Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-01-2009, 09:13 PM   #11
DECEPTICON_BRAWL
Autocepticon
Re: Transformers quality control issues of 2008/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkamanraiden View Post
Ironhide had a pathetic amout of babyblue paint for his face, repainted it silver as well as gave some detail to the rims of his tires.
all ironhides have baby blue on the face.

I VOTE FOR A LEADER CLASS FALLEN!!!!!
DECEPTICON_BRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:47 PM   #12
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

The first Animated Bumblebee I had purchased was destroyed within seconds of coming out of the package. The entire shoulder joint disintegrated the moment I tried to move it. The second one I popped open was alright, although I was very careful in moving any joint. Even though its still intact the plastic itself feels cheap and brittle. Plus there are quite a few stress marks.

I've noticed visible stress marks on most of the Animated figures I've handled, some stress marks existing while they're still sealed in the packages.

Seriously, the damage done to the first one was pretty close to the GPS problems. I'm guessing it was cracked when it was assembled, and moving it when trying to transform it was just too much for the plastic to hold together.

Last edited by Shepp; 04-01-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:30 PM   #13
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ark View Post
Brice, is that the one I picked up for you. If so, sorry, I didn't even notice.
meh, i have a steady hand lol. it got painted 5 mins after i got it

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:51 PM   #14
Sokar
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
The first Animated Bumblebee I had purchased was destroyed within seconds of coming out of the package. The entire shoulder joint disintegrated the moment I tried to move it. The second one I popped open was alright, although I was very careful in moving any joint. Even though its still intact the plastic itself feels cheap and brittle. Plus there are quite a few stress marks.

I've noticed visible stress marks on most of the Animated figures I've handled, some stress marks existing while they're still sealed in the packages.

Seriously, the damage done to the first one was pretty close to the GPS problems. I'm guessing it was cracked when it was assembled, and moving it when trying to transform it was just too much for the plastic to hold together.
I've noticed quite a few stress marks on a lot of my figures as well. I just chalked them up to the plastic it seems that hasbro is using now. It feels very brittle. Even more so than the knock off rainbow constructicons
Old 04-02-2009, 12:02 AM   #15
Sideswipe
Break it down!

My univrse sideswipe's legs dont quite fit seemlessly together in car mode, and his feet are a bit looser in bot mode over sunstreaker's.

And Hound has the classic loose head and shoulder cannon issues.

Problems I was expecting:

Ironhide I got his head to come up all the way without repositioning the back wheels. It was tight and tricky, but possible. Looks good.

And cyclonus just shines, w00t. no problems.
Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 04:25 AM   #16
TFtoys
Animated

that's why we need gift receipt.
But if the particular area is too tight or too loose, I would just fix those myself. If I have a choice, I will do a QC scan first to get the cleanest and perfect package possible.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 04:29 AM   #17
Badgertron
Robot Master
Send a message via MSN to Badgertron

The shoulders on my Universe Cyclonus won't stay on, as if the tabs are too small to hold them in place. Boooo.
Badgertron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:37 PM   #18
Sokar
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFtoys View Post
that's why we need gift receipt.
But if the particular area is too tight or too loose, I would just fix those myself. If I have a choice, I will do a QC scan first to get the cleanest and perfect package possible.

The unfortunate thing is that quite often toys that are incomplete or seriously flawed are simply taped up and thrown back onto the shelves for the next person to buy. If nobody buys the defective toys then the store thinks "hey, these toys just aren't selling, so lets not get any more of them" and then the line suffers because of it.

Doing a scan for QC control is always a good idea, but sometimes either you end up getting someone to pick up the figure for you because they saw it when you couldn't get it (ie my family in Calgary saw it when I was in Saskatoon), you have ordered it online and it came that way, it's the last one available and is particularly rare, or it's something you can't see directly (like the case of the missing starscream heads).
Old 04-05-2009, 01:47 AM   #19
TFtoys
Animated

Things you might do like some of the collector here suggested that you might ask for more discount while the appearance or broken box is easily seen for the last available item. Normally, they won't mind to sell out the last "defective" one with cheaper price and might thank you that you are willing to take the risk of it.

For the operation of the retail store, I am not sure if each store can decide their own stock for the particular TF class or the decision comes from the head office or suppliers. The major reason might be like Sears can not sell their TF on the shelf like Toysrus and Walrmat, they not carry more in the next time.

For the online QC check, I guest that's why BBT give you the rating and extra charge to choose for the C9 or C10 box. But indeed, is another extra charge to pay for the better quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokar View Post
If nobody buys the defective toys then the store thinks "hey, these toys just aren't selling, so lets not get any more of them" and then the line suffers because of it.

Doing a scan for QC control is always a good idea, but sometimes either you end up getting someone to pick up the figure for you because they saw it when you couldn't get it (ie my family in Calgary saw it when I was in Saskatoon), you have ordered it online and it came that way, it's the last one available and is particularly rare, or it's something you can't see directly (like the case of the missing starscream heads).
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:03 PM   #20
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

This is technically a 2010 QC issue, but still...

RotF Voyager Optimus Prime, out of the box, missing the matching red piece. Sorry for the blurry picture.

Purchased at a Wal-Mart. And it was the last one.

Can someone please post if they know of another Wal-Mart that currently has him in stock? GTA sighting preferable.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power core combiners