Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 04-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #1
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.
2010 exclusive?

Hi.

It's, well, quite some time before the next TFCon, surprisingly enough - but when it comes to organising some elements of it, perhaps it's never too soon to ask.

Well, that's my excuse, anyway!

What I wanted to ask was whether or not it was ok for those of us who may or may not have requests regarding what, if any, exclusive figure might be considered for TFCon 2010 - or indeed if x or y idea was plausible in the first place.

For my part, I had two requests, both related to upcoming FansProject... well... projects, and laced with the assumption (or, well, hope really) that either could be made ready by next April.

One request was for consideration to be given for a goatee-packing Shattered Glass re-deco of the upcoming Protector set - in a similar black-and-purple scheme that the evil Rodimus has (and that the Gentei Wildrider isn't too far off from having) - and perhaps called something suitably opposite to its 'normal' name...

...like, say, Despoiler.

However, I appreciate that such a kit might depend on having a dark-coloured Rodimus re-deco, but there are those who have put other coloured cabs into various Commander trailer sets.

(Indeed, would Hasbro be willing to do a second run of SG Rodimus figures to match, or would the BotCon organisers nix that idea?)

That said, if this option wasn't viable for TFCon, perhaps another upcoming FP figure could be so altered.

If the Defender (Springer) figure is ready in time, could a SG-esque 'Invader' version, perhaps in Astrotrain or Blitzwing's colour scheme, be an option instead?

Or do you have a better idea?

Fate/Trans Form - a Fate/Stay Night-TF crossover.

Transformers Redemption: Worlds Distant - Nebulos' role in the Redemption storyline.

Last edited by Nerroth; 04-28-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
Beechy
The Veteran.
Re: 2010 exclusive?

Really? right now us Staffers are catching up on sleep.....
Beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

I don't see us doing anything involving Shattered Glass, that's a storyline that belongs to another convention. And the Gentei Wildrider is a little too exclusive to make work IMO although I must admit I thought of the same thing when I saw that design.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:09 PM   #4
Pascal
Banned

A gun for Legends Wheelie will do.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #5
Code of Honor
Twitter: @Seikaku09
Send a message via Skype™ to Code of Honor

I have so many ideas running through my head, and I'm sure so do many of the other staff members.
Code of Honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:17 PM   #6
Beechy
The Veteran.

But they involve Dak mostly....
Beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:17 PM   #7
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Hmmmm. Well, FansProject is doing that Glacialbot combiner... for some reason, the very idea of ice-themed robots fits Canada.

Maybe a 'con exclusive of some of those figures?

Or a tongue-in-cheek redeco of Broadside as a Canadian army ship... the idea being that our vehicles were so antiquated the government decided to create a hybrid triplechanger to replace our planes/ships. Maybe do an Avro Arrow homage in plane mode with the colors, and joke that the project got cancelled after 500 (assuming that's the number produced) got manufactured, in the vein of the Arrow's history.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:20 PM   #8
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tekno View Post
Or a tongue-in-cheek redeco of Broadside as a Canadian army ship... the idea being that our vehicles were so antiquated the government decided to create a hybrid triplechanger to replace our planes/ships. Maybe do an Avro Arrow homage in plane mode with the colors, and joke that the project got cancelled after 500 (assuming that's the number produced) got manufactured, in the vein of the Arrow's history.
I like the back story on that one.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:19 PM   #9
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.

I thought that the background stuff from any licenced source all went back to Hasbro/TakaraTomy's central IP hub, and was not limited to any one sub-group to use or not...

(For example, the concept of universal stream designators was introduced via the TransTech fics, but that didn't stop TakaraTomy from using that system for Alternity - and thus implying that the TransTechs must therefore be aware of these other dimension-hopping beings, in order to have catalogued the Alternity's home reality so...)

And in any event, one could imagine a 'Despoiler' or 'Invader' being treated as circuitously, brand- or fiction-wise, as Powered Commander has been - and thus, one could in theory have enough room to manouvre regarding whether one considers the actual fig to be a SG-verse Cybertronian, some kind of evil clone in a non-inverted timeline, or something else entirely.

(An answer that could depend on which Reprolabel faction logos, if any, one decides to put on the figure, perhaps.)

Fate/Trans Form - a Fate/Stay Night-TF crossover.

Transformers Redemption: Worlds Distant - Nebulos' role in the Redemption storyline.

Last edited by Nerroth; 04-28-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:21 PM   #10
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

Maybe it could be <revenge of the fallen>Movie Jetfire armor for Masterpiece Prime</spoilers>.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote