Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-10-2014, 04:27 PM   #21
nuropa
Robot in Disguise
Re: MP Prowl the new shelfwarmer?

Got mine with the 15% off yesterday. 59+tax. Decent enough. Should be at this price to begin with for this figure. If bigger sale comes along, I can still adjust price.
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:48 PM   #22
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuropa View Post
Got mine with the 15% off yesterday. 59+tax. Decent enough. Should be at this price to begin with for this figure. If bigger sale comes along, I can still adjust price.
LOL. I got my Takara one for $60 shipped from Japan. No tax nor duty. So it's still cheaper.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:13 PM   #23
justprime
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
Your also forgetting the English an french wording on the box and all extras in the box it adds up too and I'm also sure they have some room for a 25% sale to so really there not all that bad in price

They could save a shit load of coast and pass it on to the consumer, package it up like the takara version instead of a big box of nothing they need to get charged for creating an un-nessary wast of material/packaging and as always Toysrus screws up with there distribution,... must be taking lessons from hasbro on this one
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:10 AM   #24
CanBot
Cybertron

I'm ok with paying full price for MPs in stores, rather than wait for a sale and lose out (happened with Soundwave, almost happened with Grimlock). I'll continue to do so for Hasbro MPs, but I'm going to try to get on the import bandwagon for Takara MPs. Who really knows when Hasbro will get with it on the North American distribution; two seeker moulds, not one of the original guys? Bad move...at least a Thundercracker would have been nice. I hope they're not too long with Bumblebee.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:51 AM   #25
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
Your also forgetting the English an french wording on the box and all extras in the box it adds up too and I'm also sure they have some room for a 25% sale to so really there not all that bad in price
Not forgotten per se as there's no french as far as I can tell in photos I've seen online at TRU.ca or when I saw Prowl in hand hence why MP Prowl is not shippable to Quebec according to TRU.ca. I'll still hold out for a 30 to 40% off Boxing day sale.

Maybe the exclusive "TRU" packaging might add cost but I'd tend to think that might be a shared cost between manufacturer and retailer since the sticker is the only thing exclusive about about the box besides it's ridiculous size, lol.

Cardboard or box packaging is pretty inexpensive overall so it's cost even for it's size is minimal plus bigger box means lower shipping weight since the toy in this case is the bulk of the weight and shipping is charged by weight and distance. The boxes I produce at work are a lot more expensive but sturdy . I'll bet the packaging for the '09 Grimlock costs more to produce that the packaging for the latest round of MP's (Prime's excluded).

Still overall all I can say is look at what you get in plastic for a "TRU" Prime, Sunstorm/Acidstorm and Soundwave (at TRU prices) compared to Prowl and my position remains the same it comes down to licensing, X dollars or percent is Nissan's cut and licensing works in a regionalized way as well so we do pay more over here for licensed products compared to other parts of the world.

Last edited by The 12th Prime; 11-14-2014 at 02:01 AM.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:29 PM   #26
Batman
The Dark Knight

Yeah Toysrus got greedy with the pricing on this, no wonder it is shelf warming. I got the Takara for like $45 like 15 or 16 months ago.