Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 03:02 PM   #21
pud333
Animated
Re: A3U vs Henkei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incepticon View Post
Wrong. I was charged for everything once the order was finalized - and that's always been the case. As far as I know, BBTS are the only ones that let you pre-order without paying until the items are actually in stock. Needless to say, I'm sure a few of us would have otherwise cancelled our orders long ago if we didn't already pay for them. It's not a matter of us just sitting here for 5-6 months because we can't or don't want to order from elsewhere.

That's not really the point. If I wanted to order from someone else or wanted to spend an entire afternoon driving around & blowing money on gas, I wouldn't have placed the order in the first place. Add to that, I made this order months before I even moved to Vancouver, so the fact that I happened to move here and now live in the same city shouldn't bear any relevance.

I don't mean that to sound rude, but it's just not as easy to resolve as you're suggesting. And even if it was, we as the customers shouldn't have to go through the motions to make it happen - not after everything else we've already been tolerating: pre-paid items not showing up, no updates about stock or shipping status, no replies to emails... nothing but dead silence and a lot of jumping through hoops to ever get a vague response. It's nothing against Spencer as a person, but as a business with nil customer service, I'm not sure how much more diplomatic & patient we're supposed to be. Plus they just opened a second physical store location, so it's not like this is a one-man basement operation that should be afforded endless allowances. Them being busy with the new store, going to conventions on the other side of Canada or whatever else really shouldn't be our problem or come at the expense of any customer, no matter how you cut it.

Maybe if more people spoke up, it would help improve things. But from what I can tell thus far, we're almost not supposed to say anything because Spencer is a local buddy, a forum sponser, etc. Even so, it shouldn't bypass what the customers expect from the very business they've chosen to support.
Geeze... it was only a suggestion. I know you're pissed, but no need to bite my head off.

At any rate, I really do feel for all those still waiting for their orders. Going this long without any real answers is not professional at all, regardless of what kind of business it is. Spencer usually browses these forums, so hopefully there will be an official response at some point.

Last edited by pud333; 07-14-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:59 PM   #22
Incepticon
Double Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
Geeze... it was only a suggestion. I know you're pissed, but no need to bite my head off.
I didn't bite your head off. Far from it. My response was more in general than specifically directed at you, so I apologize if it appeared snappy.

I said what I did mainly for the sake of saving anyone else from making more "just do this" kind of suggestions without understanding the full scope of the situation. That's all.

BTW, thanks to everyone for their input & feedback both here and though PM's. It's appreciated.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:16 PM   #23
Banshee
Energon

I have BT Bluestreak, Meister and Arcee, as well as the Classic UM trailer on preorder with Spencer. He's got great prices, and out of 4 or 5 transactions I've had one delay, and it was for MP Skywarp. It took awhile, but I did receive it. The only thing is that Spencer is sometimes vague in his emails when it comes to dates.

While it pains me to see the new BTs as In Stock at BBTS, I'm not in a rush to get them, and I save quite a bit (49.49$ CAN instead of 59.99$ US per BT, flat rate shipping, no custom taxes+inspection fees)

If I ever end up not getting my items from A3U I'll shop somewhere else, but as it is now, I know what I'm getting into when I order from them.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:19 PM   #24
Pascal
Banned

I think A3U should forget about offering pre-orders, especially for Japanese stuff. Put the stuff on the website only when it's in stock. This way, no more disapointed customers and they would still get business from customers who were undecided/unaware/flat broke/not in a hurry at the time of release.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:11 PM   #25
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incepticon View Post
I didn't bite your head off. Far from it. My response was more in general than specifically directed at you, so I apologize if it appeared snappy.

I said what I did mainly for the sake of saving anyone else from making more "just do this" kind of suggestions without understanding the full scope of the situation. That's all.
No worries. Tone is hard to capture from text sometimes. Apologies if my suggestion came across as "just do this." Not what I intended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I think A3U should forget about offering pre-orders, especially for Japanese stuff. Put the stuff on the website only when it's in stock. This way, no more disapointed customers and they would still get business from customers who were undecided/unaware/flat broke/not in a hurry at the time of release.
Good call.

