Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-06-2020, 12:43 PM   #1
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.
The things Hasbro/Takara do that you hate!

Being a collector has its difficulty at times. Sometimes it's the Company itself that creates these headaches.

What's one thing that Hasbro/Takara does that annoys you?

An annoyance for me is the distribution of figures that a store gets to put out for sale. Newest example would be the Netflix figures. They know that Mirage and especially Scrapface will be in high demand but they insist on sending out only one of each while sending out multiple Sideswipes or Hound to keep the shelves warm.
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 12:51 PM   #2
predahank
Storing is hoarding
Re: The things Hasbro/Takara do that you hate!

they use experimental plastics on mp hound and when the figure crumbles upon gazing on it, they start whistling while looking the other way and quietly sneak off into the night.

Last wave distribution. ramhorm, novastar, rumble/ratbat......
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 01:03 PM   #3
Lioconvoy81
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
Last wave distribution. ramhorm, novastar, rumble/ratbat......
That has everything to do with retailers and nothing to do with Hasbro.
Lioconvoy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 02:13 PM   #4
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy81 View Post
That has everything to do with retailers and nothing to do with Hasbro.
I beg to differ. Their distribution across all Hasbro lines has been atrocious as of late. Black Series, Marvel Legends, Transformers and Power Rangers have all seen terrible distribution at most retailers online or in-store. You can't blame the retailers when they aren't getting enough stock. Because we aren't in America, we usually get shafted.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 02:39 PM   #5
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Distribution, the massive increases in prices, the gaps in figure and the lack of weapons and accessories.

The lazy approach for the targetmasters with transformation being the robot bends over and moons you, weak articulation, and just recolours.

Then there's the remolds, the repaint, that don't bring much difference between the figures.
Old 06-06-2020, 02:47 PM   #6
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
Distribution, the massive increases in prices, the gaps in figure and the lack of weapons and accessories.

The lazy approach for the targetmasters with transformation being the robot bends over and moons you, weak articulation, and just recolours.

Then there's the remolds, the repaint, that don't bring much difference between the figures.
I was reasonably enthused with the Targetmasters at first. But they basically just did two and a half molds and called it a day, with little real paint. And off-model deco (ie Spinister's guys have the arm/torso colors reversed).

...... and even though they did double targetmasters and planned to do so, they can't combine in anyway. I tried a myriad for Spinister's and gave up.

Core characters like Skywarp only being available in exclusive box sets.

the insanely poor distribution. i'm sure the stores have some responsibility and I don't know the details, but come on. no way hasbro isn't also behind this.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 07:17 PM   #7
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

The way Hasbro is handling Power Rangers makes me want to throw angry honey badgers at them. Not only is the general distribution for the line terrible, but they keep making the case ratios a nightmare. 4 figures per wave, 8 figures per case should be an easy 2 of each figure, but nooooooooo. Gotta go heavy with the shelf warmers and make at least one figure per wave impossible to find. Like, thanks Hasbro, I really feel like shelling out $190 for your $30 Lord Drakkon figure. Pass. The distribution for the Star Wars Black Series figures is bad too, but their Ranger shenanigans take the cake.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 08:47 PM   #8
steamwhistle
Crossover

Too many lines, and too fast.

Is there a corresponding story (cartoon / comic) for all of these lines? Why are Seige figures the same as Earthrise?

It's all too much, too fast. Transformers is a hobby, not my life. I can't follow it all and don't understand the various versions/issues.

Yep. G1er here. Sure, I'm old. I'd take more interest in the new lines if they promoted new stories with them. Too lazy to look for them, I am, maybe. But the lines change and come out so fast. So, here I am, stuck in the G1 universe.

EDIT - PostScript:
Found episodes onLine on YouTube, I think.
8- 5-minute episodes for combiner wars...
I could only find 2 of 10 episodes for Titans Returns...
- (Episode 3 - someone has made in available in 11-second increments...)
10- 10-minute episodes of Power of the Primes...

Seige - to be released on Netflix soon? Why would they already move on the EarthRise toys, when Seige episodes have not been released?

All of these episodes are really short too.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle

Last edited by steamwhistle; 06-06-2020 at 09:32 PM.
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 08:55 PM   #9
Melomeca
Generation 2

Poor QA. Far too often I find spruce nubs not filed down, clear plastic for joints.

Also chrome paint. It looks good but always flakes off.
Melomeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 12:46 AM   #10
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
Too many lines, and too fast.

Is there a corresponding story (cartoon / comic) for all of these lines? Why are Seige figures the same as Earthrise?

It's all too much, too fast. Transformers is a hobby, not my life. I can't follow it all and don't understand the various versions/issues.

Yep. G1er here. Sure, I'm old. I'd take more interest in the new lines if they promoted new stories with them. Too lazy to look for them, I am, maybe. But the lines change and come out so fast. So, here I am, stuck in the G1 universe.
Totally agree with you here. They should have released the Netflix cartoon before jumping to Earthrise, it would be so much more sensible.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote