Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-02-2015, 12:39 PM   #11
sarmick01
Canadian Slag
Re: Tips on selling TF's on ebay? MISB?

I wouldn't bother trying to sell them on ebay if you have doubts already. I've read too many stories about people being ripped off by buyers complaining about the tiniest issues.
sarmick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:40 PM   #12
NeoMatter
Generation 1

Regarding the electronics and batteries taken out, you really shouldn't use MSIB or even SIB. Using those imply that they are still sealed regardless and not tampered with (which you did when you removed the batteries).

Probably better to use MIB (as it doesn't indicate it's sealed). And in your description you can say it was only taken out to remove the batteries. I can't recall, but I think there are postal regulations about shipping items with batteries. But I think restrictions like that apply to certain regions it's going to.
NeoMatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 06:22 PM   #13
DesertDog
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmick01 View Post
I wouldn't bother trying to sell them on ebay if you have doubts already. I've read too many stories about people being ripped off by buyers complaining about the tiniest issues.
Yes, agreed. I want rid myself of my Joe and Turtles but there's no F'ing way I'm putting shit on eBay. I have read way too many horror stories on this site and TFW2005, and combined with my historically low degree of faith in strangers means that I'll probably put them up on Kijiji and/or forum sale threads for local purchase.
DesertDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:39 PM   #14
CanBot
Cybertron

The batteries can be verified on the movie bot stuff without breaking the seal by simply pressing the demo button. Once you push the button and nothing happens, I'm not sure what the better choice to do is: sell it as MISB (which it is, even though the box may not grade a 10), or crack the seal, remove the batteries (which I did for Ultimate Devastator, and will advertise obviously as opened. But it turns out I didn't really need to because the batteries didn't leak, lucky).

I think with enough due dilligence I should be able to get these into the hands of decent buyers. It will mean possibly less money in the end but that's better than getting completely ripped off (and that will only need to happen once before I completely give up on ebay altogether).