Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 10-05-2009, 06:16 PM   #21
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions
Re: Armada Predacon to Beast Wars Transmetal Megatron - Retrofit - Work in Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
Hi Shepp,
1st off, my apologies for not noticing this thread before. I guess it was around the time leading up to my wedding reception so I mighta not bin checking this forum.

Your tutorial is amaze! I have BW TM Megatron and never knew about this problem. I will have to find him and test him out.

Maybe I should record the event in case of breakage.

Thanks for the great feedback. I was never really sure if I got the right amount of info across.

And I think this was buried way back on page like 23 or something, so its no wonder you didn't find it.

Anyways, if you've got a Takara BW Metals Megatron, it won't have this problem.

Heh. I still never got around to painting it, or fully securing the forearms. Or finally swapping out the last piece of dark brown plastic.

I still do want to bring some details over from Armada Predacon onto Megatron, namely the jet motor details underneath the fan flaps, and some details on the lower legs.

You don't realize how much paint detail is really missing from BW TM Megs until you have the parts side by side with Predacon. I'll probably swap colours for ones that are more appropriate on Megatron, though.

edit: as for recording it for breakage, I have a wonderful idea that would look awesome. If your Megatron is feeling the effects of the GPS, and you no longer really care for the figure, set up a high quality video camera on the figure, and explode a couple of firecrackers within his chest.

I've done this with a few hollowed out eggs and a crappy vhs camera back in highschool for a project. It looks absolutely awesome when you review the footage and go frame by frame, and capture one where it looks like there are rivers of fire flowing across the surface in lightning bolt shapes.

Since the brown plastic on Megatron is pretty brittle, I assume it should break apart similar to an eggshell. Personally, had my Megatron been intact enough to look whole, I probably would have done this since the figure was toast anyways.

But then again, having brown plastic shrapnel flying everywhere may not be a good idea. Plus, it doesn't quite feel right exploding any Transformer figure.

Last edited by Shepp; 10-05-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote