Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-15-2008, 09:08 PM   #21
StarwarsTF
seek&destroy
Re: The Dark Knight

Ok so anyone interested in DK toys especially the JOKER figure??? Well so was I until I saw the case assortment. (You also have to wait to June 1st. Well at most retails.) I can only speak from what I see, and cant speak for every retail in Canada, however looks like Mattel has pulled a fast one on everybody in Canada!!!! (other then making shitty toys for the past 40 years!)

The Joker (ledger) figure is shown on the back of the package on the "basic" assortment there was one figure in the case that wasn't put on the back of the card, that figure has replaced the JOKER figure in what I can only guess about 99.9% of the cases for the first wave. So good luck in finding one because it is literally GOOOOOOOOOOOLD.

Ohhhhhh yeah the figure that replaced the JOKER figure in the basic case assortment was the variant "Scarecrow". Same mold, same weapon a little bit of a paint difference though all the same from Batman: Begins. Boourns... Like I said I can't say that no one (retail) will get a JOKER just it doesn't look to be in the first wave.
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:32 AM   #22
-KG-
Kranix

Which one are you talking about? The 5' figures are geared towards kids while the 7' Movie Masters are geared more towards collectors. The 5' Joker that looked like Heath was deemed too scary so they made a Ledger/cartoony hybrid. The 7' are much more accurate.

There is no apparent shortage in the states:
http://adage.com/article?article_id=126981

They had a case out at Square 1 TRU yesterday, but it was those crappy rainbow Batman that light up.

Is June 1st the official Canadian TRU street date or for all retailers in Canada?

Last edited by -KG-; 05-16-2008 at 11:51 AM.
-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:10 PM   #23
StarwarsTF
seek&destroy

These are the 5" inch crappy green and red looking Batman figs!! LOL thanks for the article too. According to Mattel Canada release date is June 1st on the boxes or 6 weeks prior to film, so it works out to be June 1st. thats for all of Canada!! Nobody follows it though.
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:30 PM   #24
-KG-
Kranix

lol okay thanks. I can ease back on searching for them for now then. I've been looking for a couple of weeks ever since they've been sited in the US.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:33 PM   #25
Yobuster
Alternator

So far I've only seen the basic 5" figures and the deluxe ones with all the uber high-tech crap. It looks like the normal black batman and scarecrow are the only single case packed.

No movie masters line yet.
Yobuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:47 PM   #26
neospike
Generation 2

Sherway TRU has the basic figures in stock. They had the cases stacked on the floor, but someone had opened them all and removed all the Jokers...
neospike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:22 AM   #27
CerebralSin

dang... all i have found were the 5 inch ones too. I just want the movie masters!!!! argh

. . . KENNEDY!!!

CerebralSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:24 PM   #28
Yobuster
Alternator

Hey fellow boardies,

Managed to snag myself the Movie Masters Batman. I have a spare if anyone is interested in taking it off my hands. PM me if interested.

Cheers
Yobuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:58 PM   #29
Nightbeat

Ah the joys of doing a Transformers podcast....I mentioned I was searching for the movie masters and a US listener went out and got the ones I wanted.... I recommend them highly.

Anyone else see some people online complaining that the run time is 152 minutes ? I wouldn't mind if the movie was 3 hours... I am really looking forward to this film.

Going to see the Hulk tomorrow to try to tide me over.
Nightbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 11:09 AM   #30
-KG-
Kranix

Batman Begins was 140 min, not really a big difference for what's sure to be an even better movie.