Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-27-2016, 03:31 PM   #241
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha
Re: Movie Talk (Possible Spoilers)

As a non Trekkie, Star Trek Beyon is quite entertaining. Although making Sulu gay is just a bit....illogical. This movie is financially invested by China's Alibaba Pictures, which makes you wonder if the scene where Zulu embraces his man will be cut in the China editon due to censorship.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:20 PM   #242
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Thought this thread was dying as the chatter had dwindled off, but sure, I'll throw in another bump of the last few I saw....

ST: Beyond was OK. I'm glad I watched it but it felt more like an action film instead of a sci-fi film. It's flashy, looks pretty, but seems to lack some substance. However, my experience might have been distracted in that the speakers at the showing I watched had blown a channel or something like that. Bass came through just fine, as did the sound effects, but the voices were very obviously quieter than the music and lacking surround for the voices as well. Will have to see it again to re-evaluate.

Turtles 2: really fun! Disappointed that some villains were under utilized (not gonna spoil about who) but it was highly entertaining. You really can't go in thinking this is going to be a film for adults. It literally has the depth and plot of cartoon storyboard brought to the real life screen instead. If you accept that for what it is, it's highly enjoyable to watch.

Central Intelligence: the more I see Dwayne Johnson do more action comedy roles, the more I feel it suits him best. He pulls it off very naturally and seems to embrace his roles with open arms. Definitely surprised how much my wife and I liked it when we just wanted to kill an afternoon with something simple one day.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:46 PM   #243
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

I've watched

Zootopia - pretty good
Whisky Tango Foxtrot - was surprising really well done.
Kung Foo Panda 3 - pretty good
Justice League vs Teen titans - was ok
Batman v Superman - Was as bad as I imagined.
Ghostbusters 2016 - which was meh.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 05:04 PM   #244
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

I just saw Batman v Superman and was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Granted it was the extended version that I saw, not what was in theatres.

It takes itself seriously, which is a nice contrast to, well, the Marvel superhero films as a whole. To me it was infinitely better than Civil War, which I found to be somewhat disappointing.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:25 PM   #245
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Just saw Suicide Squad for the opening night. I went into this with low expectations considering how bad my opinion of BvS was, plus it also worried me that they tried to re-edit the footage to lighten up the movie post-production after the rave success Deadpool. I've read a lot that said it wasn't quite as bad as BvS but also that it wouldn't be the film to save the DCEU's rep. Although that may be true, it was good, but not great. All of DC's eggs are in Wonder Woman's basket now, especially after the trailer they released for at SDCC this year.

Deadshot, Harley, and Waller did their roles justice to keep this film alive. The actual antagonists and the plot itself are nothing to write home about though, and there were characters that seemed pointless to exist (Boomerang) or didn't get enough utilized enough for screentime/dialogue (Joker, Kitana). As I wrote above, it's good, not great, but worth seeing at least.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:00 PM   #246
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original

Watched Kubo and the two stings tonight, it was really good.

Cineplex is having cheap Tuesday pricing all week this week (and an extra 10% off for scene members).

Old 08-30-2016, 07:22 PM   #247
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

I just watched the new Ninja Turtles movie. Wow this movie had Bay's typical footprint. It was just like a Bayformers movie with Terminator theme music at the end lol I want my 2 hours back, Bay!
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:39 PM   #248
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
I just watched the new Ninja Turtles movie. Wow this movie had Bay's typical footprint. It was just like a Bayformers movie with Terminator theme music at the end lol I want my 2 hours back, Bay!
The 2016 one or the 2014 one? I actually wanted to see the 2016 but it only lasted in theaters about 3 weeks.

Saw Sausage Party last night, it was ok. The final scene had me laughing pretty hard though.

Old 09-01-2016, 10:32 AM   #249
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkamanraiden View Post
The 2016 one or the 2014 one? I actually wanted to see the 2016 but it only lasted in theaters about 3 weeks.

Saw Sausage Party last night, it was ok. The final scene had me laughing pretty hard though.
The 2016 one

Watched TMNT 2 with daughter right after to wipe any memories of it.

The 2014 one I liked.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:38 PM   #250
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Just saw Kubo and the 2 Strings and I was VERY impressed with it. Unique animation style, beautiful music and a great story featuring a lot of orginality and even though being presented as an animated film for kids to enjoy, the core of its storytelling feels more mature than what you would think it would be at face value. The end may not be your typical kind of happy ending that Disney or Pixar has us accustomed to, but it's a pleasant ending that still gives the protagonist positive closure. Definitely one of the best movies I've watched this year.