Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #101
RodimusMatrix
Beasty
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Sighted at Canadian Retail!

I got mine today and all i can say is wow !! what a great looking figure!! looks great with my masterpiece collection. Thanks StarwarsTF you rock !
________
Cheap easy vape vaporizer

Last edited by RodimusMatrix; 03-09-2011 at 10:38 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:38 PM   #102
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime

Almost a week after it's first in-store Canadian purchase and it's still not available online Anybody know where the actual TRU Canada shipping warehouse is ? I assumed these would have been available for purchase online by today for those of us who don't have a TRU store. I just hope they catch on like some TRU stores and limit the # of purchases online so scalpers don't gobble them all up

Last edited by CETERUS PRIME; 08-10-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #103
ChrisW
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CETERUS PRIME View Post
Almost a week after it's first in-store Canadian purchase and it's still not available online Anybody know where the actual TRU Canada shipping warehouse is ? I assumed these would have been available for purchase online by today for those of us who don't have a TRU store. I just hope they catch on like some TRU stores and limit the # of purchases online so scalpers don't gobble them all up
Usually it takes 2 - 3 weeks for stuff to show up online, and that's relative to when it shows up in BC (which is usually a week after the first Canadian sighting). That, of course, assumes it does show up online; Animated Arcee was only available in stores.

As for the warehouses, I think they're all in Ontario. That's why the East gets stuff before the West.

There are lots more Grimlocks coming eventually. The first batch was small; from what I've heard, the second batch will be significantly larger.

Actively Hunting: Legacy Nemesis (on sale)

Just Got: Legacy United Tasmainia Kid
Old 08-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #104
Autobot_Orion
Beasty

Edmonton North Tru got 8 in this morning. Some guy got 4 before me.

Last edited by Autobot_Orion; 08-10-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #105
zeds
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
The problem is they release it during the TF 25% off sales @ TRU Everyone and their dogs want to get one @ $53 + tax. first hand
This is the unfortunate truth of the matter.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:15 PM   #106
QUICKSTRIKE
Generation 1

MORE STOCK AT TRU!!!!! COMING IN!!!!

Settle down everyone don't worry one bit if you haven't got your hands on one. Toys R Us Canada originally only bought 800 pieces, though as of yesterday they bought another 2200pieces, they should be on the shelf in two weeks. For the time being, the remaining 206 at head office are being sent out to the stores, most stores will have 6 or so until those 2200 make their way! Cheers everyone!!!
Old 08-12-2010, 11:34 PM   #107
ironhide_warmachine
Generation 2
ironhide_warmachine's Ebay Auctions

hello transformers collectors, i am fairly new to this site. i checked my local toysrus store and they said that a single person bought all four of the grimlock that they had received. this toy is really in demand and i am glad toys r us canada has more coming in for all collectors. patience is a virtue.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:43 AM   #108
WhiteRabbit
Wrecker

I got mine on Preview Night at SDCC last month. I think I like the fact that I avoided this hell more than I like the figure itself! (j/k)

Glad to hear there's more coming in for those who got screwed out of one though. He really is awesome.

Hopefully that translates to a decent shipment of the remaining TFA exclusives as well...
Old 08-14-2010, 08:56 AM   #109
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Aside from the fact that this was on sale for the last few days, I can see a couple of problem with supply chain mgmt issue with TRU: for one their inventory system is not real time. Yes, it is difficult & expensive to have a good inventory system but how hard could it be when one is scanned at checkout the remaining stock should be deducted by 1? A lot of the angst could be avoid if people know their locations are actually OOS and wouldn't bother to drive around.

There is also some inconsistency in whether they will hold items for customers or not. I'm gladded they did for me but then I have also got a few "no" answers from service rep's/managers, esp. for items on sales. So which is which?

As for the quantities that TRU Canada has ordered I can't blame them - they have been burnt a few times with their TF exclusives and collector's items. Added to the fact that we are still coming out of a recession their head office probably was on the conservative side. It is, after all, a $69.99 item. Not cheap.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
Old 08-14-2010, 06:58 PM   #110
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSTRIKE View Post
MORE STOCK AT TRU!!!!! COMING IN!!!!

Settle down everyone don't worry one bit if you haven't got your hands on one. Toys R Us Canada originally only bought 800 pieces, though as of yesterday they bought another 2200pieces, they should be on the shelf in two weeks. For the time being, the remaining 206 at head office are being sent out to the stores, most stores will have 6 or so until those 2200 make their way! Cheers everyone!!!
i laugh at all those silly scalpers when the 2200 arrive! ahahahahhaha
Closed Thread

Tags
exclusive, masterpiece grimlock, toys r us