Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-21-2019, 10:31 AM   #181
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: haslab unicron

I think it would benefit HasbroLabs to get all the numbers of how many backers they currently are really at. I mean, they could have 5000 backers at this point, they could have 7000, they could have 3000 but from my point of view seeing that Unicron looks no where near close to making the mark, it may be pushing a lot of potential backers off the project. Why bother trying if you really dont think they will make it?!
Even Cookie Monster with 4 days left and just over 500 backers of 3000. For all we know the numbers could really be 2900. They should try to get real live numbers to show people "Hey, almost there". Or maybe they simply just arent even close and that is why they arent. I dunno. Mattycollector tried this with the Ecto-1 that failed to meet the goal
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:41 PM   #182
Marcotron
Robot Master

Full transformation video just got uploaded to that Haslab page.
It is as expected, a massive massive panel former. I wasn't going to buy it anyways, but still kinda disappointing to see it. The sides, both north and south hemispheres both fold onto the back of the legs, and the center strip folds over to become the backpack.
They should ship it with a second set of rings, so you can remove the planet mode entirely and have Unicron standing next to planet mode.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:43 PM   #183
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post
$500cad SOC Voltron or this?
I'd get the SoC Voltron instead. You can get it for half the price of Unicron and its fit and finish are second to none. Plus if you decide to sell it later on, the mark up on this set is nuts (its selling for at least $800 on Ebay). You'd better decide fast, there's a small production run only available on some Japanese e-tailer sites and some of them have already sold out or have increased their price. Nippon Yasan originally had it for 34,000¥ before July and now it has increased to 54,000¥.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 08-21-2019 at 01:34 PM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 04:48 PM   #184
ngnaw
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
I'd get the SoC Voltron instead. You can get it for half the price of Unicron and its fit and finish are second to none. Plus if you decide to sell it later on, the mark up on this set is nuts (its selling for at least $800 on Ebay). You'd better decide fast, there's a small production run only available on some Japanese e-tailer sites and some of them have already sold out or have increased their price. Nippon Yasan originally had it for 34,000¥ before July and now it has increased to 54,000¥.
I didn't elaborate my point sorry lol I have the SOC Voltron and paid after taxes and duties and shipping about 485$ cad 2 years ago. I thought that was a crazy amount for a toy but I knew if I didn't I would regret it.... Glad I did get it. Now $1000 for Unicron doesn't do it for me... I don't have the same feeling about it. Anyone else feel the same way?
Old 08-21-2019, 06:20 PM   #185
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post
I didn't elaborate my point sorry lol I have the SOC Voltron and paid after taxes and duties and shipping about 485$ cad 2 years ago. I thought that was a crazy amount for a toy but I knew if I didn't I would regret it.... Glad I did get it. Now $1000 for Unicron doesn't do it for me... I don't have the same feeling about it. Anyone else feel the same way?
Lol, yeah. I know toys aren't a good investment, but the SoC stuff really won't decrease in value. The only caveat is if you don't get it initially, be prepared to pay a hefty premium.

For Unicron, the fact that it's all plastic and a shell-former doesn't really justify the price. It doesn't look to have much paint either. At least with a lot of expensive 3rd party figures, you're getting paint, die-cast, high quality plastic and the like. I still like how the Unicron looks, it's just the price that kills it for me.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:28 AM   #186
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

If I had $1000 to blow on 1 piece of plastic I'd be saving up a bit more (OK, a fair bit) and getting a photography drone. lol

I would love to see an official MP Jetfire, but good lord can you imagine what he would cost. But he was one of my favorite figures so in a way I both hope they make him, and also hope they don't. lol
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:50 AM   #187
andersox
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
Full transformation video just got uploaded to that Haslab page.
It is as expected, a massive massive panel former. I wasn't going to buy it anyways, but still kinda disappointing to see it. The sides, both north and south hemispheres both fold onto the back of the legs, and the center strip folds over to become the backpack.
They should ship it with a second set of rings, so you can remove the planet mode entirely and have Unicron standing next to planet mode.
I have severe buyers remorse after watching that video.
Man that's a lot of backpack/(legpacks?)!

The instructions are going to be a small novel looking at all the issues the designer had...
andersox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 12:12 PM   #188
justprime
Animated

Seems to be the trend now from hasbro tomy.................... backpackitis.. the reg toyline to some extent moving on to mp line and now this monster really hope third party do a better rendition nothings perfect but this is a 500 dollar canadian toy at best not a grand and certainly not sitting on my funds for a min of a year and then some by a billion dollar company... for that they should come personally engraved with buyers name... lol
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 11:49 PM   #189
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

This thread almost fell of the 1st page of the 'Transformers General Discussion' section! Let's keep it alive at least until the final results are in.

As of right now, 3,097 purchases, almost halfway to 8,000. Maybe would have helped had Hasbro spent the dollars on shipping to show it off at FanExpo.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 11:56 PM   #190
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
This thread almost fell of the 1st page of the 'Transformers General Discussion' section! Let's keep it alive at least until the final results are in.

As of right now, 3,097 purchases, almost halfway to 8,000. Maybe would have helped had Hasbro spent the dollars on shipping to show it off at FanExpo.
It also would have helped if they started the backing in late 2018.