Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 08-23-2016, 09:30 AM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Unite Warriors Computron In-Hand & Comparisons with Hasbro?s Computron

Care of Blacklai’s Toy Base, we’ve got some in-hand images of the Unite Warriors Computron. Takara-Tomy’s giftset edition of Computron is very different from the Hasbro version, with a remolded torso for Scattershot, a different deco and weapons on Afterburner, and three different molds for Lightspeed, Strafe, and Nosecone. These images show all five and the combined form, along with comparisons with all of the Hasbro versions of the characters. Check out our editors selection of the images attached to this post.

The post Unite Warriors Computron In-Hand & Comparisons with Hasbro’s Computron appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 08-23-2016, 11:28 AM   #2
Undrave
Canadian Slag
Re: Unite Warriors Computron In-Hand & Comparisons with Hasbro?s Computron

Ya know if I was a fan of computron I'd have to get both to do some mix and matching... and to get those hands and feet from the Hasbro set.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 11:48 AM   #3
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Yeah Takara all the way in this for me
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 12:45 PM   #4
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

I never understood why so many people are saying Takara "wins" where Computron is concerned. I don't think it was ever a competition in the first place, since doubtless both companies were collaborating the whole time. If they managed to get so many people to double dip on Computron, as is the case compared to the previous boxsets, then it seems that both companies technically "won".
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 12:52 PM   #5
Undrave
Canadian Slag

What this set shows, IMO, is that the Brawl mold was completely pointless, as the Rook mold was turn into a serviceable tank here with no problem!
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 12:54 PM   #6
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
I never understood why so many people are saying Takara "wins" where Computron is concerned. I don't think it was ever a competition in the first place, since doubtless both companies were collaborating the whole time. If they managed to get so many people to double dip on Computron, as is the case compared to the previous boxsets, then it seems that both companies technically "won".
I doubt Hasbro's bean counters are too concerned about the small percentage of hard core G1 fans who are willing to pay higher price to import the Takara versions. Hasbro's business model is bascially "If shit sells, sell more shit".
Old 08-23-2016, 12:54 PM   #7
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
Ha, fair point. Or even just people buying one of either. I'm happy to get Takara's but hastak get the sale either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
What this set shows, IMO, is that the Brawl mold was completely pointless, as the Rook mold was turn into a serviceable tank here with no problem!
Well, repainting Brawl is much cheaper than retooling...

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:19 PM   #8
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

This, and Liokaiser, are the ones I'll probably skip. I don't have a very strong connection to these characters and the lacklustre remolding/repainting they're doing for the sake of having a Computron just isn't doing it for me.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:28 PM   #9
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

If you preordered early enough from an overseas merchant, you end up only paying a little bit more than the Combiner Wars version, even with the exchange rate and TRU sales.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:33 PM   #10
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Ha, fair point. Or even just people buying one of either. I'm happy to get Takara's but hastak get the sale either way.
Well, I originally wasn't going to get the Hasbro Computron, but after seeing the mold differences, Scrounge (whom I've always liked as a character), and the hands and feet, I thought "Screw it, I'm double-dipping. Well played, Hasbro." If nothing else, Computron was my favorite G1 combiner growing up, so by double dipping, at least I get the joy of opening his box twice, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
I doubt Hasbro's bean counters are too concerned about the small percentage of hard core G1 fans who are willing to pay higher price to import the Takara versions. Hasbro's business model is bascially "If shit sells, sell more shit".
In this case, I don't know if I'll write off the entirety of Hasbro's Computron as being garbage, but I will say more could have been done on that front anyway. If anything, Hasbro probably "wins" by virtue of the fact that they have a much wider regional reach than Takara.

Last edited by WereDragon EX; 08-23-2016 at 01:35 PM.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote