Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 02-05-2010, 11:12 AM   #81
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: Nocturn's Obscure Transformers Reviews

PEOPLE PEOPLE, I hate to be a nitpicking bastard, but MOON was released as part of BW II (Beast Wars The Second.) NOT BW Neo. (Maybe that's why he's not as good as the BW Neo original molds, cause, you know BW II was just full of repaints of existing BW and G2 molds with exception of Lio Convoy, Galvatron and the little playset spaceship thing, oh yeah and that awesome Takotank that came with Ikard.)

And now for my input on Nocturn's plans... I don't know if you've got him, but I've always dug the BW Skyshadow mold, maybe if you also had Drankron you could do them both together???

Actually all of the Fuzor Predacons were damn good molds, I can't tell you how many times I've had great adventures with Buzzclaw, Quickstrike, Terragator, Skyshadow and YES even Injector. The only Fuzor mold I don't like as much as the others is Noctorro, not because he's a bad mold perse or even a bad sculpt, it's just that CURMUDGEONLY Gimmick of his, those stupid spring loaded bat wings... WHO GIVES A MOLD SPRING LOADED BAT WINGS FOR FRONT LEGS!?

Optimus Minor, Sonar, Scarem, Spittor, Stinkbomb and Nightglider are all very good molds. TM2 Prowl is a wonderful mold, with really bad chrome falking issues, unless like me you have the packaging variant in black. (A white owl may be the official version of the two, but the black one looks just as good and I've always said he could be like TM2 Bluestreak or something.) I kept the variant and got rid of the white chrome flaky one in case you were wondering.

Beast Machines molds that are also sadly overlooked, Hammer Strike, Longhorn, Gekobot, Buzzsaw (My all time fav, the only figure I ever owned loose and MOSC at one time, before I sold off the MOSC one. Too bad Hasbro never repainted him, he's so funky... I'd love to see a new take on this mold design, maybe without the spring for an arm, which is really the only downside to this little guy.)
Beast Changer is an interesting deluxe mold. My Snarl is suffering form some really tight joints I think, I mean I can't even pop his spark crystal panel open without excessive force, I hope he's not starting to suffer from GPS.

Skydive was wicked cool, the Deluxe Thrust mold is one of the all time best among the Vehicons, even if it isn't show accurate and Tankorr (Yep spelled that way on the packaging.) who cares if he isn't show accurate? He's a great mold.

The Beast Riders were an interesting concept, a pity Hasbro hasn't revisted them in any of their current lines. With today's engineering I bet they could cook up some much improved versions of Beast Riders. The Deployers were an interesting concept too for their time, a pity none of the figures can actually hold them as like, WEAPONS. (You could fudge it with Supreme Cheetor or AAOP, but I doubt very much it'd look very good.)

Nobody reviews Mini-Spies.

And I'll shut up now...
Old 02-05-2010, 02:26 PM   #82
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
you just want him cause he's also a targetmaster
Oh lord, I have a hard enough time getting Break to stand up... tiny feet and top heaviness don't mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
PEOPLE PEOPLE, I hate to be a nitpicking bastard, but MOON was released as part of BW II (Beast Wars The Second.) NOT BW Neo. (Maybe that's why he's not as good as the BW Neo original molds, cause, you know BW II was just full of repaints of existing BW and G2 molds with exception of Lio Convoy, Galvatron and the little playset spaceship thing, oh yeah and that awesome Takotank that came with Ikard.)

And now for my input on Nocturn's plans... I don't know if you've got him, but I've always dug the BW Skyshadow mold, maybe if you also had Drankron you could do them both together???

Actually all of the Fuzor Predacons were damn good molds, I can't tell you how many times I've had great adventures with Buzzclaw, Quickstrike, Terragator, Skyshadow and YES even Injector. The only Fuzor mold I don't like as much as the others is Noctorro, not because he's a bad mold perse or even a bad sculpt, it's just that CURMUDGEONLY Gimmick of his, those stupid spring loaded bat wings... WHO GIVES A MOLD SPRING LOADED BAT WINGS FOR FRONT LEGS!?

Optimus Minor, Sonar, Scarem, Spittor, Stinkbomb and Nightglider are all very good molds. TM2 Prowl is a wonderful mold, with really bad chrome falking issues, unless like me you have the packaging variant in black. (A white owl may be the official version of the two, but the black one looks just as good and I've always said he could be like TM2 Bluestreak or something.) I kept the variant and got rid of the white chrome flaky one in case you were wondering.

Beast Machines molds that are also sadly overlooked, Hammer Strike, Longhorn, Gekobot, Buzzsaw (My all time fav, the only figure I ever owned loose and MOSC at one time, before I sold off the MOSC one. Too bad Hasbro never repainted him, he's so funky... I'd love to see a new take on this mold design, maybe without the spring for an arm, which is really the only downside to this little guy.)
Beast Changer is an interesting deluxe mold. My Snarl is suffering form some really tight joints I think, I mean I can't even pop his spark crystal panel open without excessive force, I hope he's not starting to suffer from GPS.

Skydive was wicked cool, the Deluxe Thrust mold is one of the all time best among the Vehicons, even if it isn't show accurate and Tankorr (Yep spelled that way on the packaging.) who cares if he isn't show accurate? He's a great mold.

The Beast Riders were an interesting concept, a pity Hasbro hasn't revisted them in any of their current lines. With today's engineering I bet they could cook up some much improved versions of Beast Riders. The Deployers were an interesting concept too for their time, a pity none of the figures can actually hold them as like, WEAPONS. (You could fudge it with Supreme Cheetor or AAOP, but I doubt very much it'd look very good.)

Nobody reviews Mini-Spies.

And I'll shut up now...
1) Yeah, I was pretty sure on Moon... but I'm not saying nothing.

