Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 03-02-2009, 10:52 PM   #81
Devastator
Machine War
Re: Street Fighter IV!

I'd be down for an SF4 or STHD tourny at TFCon.
Does anyone know if PS2 controllers still work fine for the PS3?
Devastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:36 AM   #82
Omega_Prime
RULES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
WE MUST HAVE A TOURNAMENT!!! *BREATHS HEAVY*

IT MUST BE DONE!
IF THEY DON'T HAVE A TOURNEY WE WILL MAKE ONE!
That and 3rd strike, Tekken 5 DR, SSBB, Halo, and/or anything else so that people don't feel left out and will have more appeal and have more chances of it actually happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastator View Post
I'd be down for an SF4 or STHD tourny at TFCon.
Does anyone know if PS2 controllers still work fine for the PS3?
PS2 controller works but you need a USB attachment(20 bucks) and the response is not noticeable to a layman, but a hardcore player can tell the difference.

I SAY WE ROUND UP ENOUGH OF A DEMAND OF PLAYERS TO GET THIS GOING AND FIND SOMEONE TO RUN IT THAT'S NOT ME!

I'm going to be taking the train there so I won't be able to bring a TV and PS3 (not to mention the TFs I plan to bring home!)
Omega_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:14 PM   #83
-KG-
Kranix

Anybody have a joystick for the 360? If so how is it? Anybody buy from Arcade-In-A-Box?

I won't be getting SF IV for a while but I won't get it without a joystick. I have SFII HF and SSFIIHD for the 360 and I'm terrible with the controller. Any help would be appreciated!

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:16 PM   #84
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KG- View Post
Anybody have a joystick for the 360? If so how is it? Anybody buy from Arcade-In-A-Box?

I won't be getting SF IV for a while but I won't get it without a joystick. I have SFII HF and SSFIIHD for the 360 and I'm terrible with the controller. Any help would be appreciated!
Sadly all the 360 Hori sticks have skyrocketed in price from ebay sellers due to SFIV coming out. 2-3 months ago: $60 USD, now: $250+ USD.

Is this actually gonna happen? Will it be a free tourney or something like $2 entry or something? lol

I know some people on these forums are also on shoryuken.com and redflagdeals.com, so I'm expecting some pretty good pwnage from them if it does occur.
Dark Rage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #85
pud333
Animated

Just played this the other day. Pretty much the same as the original SFII. Definitely looks and plays really well. It felt like I was in highschool again.

I find it amusing that they basically took a 15 year old game and just gave it new graphics and a few more moves. But I suppose when it ain't broke, don't fix it.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #86
Protoman
The Legend

If your looking for a stick, just wait. My friend managed to get one USED at Gamestop ALREADY. Let the hype die down and all those who blew money on it are going to ebay en mass. Also the hori stick is really good, but you have to know the feel of Japanese sticks (click click) instead of our smoother ones.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:40 PM   #87
onecoin
Banned

I am waiting. There is gonna be a ton of used sticks soon. Too many people think a stick has some magical shit that's just gonna make you good all of a sudden. If you suck, you're gonna stay shitty, stick or no stick. If you're good a stick will make you that much better. With a lot of people already abandoning the game, its gonna get easier to get a stick.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:58 PM   #88
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
Just played this the other day. Pretty much the same as the original SFII. Definitely looks and plays really well. It felt like I was in highschool again.

I find it amusing that they basically took a 15 year old game and just gave it new graphics and a few more moves. But I suppose when it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Is it very much the same? all I know is that you lose/win very quickly on Super Turbo and that I'll never be able to pull off some of those insane advanced combos unlike 3rd Strike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
If your looking for a stick, just wait. My friend managed to get one USED at Gamestop ALREADY. Let the hype die down and all those who blew money on it are going to ebay en mass. Also the hori stick is really good, but you have to know the feel of Japanese sticks (click click) instead of our smoother ones.
Do you have any tips on how to get one for a good price? I know the Madcatz TE version one is coming out late March/early April, but I dunno how good it'll be (Especially for $150 I think). I hope I can get one before TFcon (and the supposed tourney), I know Japanese sticks make the clicky sounds but I'm sick of playing Super Turbo on my emulator with a keyboard (using macros for one-button special moves, heh). Frankly, I'm more interested in Super Turbo or HD Remix at the moment, it's just more challenging and fun.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:13 PM   #89
Protoman
The Legend

Well for one, if you HAVE to use console, use the PS3 pad or a Fight Pad that is found on both PS3 or Xbox360. Sadly all sticks, if it's the USA Capcom TE one, or the Madcat Hori, they are all Japan style hori if your not a fan of the clicky clicky. The good news is if your an arcade rat like me hunting for fights, the Korean version of SFIV is becoming quite common and they use the traditional 4 axis smooth stick over the 8 axel hori lolipop. I know this might all sound like gibberish. But in the end, just wait people. I love SF to death, but just wait. I don't need to buy one cause I got 3 dumb ass friends that did it already and we all play together anyhow, but for your own personal glory....... just wait. and troll ebay.

*EDIT* Oh and please bring SFIV........ we have to run something.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman

Last edited by Protoman; 03-16-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:19 PM   #90
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

I've never heard of the Korean versions before, just the Japanese Sanwa or Hori clicky sticks or the American ones. I find myself doing better on japanese sticks/buttons than the American ones, which are lower quality and prone to get jammed easily. Sadly doing 360's on a "clicky clicky" isn't as smooth, but I think it's much better to the American sticks (for chances of execution).