Old 07-14-2008, 05:51 PM   #26
niteowl
Machine War

from the other side of the fence.
this is a long one
web retail today:
in the state of collectibles today,
especially internet retail.
it is impossible to be an internet retailer,
without taking pre-orders on products.
you are competeing against
and in entire globe of competitors.
as a web retailer you have to market products comin out,
and that is a lot of hard work.
if you decide not to take preorders,
for the seven monthsfrom announcement to release,
you will only to lose sales to people that are taking pre-orders.
so basically you end up working for everyone else.
so with pre-orders you can both guage demand,
and collect money
or gaurantee sales prior to release.

getting stuff on time:
being in canada there are a number of issues with getting stuff on time,
and at a reasonaible cost.
the biggest obstacle being the cost of shipping,
and canada customs.
the cost of shipping into canada is more than shipping to the united states,
simply becasue there are less options.
and the further away you are from a major port,
the cost increase,
and the options get smaller.
a lot of dealers have resorted to cross border pick up,
this is both a lot of hard work,
and getting more expensive.
then there is canada customs.
mainy people have dealt with canada customs
with orders from 50 to 1000 dollars,
now imaging the headache when you have over 10000 worth of merchandise,
sitting in a ups warehouse,
either in canada,
or on the other side of the border.

reducing cost
and pricing:
with shipping the formula is simple,
the quicker you get it,
the more expensive it is.
this part is not as easy to understand,
to get the lowest prices you have to do more
of the paperwork
and handle more of the logistics personally.
so in the end you retailer does more work,
to make less money.

trick:
here is a trick i am not saying which retailers do this
or if they even do it.
you can draw your own conclusions.
1. pre-order a transformer item at a low price
and with a stated release date the same as japan.
2. collect more pre-orders than your competition becasue you have a lower price,
and an early release date.
3. when the product is released in japan tell people you are sold out.
4. ship the items to yourself by sea rather than air.
5. make your customers wait 2 to 3 months.
6. keep their money.
again i am not saying that anyone does this.
i am not accusing anyone,
i myslef have not,
if i ship by sea to save money,
i try to inform people before hand

henkeis:
as to the above.
i do not think anyone is doing this with henkeis.
the henkeis were unfair to all dealers.
when they were announced in japan they were marketed
as the same as the north american product.
so people either order very little,
or none at all.
then a few months later,
the upgrades were announced.
leaving everyone scrambling.
they sold out fast on release,
and restocks have been promised
but are snatched up just as quick.

in the end,
guys like spencer, sheraz and automoton should be thanked.
it is an uphill climb for all collectible dealers.

instead of considering them retailers,
consider them more of a service,
expecially when it comes to transformers,
they make these items available in canada,
making it easier for you to get them.

Last edited by niteowl; 07-14-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:48 PM   #27
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteowl View Post
guys like spencer, sheraz and automoton should be thanked.
it is an uphill climb for all collectible dealers.

instead of considering them retailers,
consider them more of a service,
expecially when it comes to transformers,
they make these items available in canada,
making it easier for you to get them.
I don't know. The bottom part of your paragraph isnt right. I think people should thank Sheraz and Automoton Toys. Don't know about A3U if there is this big issue.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:57 PM   #28
Vader
Generation 2

I am also waiting for my Henkei orders. This is my first and last order with A3U.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:11 PM   #29
Count Vlad Von Carst
Count Vlad Von Carst's Ebay Auctions

lol i know what you guys mean.....i got banned from that store when ted still worked there after we found out they where not submitting the dci results for star wars miniatures......when ever there friends didn't win.....but at any rate i know what you guys mean my buddy go's in there every other day trying to get the mini grimlock for both me and himself......No dice so far. But fyi check e-bay for these things guys there about 90% cheaper then a3u....
Old 07-14-2008, 09:17 PM   #30
Icetron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Vlad Von Carst View Post
lol i know what you guys mean.....i got banned from that store when ted still worked there after we found out they where not submitting the dci results for star wars miniatures......when ever there friends didn't win.....but at any rate i know what you guys mean my buddy go's in there every other day trying to get the mini grimlock for both me and himself......No dice so far. But fyi check e-bay for these things guys there about 90% cheaper then a3u....
If you mean WST Grimlock I think one of their stores has it in stock still, can't remember though. Careful with eBay, I heard there are KO's for Grimlock and Slag. I think the Grimlock I got is a KO and I got it from eBay.