Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-20-2008, 03:37 PM   #101
-KG-
Kranix
Re: The Dark Knight [WARNING SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan isn't a fan of the Penguin so it isn't likely we'll see him in a third. I really believe Catwoman in the next one is a given, since Bruce's love interest is now dead. She'll also be great story wise being a hero, villain, and a love interest for both Bruce and Batman. I'm also not convinced that Two-Face is dead.

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:02 PM   #102
Pascal
Banned

The visual effects for Two-Face were awesome, weren't they?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:49 PM   #103
Protoman
The Legend

Great movie, but by keeping Joker alive is almost heartbreaking...... cause he can never return.....
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:00 PM   #104
Pascal
Banned

And what if Ledger's not really dead? And awaiting a glorious and unexpected return for Batman 3?
Old 07-20-2008, 11:05 PM   #105
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KG- View Post
Christopher Nolan isn't a fan of the Penguin so it isn't likely we'll see him in a third. I really believe Catwoman in the next one is a given, since Bruce's love interest is now dead. She'll also be great story wise being a hero, villain, and a love interest for both Bruce and Batman. I'm also not convinced that Two-Face is dead.
I have heard others say this, I just don't see what else Two-Face really has to offer that they would bring him back or claim that he didn't die.

I don't want to see Catwoman on the big screen again for a long time and not because of the Halle Berry flick which I didn't see.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:10 PM   #106
Pascal
Banned

Who are the other villains in the Batman universe?
Old 07-20-2008, 11:16 PM   #107
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Who are the other villains in the Batman universe?
You want a list of the most infamous Batman villains?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_villains
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:27 PM   #108
Pascal
Banned

The interesting bits we find on Wiki...

Batman Triumphant was originally supposed to star George Clooney as Batman and Chris O'Donnell as Robin/Nightwing, both actors reprising their lead roles.[32] The villains were going to be the Scarecrow (played by either Jeff Goldblum, Steve Buscemi, Christopher Lloyd, or Nicolas Cage) and Harley Quinn, who would have been the daughter of the Joker. Also, Jack Nicholson was rumored to come back as the Joker in a dream sequence.[31]
Old 07-20-2008, 11:52 PM   #109
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I have been avoiding this thread until I got to see the movie. OH MY GOD! That was one of the greatest movies I have seen in a long while. I was a little worried going in with all the hype surrounding it, but it did not disappoint in the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code of Honor View Post
And Joker should never appear in a live action Batman film again, because he will never be so well portrayed as Heath Leger has done here.
I sadly have to agree with this. Ledger did such an incredible job in this role, that I cannot see anyone pulling it off. Without actually seeing it, it is really hard to describe... but Heath Ledger was the Joker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilallr1 View Post
Also, suprising amazingly that they didn't screw up Two-Face. He was equally as amazing in some respects to the Joker. Especially the way he looked and acted spot on.
Two face was a pleasant surprise (not that I didn't know he was in the film, but the great portrayal). I wasn't really sure how they were going to pull off the two villain thing (as this rarely seems to work well), but Nolan did a kick ass job again. I cannot wait for the bluray to see the development of the look for Two-Face. Very creepy. The rise and fall of Harvey Dent was perfect. Frustrate him enough to make him snap. They ended his legacy well and I really hope they do not bring him back. That would take away from Batman's sacrifice at the end. Why protect Dent's legacy if you are going to bring him back any way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilallr1 View Post
Speaking of 3, I would think Catwoman and Riddler are more likely to be the next 2 villians to emerge. With maybe some minor villians (Penguin) as pawns or something. With Rachel out of the picture it would make perfect sense to start a sort of love story with Catwomen. Riddler is the only major villian I would love seen done right. It also makes perfect sense to me that he will been in 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KG- View Post
IF Penguin shows up, he would be a supporting character at best. I just can't see him as a legitimate threat.

Riddler would be my first choice for the next film. Catwoman... maybe... as Bats/Bruce needs a new honey for #3.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:08 AM   #110
niteowl
Machine War

just came came back from
my third viewing of the movie.
fantastic movie,
that gets better each time.
i do not think it is complex,
as it is intricate.
and it is a very efficient movie,
every scene,
and every time a person speaks,
it is important to the development of the film.
everything that happens is also alluded to.
only thing that gets me is that
its very preachy,
and the actions of batman,
are always being explained,
so we never question him as a hero.
niteowl is offline   Reply With Quote