Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 08-23-2016, 04:40 PM   #11
Undrave
Canadian Slag
Re: Unite Warriors Computron In-Hand & Comparisons with Hasbro?s Computron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post

Well, repainting Brawl is much cheaper than retooling...
I mean they shouldn't have made Brawl AT ALL in the first place! Instead of giving us that lackluster flimsy Brawl, just retool Rook into a tank!
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:25 PM   #12
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
I mean they shouldn't have made Brawl AT ALL in the first place! Instead of giving us that lackluster flimsy Brawl, just retool Rook into a tank!
To be honest, I did like the Brawl mold for its aesthetics and being an actual tank, but as a functional limb, not so much.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:56 PM   #13
Larkhainan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
I never understood why so many people are saying Takara "wins" where Computron is concerned.
There's a sub-section of the fandom that needs to loudly declare themselves on the winning side.

It's like how people gotta yell about their team winning, except with a different kind of consumer product.

Personally I'm buying neither and since Lio Kaiser is a EE exclusive probably not buying that either!
Larkhainan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:09 PM   #14
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhainan View Post
There's a sub-section of the fandom that needs to loudly declare themselves on the winning side.

It's like how people gotta yell about their team winning, except with a different kind of consumer product.

Personally I'm buying neither and since Lio Kaiser is a EE exclusive probably not buying that either!
Admittedly, I find that behavior to be rather odd and to a certain extent, elitist, given the behind-the-scene collaboration both companies do and how mutually beneficial said collaboration is to both of them. I think behind-the-scenes, both companies secretly profit from each others' sales, given that the profit goes towards both design teams working together to make more figures.

Where Computron is concerned, I suppose we could go into conspiracy theories on how Takara and Hasbro secretly decided to split up the "best parts" of Computron between both sets (Takara gets Scattershot, Nosecone, the weapons, etc. while Hasbro gets Afterburner, Strafe, the combiner hands and feet, Scrounge, etc.) to make people buy both, but that's a whole other discussion. Would greatly amuse me if this turned out to be the case (and if it did, then both companies played us hook, line, and sinker).

As a sidenote, another thing I like about Computron is that the combiner leader can assume his traditional G1 third mode, in this case, Scattershot's cannon. This is probably the best fanmode representation of the cannon to me. https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1489/2...4fe665d2_b.jpg I've seen a number of other people try to fanmode the cannon, but they seemed to fall short to me. If you don't like Hasbro Scattershot's gun being a reuse of Silverbolt's gun, at least it probably lends itself better to the fanmode in the picture I linked than the Takara Computron combined gun does.

Last edited by WereDragon EX; 08-23-2016 at 09:19 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:28 PM   #15
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhainan View Post

Just buy whichever set you like (Or both).

It all comes down to personal preference. If you want to spend a little extra, by all means. We all buy a more expensive option in one capacity or another (Cars, appliances, concert tickets, etc.).

I'm sure look at CW Computron by itself, it looks great. Just comparing it side-by-side with the UW version, it does not look as good anymore. Glossy paint, Computron head, fewer painting details.

For me, I just like the Takara version overall, including the individual guns, nice packaging and boxart over the CW set. I don't know who the character Scounge is.

Just buy whichever set you like, folks.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 10:57 PM   #16
innermanchild
Robot in Disguise

Got mine last night, ordered Friday, got it Monday, props to TRU shipping

He might not be the most G1 accurate, but I really like him, probably my favorite combiner of the CW line.

innermanchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 12:09 AM   #17
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Seeing these in-hand comparison shots, as much as I like Hasbro's hands and feet for their size and design, they sadly don't color match very well on the Hasbro set. Hasbro is much red where as Takara's is more brown. Having opened the PE PC-12 set, I'm glad I decided to buy these as it looks like they'll be much better color match with the Takara set.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 12:45 AM   #18
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
Where Computron is concerned, I suppose we could go into conspiracy theories on how Takara and Hasbro secretly decided to split up the "best parts" of Computron between both sets (Takara gets Scattershot, Nosecone, the weapons, etc. while Hasbro gets Afterburner, Strafe, the combiner hands and feet, Scrounge, etc.) to make people buy both, but that's a whole other discussion. Would greatly amuse me if this turned out to be the case (and if it did, then both companies played us hook, line, and sinker).
I mean, that's still a huge matter of taste. I think Takara Strafe and Afterburner both look 100% better than Hasbro's. Strafe from Air Raid is a very good choice, mind, but the overall toy looks better. I like the Wheeljack mold better for Afterburner. And decos? Takara kills it. I appreciate that some fans really hate the Breakdown mold, though, but the color scheme ruins Afterbreaker for me. The sharper white on Takara Strafe is much more appealing as well then the beigy color for StrafeRaid.

And new heads all around for Takara.

Plus I get a mold I don't have, as I didn't do UW Bruticus.

I really don't know what the hell Hasbro was thinking with the bright clashing red on Scattorshot, mainly.

Scrounge is the biggest selling point for me, but I can live without him. ^^

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 11:16 PM   #19
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
I mean, that's still a huge matter of taste. I think Takara Strafe and Afterburner both look 100% better than Hasbro's. Strafe from Air Raid is a very good choice, mind, but the overall toy looks better. I like the Wheeljack mold better for Afterburner. And decos? Takara kills it. I appreciate that some fans really hate the Breakdown mold, though, but the color scheme ruins Afterbreaker for me. The sharper white on Takara Strafe is much more appealing as well then the beigy color for StrafeRaid.

And new heads all around for Takara.

Plus I get a mold I don't have, as I didn't do UW Bruticus.

I really don't know what the hell Hasbro was thinking with the bright clashing red on Scattorshot, mainly.

Scrounge is the biggest selling point for me, but I can live without him. ^^
To be honest, I preferred Hasbro's Strafe and Afterburner over Takara's and since I'm double dipping, I have those two as part of my "ideal Computron", while giving them their Takara counterparts' weapons. Deco-wise, I quite appreciate Hasbro's attempts at G1 toy accuracy, so I wouldn't say Takara "kills it". Takara's version has too much reddish color for my taste. The only thing I'm really salty about is Hasbro Strafe lacking his own hand weapon, but I've created some sort of headcanon where Strafe has a symbiotic connection to Scrounge and Cybaxx and wields the latter as a hand weapon while carrying the former on his back and being able to launch him at enemies as a flying saucer disc of death, lol.

Last edited by WereDragon EX; 08-25-2016 at 11:18 PM.