Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-18-2024, 11:34 PM   #11
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Transformers One Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crobot91 View Post
Much like the latest TMNT movie and SW Mandoverse, this is not made for me but rather for my kids; which is a good thing. Time to move on from us old farts and bring on a new generation of fans much like the 2007 movie did.

My kids, 10 and 13, are more excited for this than they were when the ROTB movie's trailer came out.
That's awesome.

That's one thing Ninja turtles have done very well at the generations. They're always hooking a new young group of fans. It's really weird to me that in the last... Really since prime. Transformers hasn't really done a big job of that. I know cyber versus a thing but it doesn't have the presence or anything of other kids shows these days that are hits.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 04:33 AM   #12
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
That's awesome.

That's one thing Ninja turtles have done very well at the generations. They're always hooking a new young group of fans. It's really weird to me that in the last... Really since prime. Transformers hasn't really done a big job of that. I know cyber versus a thing but it doesn't have the presence or anything of other kids shows these days that are hits.

I just wonder how much impact the new TMNT movie really had.

My oldest (about to turn 10), and his friends don't have a clue about TMNT. At least not that I see when they interact, or I talk to him. They are more involved in online play with Minecraft right now. Soccer is also a big thing with them (they play every day during recess). TMNT has never once been mentioned and I see reams of stock on the shelves at stores, which is good, but I don't know how much it is hitting kids in the target age group.

TF07 was a massive worldwide hit that sparked a new era for TFs. After that I would say the MCU was the next massive franchise for a generation. (action figure related)

I hope the movie does well but I wouldn't get my hopes up that this will be some great new era for the franchise, and frankly it is really not much more than another slight retelling of G1. I hope I am wrong.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 08:24 AM   #13
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

First impression. The character designs look simple and rushed. The trailer itself was entertaining and made me chuckle. I'm still on board.
Old 04-19-2024, 08:57 AM   #14
Skorpulator
Armada

I'm indifferent. Just looks like another TF cartoon to me.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 10:38 AM   #15
homerrca
Generation 1

While this is more geared for the next generation and that is fine with me. The series needs to continue and grow but to be honest, I would love one last movie to be made for the G1 fans. Something us old timers want. Not sure what that story would be but make megs a gun one last time and some great action.. less humans
homerrca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 12:24 PM   #16
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerrca View Post
While this is more geared for the next generation and that is fine with me. The series needs to continue and grow but to be honest, I would love one last movie to be made for the G1 fans. Something us old timers want. Not sure what that story would be but make megs a gun one last time and some great action.. less humans
They?re making a live-action gi joe vs transformers movie. It?s all good.
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 12:38 PM   #17
Tiffster
Classic

Yes definitely for kids. Hey I might go see it if my kids want to, otherwise I'll skip. Looks like Earthspark the movie.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 12:48 PM   #18
RansakWORK
Beast Machine

I laughed at a few parts.

I push back on people who say that its not made for them but for their kids while part of the charm of pixar and dreamworks movies is that they were for kids but were also enjoyable for adults through a few adults themes or jokes and I hope this is what it is.

I dislike the anthropomorphization of alien robots though. They keep trying to make them more human like maybe to be relatable? The faces in the show are clearly "younger" versions and somehow they grow up over time... forgetting the fact these robots sat deactivated in their ship for thousands of years without changing. This is a G1 gripe obviously but i think that was part of the charm of it. Robots trying to learn about humans rather than become them.

Guess we will see.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 01:20 AM   #19
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

My cousin and his friends seemed interested when I linked them the trailer a while ago. Mostly curious how Megatron is going to become evil in this future chain of events.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote