Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 07:22 AM   #1
Zodberg
Machine War
Send a message via AIM to Zodberg
SDCC Exclusives not availible at Fanexpo.

Last year several of the San Diego Comic-Con exclusives were available for purchase at the Hasbro both at Fanexpo this year - Sgt Slaughter, G1 Blaster Reissue, and some version of Thor that is apparently special. this worked out well since for the most part they didn't have anything on them specifying them as San Diego exclusives.

At Botcon (and other events?) this year it was revealed that the San Diego exclusives would be a G.I. Joe "Sky Striker" plane done up in Starscream's colors, an Optimus Prime Matrix thing, and a version of the new Optimus Prime & Trailer from the upcoming movie which is essentially the same toy as retail but in a box that displays it in vehicle mode instead of robot mode - like one of the bubble-shell era Alternators. At the hasbro booth I asked if they would be available at Fanexpo but the company representative I mentioned this to didn't know.

At the Canadian G.I. Joe convention last weekend (June 18th 2011) the exclusives were mentioned at the Hasbro Q&A panel where it was verified that the exclusives wouldn't be available this year at Hasbro's both due to choices made by Hasbro's american offices. But any leftovers after the San Diego comic convention would be available on the Hasbro Toy Shop website soon after SDCC.

I personally am disappointed because I regularly attend Fanexpo and the Prime figure is something I would have bought anyway and I can't leave a good souvenir behind, however I doubt I'll buy any of them online since I'm not the dude who grabs a souvenir from a convention I didn't go to, feels weird man.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:24 AM   #2
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions
Re: SDCC Exclusives not availible at Fanexpo.

Yeah it's disappointing, I wonder if it had anything to do with how FanExpo was run last year.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Old 06-22-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

AFN had this as one of the Q & A questions last month. Hasbro confirmed it then.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #4
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showp...34&postcount=8