Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-20-2023, 01:03 PM   #91
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Who's Excited For Rise Of The Beasts!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
more attention needs to be paid stay true to G1 folksd
it's not g1

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 05:18 PM   #92
justprime
Animated

you are correct it's not g1 ,..nor was b movie or seige eathrise combiners wars etc etc etc hasbro has stepped back into g1 ish to capitalize on it and set in the 90s to accommodate beast wars otherwise we would have had an updated version with new names and vehicle forms and nothing remotely g1ish so imho its g1/beast wars reboot or what ever you want to team it as only thing missing was mega...lol
justprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 05:18 PM   #93
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
you are correct it's not g1 ,..nor was b movie or seige eathrise combiners wars etc etc etc hasbro has stepped back into g1 ish to capitalize on it and set in the 90s to accommodate beast wars otherwise we would have had an updated version with new names and vehicle forms and nothing remotely g1ish so imho its g1/beast wars reboot or what ever you want to team it as only thing missing was mega...lol
Yes. And?

Old 07-08-2023, 10:04 AM   #94
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Entertained.

Robots need to show up sooner, more screen time, more transforming of said robots, less humans for next one unless the crossover is real.

Yo Joe.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 01:02 PM   #95
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Watched it a few days ago... first TF movie that I just fast-forwarded as it just dragged and offered nothing interesting.

It rehashes the bridge theme McGuffin and just brings Unicron instead Cybertron.

20 freaking minutes of nothing but attempting to build the human characters up for some reason and they are stereotypical boring rehashed "characters living some sort of hardship" that I couldn't care any less for...

They couldn't even afford enough CGI for the beast to transform outside of the battle (and birdy not even once)... and then we get a super powerful villain that gets whipped on a second fight within minutes, while a completely general fodder army does nothing at all to create an "epic" battle that was just boring as hell.

It is without question the worst of all of the TFs movies for so many reasons, including that they borrowed so much from the Bay movies but also ends up a list of cliche that were just grating, it came off as a bunch of teenagers that only seen the main scenes from the cartoons and movies and believes that just repeating all of the parts they found "cool" would make a movie good.

I wanted to enjoy it, I wanted to give it a chance... at least we are getting a few cool toys for it.
Old 07-08-2023, 08:41 PM   #96
Skorpulator
Armada

You're dead inside man.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 09:13 PM   #97
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
Watched it a few days ago... first TF movie that I just fast-forwarded as it just dragged and offered nothing interesting.

It rehashes the bridge theme McGuffin and just brings Unicron instead Cybertron.

20 freaking minutes of nothing but attempting to build the human characters up for some reason and they are stereotypical boring rehashed "characters living some sort of hardship" that I couldn't care any less for...

They couldn't even afford enough CGI for the beast to transform outside of the battle (and birdy not even once)... and then we get a super powerful villain that gets whipped on a second fight within minutes, while a completely general fodder army does nothing at all to create an "epic" battle that was just boring as hell.

It is without question the worst of all of the TFs movies for so many reasons, including that they borrowed so much from the Bay movies but also ends up a list of cliche that were just grating, it came off as a bunch of teenagers that only seen the main scenes from the cartoons and movies and believes that just repeating all of the parts they found "cool" would make a movie good.

I wanted to enjoy it, I wanted to give it a chance... at least we are getting a few cool toys for it.
Agree with most of what you said but I wouldn't consider it the worst one. The last Knight was by far worse IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpulator View Post
You're dead inside man.
Guess that means me too lol
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 09:17 PM   #98
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Agree with most of what you said but I wouldn't consider it the worst one. The last Knight was by far worse IMO

Guess that means me too lol
Nah, I enjoyed the quest side of TLK and Cogman is one of the best characters from the movies, if not the best. I'm able to set aside the Unicron thing and the other annoyances in TLK. With ROTB, if I set aside the annoyances, there's nothing left.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 07-09-2023 at 12:12 AM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 01:25 AM   #99
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpulator View Post
You're dead inside man.
Hard agree

Old 07-10-2023, 01:43 PM   #100
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post

Haha...you did summarize many of my thoughts while watching this film.

The Last Knight was rough, but at least had some great actors like Sir Anthony Hopkins, Stanley Tucci and Marky Mark without the Funky Bunch.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rotb