have me pleased. Even that Prime looks good though I'm not sure how he scales with the others. I really hope we get a bunch of redos on bots like Wheeljack, Trailbreaker, Mirage etc. and maybe some better looking and scaled Decepticon jets. (You call them seekers, I call them jets.)

I also like the new Rumble and Buzzsaw even if they are Bumblebee movie bots and not really part of the line.
LOL! I was thinking the same thing when I saw them, what a mish mash.

A new Jazz? Cool if they are redesigning him
Old 07-22-2018, 06:31 PM   #19
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transbot90210 View Post
I hope you are not working in the Hasbro product development department Seriously, I take a hard look at my Trypticon again and I can't really see how it resemblance Scorponok.

Anyhow, I welcome a new official Omega Supreme from HasTak even though I have just got a DX9 Gabriel. What I am saying is that I would prefer a new Scorponok from them.

All in all I am looking forward to some of the figures in this new Generation line. At least (most of them) are new designs not based on the Combiners War concept as in PotP. I did say I am a little bit disappointed they recycled the same groups of season 1 G1 guys but if HasTak shows us, like, a group of decent Cybertronian tetra jet Seekers, I may change my tune.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately

Last edited by QuadESL63; 07-22-2018 at 06:39 PM.
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:51 PM   #20
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Pleased so far. With the War for Cybertron tagline I was afraid everything was going to be pointy angled alien gibberish alt modes, but I’m happy to see it’s just beefier armoured looking earth inspired modes. Can’t wait to see some reviews!
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote