Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 09-28-2009, 01:47 PM   #1
frenzy_rumble
Universe Jazz

This guy was a hard project. I wanted to do something different than the ones we've seen before. I took the front end of a Porsche-like car, cut it up. Took off the front end of U. Prowl, then fused the 2 together. Took a lot of filling and sanding to make it look natural. I also wanted part of the front end to remain on his chest while in robot mode. The head is a cast from a botcon TFCC Jazz. His hands are articulated. I also reworked the spoiler and gave him fat rubber tires that stick out a bit, which give him a more racing car look. finished off with some custom decals and some gloss on the alt mode parts. Painted with HOK:KK and testor's model master enamels.

Old 09-28-2009, 02:01 PM   #2
down_shift
Fortress Maximus
Re: Universe Jazz

I like it! My only "critque" would have to be the platform neck that the prowl mould suffers from. But no one every really cries over one penny when you're worth millions, right? Another A+!
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:04 PM   #3
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

i like it, the different take on the hood looks ok, more bulbous than the other versions, kinda more cartoony i think

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:34 PM   #4
JaySmith
Banned
JaySmith's Ebay Auctions

You should have molded some fender flares to not only make the body fatter, but make the tires themselves seem less low rider like. Overall a beautiful concept and design to say the least.
JaySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #5
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

That looks bad ass.
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:13 PM   #6
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

That barely looks like Jazz at all.... well except for the head... and the colors... an the stickers... and the hood... and the alt mode...errr... I know... That Jazz pinky finger is not accurate at all. Could you have not gotten a few screen caputures and made his pinky finger accruate? Geeezzzzz.

But seriously, nice job. I wonder if any one from certain companies that rhyme with Spasbro and Fakara are paying attention? There seems to be a small demand for Universe-esque type Jazz.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:17 PM   #7
chans formers
raff ow roud

that's friggin sweet!!! the only negative i can see is the wheels kinda look like they're off a dollar store car.other than that,the body work looks flawless!!!nice one!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 06:45 PM   #8
Ultra Maverick
The Bow Tie Guy

Nice work!
Ultra Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:12 PM   #9
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
But seriously, nice job. I wonder if any one from certain companies that rhyme with Spasbro and Fakara are paying attention? There seems to be a small demand for Universe-esque type Jazz.
Jazz, along with a few others were originally planned for the Universe line but never made it off the drawing board due to Jazz being a character in Animated. Unlike Prowl, the two characters would have been too similar to market to children. If I recall, they same could be said for the Dinobots.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote