Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-21-2023, 01:43 PM   #6851
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Thanks. I needed to get Beachcomber and he is in stock on .com and with an itty-bitty discount so I'm happy to p/o them all since I'm pretty interested in all of these new Amazon exclusives.
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 01:44 PM   #6852
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
Thanks! Kind of on the fence about these, but better to have a preorder secured.
Javelin and Kaskade are puzzling releases. They're barely above background characters. There are quite a few comic created characters who still don't have toys that had bigger roles, like anode, lug, Velocity, etc. Or characters like Nautica who have only one hard to find toy. Can't see this twopack selling well at all.

Might be in for nova prime, it's a great mold and that's some deep cut shit there.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 02:01 PM   #6853
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Javelin and Kaskade are puzzling releases. They're barely above background characters. There are quite a few comic created characters who still don't have toys that had bigger roles, like anode, lug, Velocity, etc. Or characters like Nautica who have only one hard to find toy. Can't see this twopack selling well at all.

Might be in for nova prime, it's a great mold and that's some deep cut shit there.

Probably has to do with mold selection.

The two molds for Kaskade and Javelin are readily available and, seemingly, don't need too much remolding so easy-peasy to make and offer as an exclusive for a retailer. Some of your options wouldn't be easy to make using retooling so they are out.

I'm probably in for Nova Prime once it shows up on .CA, but I won't go out of my way for him.

Nacelle looks good in robot mode, but I got rid of all my tetra jets and am sticking with the earth modes so he will be a pass, unless he goes on sale.

Javelin/Kaskade is a pass.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 02:05 PM   #6854
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Quote:

Also not a fan of that Siege fembot mold, which itself was a remold of POTP. Really wish they'd come up with more original fembot molds instead of a million iterations every single time. I'm already sick of the new Elita/Minerva mold. Javelin at least is a mold I don't own yet.

I'm a bit underwhelmed by Nova Prime too for similar reasons. I own both Ultra Magnus versions and never got Galaxy Prime because it didn't look as good as the original toy.

But I get that these are deep cut characters and they're only gonna do so much for them. They won't design a whole new toy for obscure characters like these. I guess I'm just feeling a little fatigued about all the constant repeats of molds getting done to death. I haven't even mentioned the seekers!

But hey, they just revealed a new Stranger Things crossover remold which I'm stoked about. So Hasbro's got its hooks in me still...
Old 07-21-2023, 02:12 PM   #6855
Banshee
Energon

Canada preorders:

Nova: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0BDHHBXMZ?...cklook_imgToDp

Sniper girls:https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0BDJ5T6H4?...cklook_imgToDp

Nacelle: https://www.amazon.ca/Transformers-T...9963115&sr=8-2

Price seems a bit inflated for the two deluxe snipers, leader price point instead of two deluxes.
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 02:28 PM   #6856
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Yeah, slightly inflated. I have a gift card for .ca so I guess I'll hope that one shows up first.
Old 07-21-2023, 02:36 PM   #6857
Magnimus
Alternator

Quote:

True, but they from my perspective as someone not familiar with the IDW characters, they look cool, and they give me a chance to add more female transformers to the collection. Since I also skipped the Bumblebee Arcee mold, it's also a bonus to get it as a new character.
Old 07-21-2023, 03:29 PM   #6858
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Got the pre’s in for all three’s on both .com & .ca
We’ll see how the orders fall out

Kaskade/Javelin, Jav looks p cool, I never bought the BBArcee deluxe so this’ll be new mold for me, all win - I skipped Siege Chromia & Selects Nightbird, thought I do have all the POTP Orthia component bots, so I’ve got quite enough of that mold - that said, Kaskade’s got that cool eyepiece and looks like they did some minor retooling (ankle tilt feet etc) so I’m willing to overlook it to get that Javelin - plus I read all the IDW comics couple years ago, and I remember Jav in it (not so much the other one)

Nacelle, GOD they making us tetrajet AGAIN - at least he has nice colours
I’m not even a “collect em all” seekers guy, though I do have almost all the ER jet versions, so… maybe I am?

NOVA PRIME HELL YES, I loved GalaxyOP and this looks wicked too
I’m sure DNA will trick out his wings for those who don’t these ones, but they’re OK in a pinch - he’s got the dual leg guns, NICE, I been missing these since they started leaving em off (Kingdom Mags, GalaxyOP I think?), I’ll prob swap em for Siege’s though, looks like these ones are missing the silver-tipped barrels
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 03:45 PM   #6859
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Got the pre?s in for all three?s on both .com & .ca
We?ll see how the orders fall out
I still really hate how we have to do this nowadays, pre-ordering on both sites, ever since that Prowl/Ironhide, Ramjet/Dirge debacle.

SIGH
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 04:10 PM   #6860
delrue
Crossover

Depending on your provincial taxes, it's like a dollar cheaper to order from .com with the current exchange rate (after taxes and shipping.)

Edit: this is for the Sniper 2 pack specifically

Last edited by delrue; 07-21-2023 at 04:51 PM.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote