Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion > Cybertron.ca Podcast - Canadian Slag

Old 08-22-2009, 12:24 PM   #21
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 16 - One Shall Stand, Many Will Fall

Deathsaurus here, Dezarus in Japan so close enough :P

Problem is there's usually only one incarnation of many of these Japanese characters (unless you wanna count the crappy Universe King Atlas which was a repaint of the G2 European exclusive Skyquake) but rest assured we'll be covering quite a bit of the Japanese continuity in the future so all listeners will learn about some fiction and crazy characters they didn't know before.

As for Fearswoop, the only other known use of the name was for another G2 European exclusive (like Skyquake). With an F-22 alt mode it's a little surprising that Starscream's mold wasn't picked for the more recent Fearswoop. The original Fearswoop had some awesome stickers but the overall yellow colour would make for a terrible fighter jet. :P

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #22
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
and Fearswoop, love to hear more about fearswoop. :P
What about Skyjack? Everyone should know more about the awesome Skyjack!
Old 08-23-2009, 08:42 AM   #23
powerprime
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code of Honor View Post
Episode 16 - One Shall Stand, Many Will Fall

- Battle royale. Who is the most evil deception? Who is the best fighter? Who is the lamest character or toy?
Lamest toy for me is Movie Deluxe Scorponok. The Legends class has a better transformation.
powerprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:12 AM   #24
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerprime View Post
Lamest toy for me is Movie Deluxe Scorponok. The Legends class has a better transformation.

That is a really good point. To me, movie Scorponok only has one mode.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #25
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
What about Skyjack? Everyone should know more about the awesome Skyjack!
Another quicky, Skyjack started as a G2 Decepticon Cyberjet in 1995. With a simple "pushing" missile, he would transform into a F-117 with the front end black and the rear in flames (stealthy!). Here's his bio excerpt to get a better idea of the character:

"Rumored to be sympathetic to the Autobot cause - once photographed meeting with Optimus Prime. In reality, a master spy who can' t be trusted. He'll buy you a glass of high-octane turbo juice one minute, then steal secrets from you the next. Activates stealth armor to cloak body from Autobot radar. Practices shooting at cars with missile launcher alongside his mentor, Dreadwing."

That was pretty much the last we heard of Skyjack for a looong time. However the mold was used another couple of times. Again in G2 as an Autobot, Air Raid, with a colour scheme that looks like it was homaged recently in Energon Treadshot.

Fast forward 9 years (2004) to the original Universe line and this mold was released in NA packaged as again as Air Raid (and included fellow cyberjet Wind Sheer). Also during this year in Japan this mold was also reused in the Robotmasters line as Delta Seeker (Autobot) and also was packaged with a second cyberjet, a Decepticon, X-Gunner.

And that brings us to the latest Skyjack homage in Universe 2.0, the Walmart exclusive Skyfall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerprime View Post
Oh boy...how could I miss him? He was on a shelf next to me during recording as well :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
That is a really good point. To me, movie Scorponok only has one mode.
But at least the claws were a cool gimmick....the tail on the other hand only works half the time....

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:09 PM   #26
Protoman
The Legend

Movie Scorponok's BK "alt mode" was even better then his Deluxe toys "robot mode"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk3Rz3-3UNQ

Yeah yeah...... pretty weak, but 14.99 compared to free with a kids meal (2.99) or .98 cents........ not bad =P
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:14 PM   #27
powerprime
Generation 1

I bought the Blackout/Scorponok Toys-R-Us box set when it was on sale. So I got Blackout at regular price and a free Scorponok... Scorponok was still over priced.
powerprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:26 AM   #28
Sting Rose
Robot Heroes Addict

What, no evil shout-outs for BW Rampage? Killed an entire colony with his bare hands, and then went to a base and devoured a number of the 'bots there? Not to mention he was insane, cruel, and so sadistic he literally fed off and gained strength from negative emotions like terror and hatred, and pretty much lived and loved to make others suffer. Wasn't picky about whom, either.

Oh man, I hope he comes back in some form or other. XD

But yeah, awesome possum episode, as per always. I'm always amazed at how much you guys cover in an episode, it's always a joy and fun to listen to. Though 2 Bots, 1 Cube proooobably shouldn't be listened at 4:20 in the AM, it was really, really hard to contain the laughter. XD I'm also endlessly amused that the Protoman could ever mis-transform anything. The World is over. haha. XD

You all rock, seriously. And it's great to hear that you've got plenty of material to last you a good while. Looking forward to it!
Robot Heroes! Snarl and Sharkticon, Optimus and Barricade
Last buy: HFTD!Jetblade and Ironhide
Dream toys: 07 Black Japan exclusive, the Wonderfest exclusive, and the Battle Damaged versions of Arcee ones*sigh*
Sting Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:15 PM   #29
Ultra Maverick
The Bow Tie Guy

Great episode guys...

So I watched the final battle between Victory Sabre and Dezaurus, and holy beans, that was epic

Good call Protoman!
Ultra Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:27 PM   #30
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting Rose View Post
What, no evil shout-outs for BW Rampage? Killed an entire colony with his bare hands, and then went to a base and devoured a number of the 'bots there? Not to mention he was insane, cruel, and so sadistic he literally fed off and gained strength from negative emotions like terror and hatred, and pretty much lived and loved to make others suffer. Wasn't picky about whom, either.
You know I had him on a shelf next to me during recording but then I saw Megatron and quickly weighed in he was more evil but I will admit Rampage is a close second. He and Megatron were evil in every way except Rampage came short in one aspect.

He wasn't an evil genius, and to be truly evil you have to have the mentality to manipulate, to plan, to execute; Everything BW Megatron exemplifies.

Hence my quick decision :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting Rose View Post
Though 2 Bots, 1 Cube proooobably shouldn't be listened at 4:20 in the AM
2 Bots 1 Cube proooobably shouldn't be listened to ever :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Maverick View Post
Great episode guys...

So I watched the final battle between Victory Sabre and Dezaurus, and holy beans, that was epic

Good call Protoman!
Well if we need an "official" answer we know where to go :P But if anyone else has some battle royale questions throw'em out there and we'll cover them.

Tags
canadian slag, podcast