Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-14-2016, 03:11 PM   #11
Oberon Prime
Beasty
Re: Maketoys Hellfire scale questions/concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
This the same question I had. Inferno should tower over Prime, unless it is some tiny fire truck designed for Japan's narrow streets. I would rather scale to alt mode than robot mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfmullen View Post
I would absolutely disagree with you.
Mass shifting can be used to explain changes in mass between modes for more than just the obvious Megatron, Soundwave, and Astrotrain.

But I always preferred the idea that the height of the bots is largely in line with the mass available in the vehicle mode.

If we could throw out the expectations set by the original G1 animation then this would simplify much. But I have to admit I prefer for an MP or MP scale toy to scale good in Bot mode first. However I can accept some inaccuracy for Alt mode. I mean I know that MP Tracks and Bumblebee are not nearly long enough to properly scale with the Datsuns and Lambos in car mode. But put all the cars together and it still looks good enough.

I just simply had no idea how big Infernos truck mode should be now that a clearer view has been presented it seems that perhaps Maketoys Hellfire scales better to Prime in both modes than some of the cars.
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 03:43 PM   #12
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician
Re: Maketoys Hellfire scale questions/concerns.

This is why I think Diaclone had the right leader. Why did they have to mess it all up and take his armor away.

Yes the Mitsubishi Fuso Firetruck is about the size of a cube van. well what I can tell from picture and available internet specs. Prime COE design is not that small when compared to a cube van there is still a good foot maybe 2 in height and there is a good difference in the width of both vehicles, as for length well I am sure that is where the Firetruck would have and advantage over the COE but I wouldn't see it be by much.
If Inferno was based on our style of Ladder Truck then I would totally agree that Inferno would tower over Prime. Inferno would be almost the size of UM as those thing can get to be pretty big.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote