Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-27-2011, 12:44 AM   #1
RedOktobre
Alternator
Do you know how to Transform your Transformers?

I am embarrassed to say that I actually don't know how to transform over half of my TFs in my collection. Sometimes, I actually refer to Youtube Transformer reviews to get tips and advice.

Judging from the number of people sell loose or MIB TF and claim that the figure has only been transformed only once or twice for display purposes only, I also suspect that many members may lack knowledge of the transforming process as well.

I would like to hear everyone's thoughts about this unusual aspect of TF collectors.

View my collection on Youtube at the raginroninreview channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxoEydL-p6s

Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...800#post360800

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=2648

Disclaimer:
All statements or views expressed by the board member, "RedOktobre", are purely personal opinions which may or may not be substantiated by relevant facts. Any perceived insult resulting from opinions asserted by the said board member is absolutely unintentional.
RedOktobre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:49 AM   #2
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Do you know how to Transform your Transformers?

I don't explain my memory....I can best summarize it as it's difficult for me to forget things...

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:50 AM   #3
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

i have definitely checked youtube vids in the past when i've gotten stuck on transformations...
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:53 AM   #4
jackwacko
Classic

Forgot how to transform my Alternator Mirage, decided to whip him out and try to transform him.. Broke one of the pegs on his rear windshield.. Curse you clear plastic!!!!

Transforming some of the more recent guys is like trying to deactivate a bomb; One wrong move, and it's gone. Especially Fricken Terradive, had to check up how to transform him again >.>...
jackwacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:58 AM   #5
alternatorfan
g1 baby

forgot how to transform grimlock and wheeljack alternators had to look at instruction.
did not use instructions for dotm megatron and he is engineered quite nicely for a voyager'
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:20 AM   #6
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

Unless they're super easy like the Legends, there are very few TFs that I remember how to transform. I keep all my instructions just in case and even then I refer to youtube videos for help. I sure as heck don't want to break anything!
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:24 AM   #7
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Half the fun is trying to figure it out.

Most of the time, once I have transformed him the first time I rarely have trouble later. I might have the occasional brain fart, but I still manage to get from A to B.

Unless we are talking about MP Megatron... Then I am too scared to transform him.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:27 AM   #8
Grimlock4Prime
Alternator

If I own it, I can transform it.

Depending on either my sobriety or how long it's been it might take a minute to remember but I can do it. It's like riding a bike, you never forget. Only in this case you're riding over a hundred bikes.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:29 AM   #9
Magnimus
Alternator

If I don't mess around with a figure for several months, I sometimes forget how to transform the figure, but this almost only occurs with the recent movie figures. I have no problem picking up Beast Wars, Animated, Classics, Universe 2.0, and most Generations / RTS figures and transforming them from memory.

Right now, if I picked up RTS Perceptor and ROTF Leader Jetfire I know I would have a hell of a time getting these guys back into their vehicle modes.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:48 AM   #10
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
Half the fun is trying to figure it out.

Most of the time, once I have transformed him the first time I rarely have trouble later. I might have the occasional brain fart, but I still manage to get from A to B.

Unless we are talking about MP Megatron... Then I am too scared to transform him.
yes
the first time I transformed the tabs on his hips in gun mode were not lining up right and before I knew it one little tabs broke off.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
transform