Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-13-2019, 09:32 PM   #151
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: haslab unicron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
How much did you spend on that partsforming Zeta Superion?
$430, but that was 5 masterpiece figures that combine in a massive combiner. I should have been more specific. 3rd party prices are pretty decent, but if Hasbro and Takara decide to go any higher with CHUG and Masterpiece, I'm done with them.

$330 for BW Megatron and ~$440 for MP-44 was crazy already, so $1000 for Unicron is beyond me. If you can afford it, by all means.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 08-13-2019 at 09:34 PM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 09:49 PM   #152
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
if Hasbro and Takara decide to go any higher with CHUG and Masterpiece, I'm done with them
Unless a sale or coupons are involved. So not really out.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:16 PM   #153
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

I just read that TT said if world wide they don't meet 8K, TTMall will cancel their POs as well.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:17 PM   #154
JohnathanKong
Generation 2

The funny part about takara is the pricing of MP-44 and the new MP bumblebee. That optimus prime is sitting at 450 and that's a mass production unit. I agree with you guys about the rising prices and seeing unicron, MP-44 and the seacons makes me kind of sad because, as expensive as unicron is, it looks to be priced similar against these new, pricier MP figures.
JohnathanKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:36 PM   #155
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Unless a sale or coupons are involved. So not really out.
But the sales would probably just bring the higher prices down to what prices are currently, so are you really saving money?
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 11:30 PM   #156
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanKong View Post
The funny part about takara is the pricing of MP-44 and the new MP bumblebee. That optimus prime is sitting at 450 and that's a mass production unit. I agree with you guys about the rising prices and seeing unicron, MP-44 and the seacons makes me kind of sad because, as expensive as unicron is, it looks to be priced similar against these new, pricier MP figures.
Agreed there... seeing the seacons were coming caught my interest (even though I was never a big fan of this set), which the price tag killed completely.

Considering that they look like nothing more than remolds and the harder and cheaper plastic of the Titans Return figures instead of the better stuff from Siege.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:48 AM   #157
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
Agreed there... seeing the seacons were coming caught my interest (even though I was never a big fan of this set), which the price tag killed completely.

Considering that they look like nothing more than remolds and the harder and cheaper plastic of the Titans Return figures instead of the better stuff from Siege.
"Look like."

Yes, they are retools (heavy retools) of potp toys. It's... Not a secret?

But yes to the price tag killing it.

I hope unicron fails, mp nuprime barely loves, and the seacons end up on clearance. Only thing that is gonna bring these nerds back down to earth.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:02 AM   #158
joshimus
Metroplex

I placed my preorder for Unicron but honestly I highly doubt it will make the 8K. 17 days not breaking 2500 is...I was also reading their 3ft Cookie Monster is not tracking well either.
11 days with under 500 backers needing 3K, Figure set at 300USD.
I have a feeling both will fail and as much as I want that Unicron, I am kind of hoping it fails as well. They should just re-engineer it to fit the Titan class and keep the size. I get there are a lot of panels, but there really isn't much more than that in terms of transformation. I mean, it is somewhat basic looking based off the video.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:20 AM   #159
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
Considering that they look like nothing more than remolds
... but that we've know that from the very beginning...

Last edited by Pascal; 08-14-2019 at 09:23 AM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 01:43 PM   #160
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
"Look like."

Yes, they are retools (heavy retools) of potp toys. It's... Not a secret?
Maybe I should have stated "they could have been more than just basic retools" as I'm not sure why there's hangups about saying something so trivial.

My point was that as we're long after the Combiner Wars and even Titan returns, they could have gone in a different direction than a reharsh and while using the same connection ports, they could have taken these figures to a higher level with a "lessons learned" approach to them, but my "looks like" was meant as "they could have done better" especially with the plastic and a few things, but they look like they are made with the same hard plastic that articulation will end up loose very fast, with lots of emptiness, parts that could have been done with more articulations, etc.

Especially when they are ending up in the priced higher category, and you now need an extra figure for the full set (compared to all other regular combiners of 5, but I do understand that they were 6 figures in the original G1).

Anyways... *sigh*...
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote