Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-30-2019, 07:49 PM   #231
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: haslab unicron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessKnight View Post
I am not so on board with giving a third party manufacturer money for a whole bot that's straight up intellectual property theft.
Ok, but isn't pretty much every 3P company IP theft, so if you bought any of those, what would be the problem with Unicron? It's not like they're making a direct copy of the Hasbro version, Zeta is doing their own sculpt.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 08-30-2019 at 08:44 PM.
ssjgoku22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:54 PM   #232
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessKnight View Post
I am interested in seeing what the third party manufacturers will bring in terms of aftermarket upgrade kits. Maybe a lighting kit or a sound board? I could totally get behind something like that.

I am not so on board with giving a third party manufacturer money for a whole bot that's straight up intellectual property theft.
That's fair, however, if they produce a good product for a reasonable cost I have zero loyalty to hasbro based on the simple fact they are hasbor...so what? Not goods enough. You want they business? Earn it...and they aren't doing that...3p, however, are. Flip sides of the same coin.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 07:27 PM   #233
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

5646 backers as of today...hope to see a nice ramp up this month...

https://hasbropulse.com/products/tra...ertron-unicron
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:53 PM   #234
Pgianos
Banned

Have all of you that said they needed more time backed this .. !? I need your money.
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:57 PM   #235
Pgianos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Ok, but isn't pretty much every 3P company IP theft, so if you bought any of those, what would be the problem with Unicron? It's not like they're making a direct copy of the Hasbro version, Zeta is doing their own sculpt.
This has been debated to death. In summary I own 3p but there is no argument that it is not intellectual theft. People can come up with silly entitlement arguments like "Hasbro don't give me what I want.." Just acknowledge like I do that you support stealing and wouldn't like it if it happened to us but we are doing it anyways and sleep ok.
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:29 PM   #236
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
This has been debated to death. In summary I own 3p but there is no argument that it is not intellectual theft. People can come up with silly entitlement arguments like "Hasbro don't give me what I want.." Just acknowledge like I do that you support stealing and wouldn't like it if it happened to us but we are doing it anyways and sleep ok.
I really couldn't care less about Hasbro's or Takara's IP's. They've been gouging our wallets lately in order to support their products, so if a 3rd party comes around the corner and makes a better product for cheaper, Hasbro can suck it. Time to speak with our wallets and forget loyalty.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 09-02-2019 at 10:58 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 10:39 PM   #237
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Quote:
I really couldn't care less about Hasbro's or Takara's IP's. They've been gouging our wallets lately in order to support their products, so if a 3rd party comes around their corner and makes a better product for cheaper, Hasbro can suck it. Time to speak with our wallets and forget loyalty.
I've never bought a 3P figure, but I'm coming around to agreeing with this view and ever-increasing prices are the main reason.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:57 PM   #238
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelyken View Post
I've never bought a 3P figure, but I'm coming around to agreeing with this view and ever-increasing prices are the main reason.
The only issue with buying 3P Transformers is knowing when to stop
Old 09-02-2019, 11:21 PM   #239
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
I really couldn't care less about Hasbro's or Takara's IP's. They've been gouging our wallets lately in order to support their products, so if a 3rd party comes around the corner and makes a better product for cheaper, Hasbro can suck it. Time to speak with our wallets and forget loyalty.
But... 99% of all non-HasTak Transformers cost MORE than official Transformers, meaning you spend way more money on non-official products in the long run. That doesn't make much sense financially. Unless you're ONLY buying straight or slightly modded KOs?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:34 PM   #240
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
But... 99% of all non-HasTak Transformers cost MORE than official Transformers, meaning you spend way more money on non-official products in the long run. That doesn't make much sense financially. Unless you're ONLY buying straight or slightly modded KOs?
Well, there are a lot more 3P figures that have been made that Takara will never make or will take years to get to. And if Takara decides to make one of those said figures, with their recent price increases, it will be most likely overpriced. Fantoys made Jetfire and charged between $300-$400 for the figure. If Takara made an MP Jetfire in that same scale, it would probably no less than $600 (if they're following the MP-44 pricing trend). You also get what you pay for with 3P figures in terms of paint, sculpt, materials, and engineering. A lot of the "non-official" Transformers hold their value, so there's that too.