2) I'm actually still in limbo with the majority of Fuzor molds (buying them off a fried), so I only Have... Torca, Quickstrike, and Silverbolt.

3) Out of all those basics, I only actually have the Original Scarem (RID predacon trio and all that). But yeah, TM2 Prowl is wicked cool, he was on the short list too. And mine actually still has most of its chrome!

4)Yeah, I have a lot of off screen BM... short list. Skydive, I agree, is great.

5) No beast riders, no Mini-spies =P
Old 02-05-2010, 06:15 PM   #83
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

wolfang was one of the few bw i actually had as a kid, nice to see a review on him

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #84
Nocturn
Previously Dead

You guys need to stop requesting Beast era... I have 343 other transformers too...

Beast Wars
Deluxe
Transmetal 2
Prowl 2

This toy always makes me think of
I guess it's true, your first years really are the most formative.

A "landing" pose? His wings are out, I guess that's good enough.

Anyway, this toy exist is two versions, this one, and a black variant. This was the intent for his entire wave (Him, Dinobot 2, and Ramulus) but Ramulus' variant was never released so now, it's real rare shit.

Oh yeah, and his stupid name? Apparently they couldn't think of a new name, or just couldn't pass up the pun of having an owl named Prowl. But because we already had a BW prowl (The Magnaboss Lion)

Other than that, no repaints. I still think Hasbro needs to get on the ball and redeco some of these later BW and BM toys, for those who may have missed them at least.

As a Transmetal 2, he has the thrilling SPARK CRYSTAL GIMMICK.

It is what it is.

There's also a lever on his back that you can push in for his head to spin around like crazy. Cause, you know, owls can do that.

Also DAT CHROME

http://images.wikia.com/transformers...d/Tf_sound.ogg

You don't like how this toy looks? What's wrong with you?

Only complaint: wings don't clip down, they just sit there. The rotating joint isn't particularily tight, so the may flop around a bit. Still better than the official instructions, which told the user to LEAVE THE WINGS DANGLING IN FRONT OF HIM. What the hell is that about?

Again, much like Battle Unicorn, this guy has a magnificent head.

(Note: lighting trick that amplifies "two-face"ness unintentional, but awesome)

This guy has great articulation, as with most Beast Era toys.

Again, that head.

After taking this picture, I quickly dusted. Ick.

(Niteowl reference here)

FIN
Old 02-06-2010, 12:21 AM   #85
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

I used to have K-9 but he just vanished one day. I really miss that toy.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:41 AM   #86
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Ah yes, the wings flip forward so that in robot mode you get the Spinning Hurricane Generating Shield of Death!

If you swap the lower arms, reverse the transformation so that the wings fold onto his Official Robot-Mod Chest, and turn the head backwards so that the huge back-panel thing becomes his chest, you can have an alternate version of his robot mode, with the Wings on his back and a really odd looking flip-up computer screen on his chest. (I did that a lot when I had both variants, to differentiate the two, it was like Universe Sideswipe/Sunstreaker years before they considered making that mold.)

343! Man there are that many ignored molds, some of those have to be the Beast Era stuff, but 343! What are a lot of Mini-Cons on that list???

If you wanted I could take a few quick snapshots of my Black Prowl variant and send'em your way via e-mail or something so you could add them here for comparisons sake? Just a thought.

Last edited by GMfan; 02-06-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:51 AM   #87
BeeBoy29
Alternator

Nocturn these reviews are so awesome, but i hate you for making me want to go and find them :P
Old 02-06-2010, 02:15 PM   #88
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Ah yes, the wings flip forward so that in robot mode you get the Spinning Hurricane Generating Shield of Death!

If you swap the lower arms, reverse the transformation so that the wings fold onto his Official Robot-Mod Chest, and turn the head backwards so that the huge back-panel thing becomes his chest, you can have an alternate version of his robot mode, with the Wings on his back and a really odd looking flip-up computer screen on his chest. (I did that a lot when I had both variants, to differentiate the two, it was like Universe Sideswipe/Sunstreaker years before they considered making that mold.)

343! Man there are that many ignored molds, some of those have to be the Beast Era stuff, but 343! What are a lot of Mini-Cons on that list???

If you wanted I could take a few quick snapshots of my Black Prowl variant and send'em your way via e-mail or something so you could add them here for comparisons sake? Just a thought.
420 transformers... I'm an addict. Not all are obscure though.

73 mini-cons (ack!).

Feel free to post the pics yourself if you want. Not like I"m in any position to go "you can't do that in MY thread!" (which I would like to say I wouldn't anyway...)
Old 02-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #89
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
420 transformers... I'm an addict. Not all are obscure though.

73 mini-cons (ack!).

Feel free to post the pics yourself if you want. Not like I"m in any position to go "you can't do that in MY thread!" (which I would like to say I wouldn't anyway...)
I have issues with using hosting sites for my JPEGs... By which I mean, is it possible to just a picture file from my harddrive in the thread itself or do we have a hosting function on the boards that supports uploading pictures from my harddrive, because doing it through third party is a pain in the skid plate and sucks. (After a few years most of the ones I'd put up on the host site turned into little red X's. I can't even remember which third party host site I used or what my bloomin' password was. )

Oh it seems I can, uh, I think the picture is too big though. But we'll test it out first.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Prowl Beast Mode.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	4716   Click image for larger version

Name:	Prowl Beast Mode 2.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	4717   Click image for larger version

Name:	Prowl Robot Mode.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	4718   Click image for larger version

Name:	Prowl Alternate Robot Mode.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	4719  

Last edited by Scrapper6; 02-06-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:03 PM   #90
chans formers
raff ow roud

i completely forgot about that spark crystal gimmick on tm2 prowl2

another nice review!!!