Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-09-2018, 01:23 PM   #41
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: I said I wouldn’t and I did. Go "figure."

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast View Post
It honestly isn't Christmas without this thread. Great Photos!
Thank you much appreciated
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 01:29 PM   #42
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Dec 9 - Hot Rod played by MMC R-27AM Calidus Asterisk Mode TFCon Exclusive

I did pick this up at TF Con when he came out as I thought it looked cool but then never got around to opening him. It didn’t fit into my collection at the time but I found a spot for him to go so decided to buy it again. I think it looks just as good now as it did then but one thing for me design wise is his “collar” since it gets in the way when taking shots with his head turned to the side and he can’t look “up” enough to compensate. “A” stance is a bit wide but other than that I think it’s a solid toy. I will be doing the glue his wings in thing, kinda bugs me that they fall out all the time.

Good solid figure overall and this colour scheme really works for me. I was going to go with the Nemesis version originally as well but I already have Terror and Rodimus Unicronus so 2 evil versions are good enough. He can now take his place among the Autobot leaders in that Detolf.

Old 12-09-2018, 09:32 PM   #43
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Great shots! My only complaint on this figure is that his wheels really should've been black to not only help break up the purple a bit, but also give it a proper vehicle look and less of a toy. I still enjoy him plenty in bot mode though.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 09:59 PM   #44
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
Great shots! My only complaint on this figure is that his wheels really should've been black to not only help break up the purple a bit, but also give it a proper vehicle look and less of a toy. I still enjoy him plenty in bot mode though.
Thanks much appreciated and yes I can see your point and makes total sense about the wheels. I never gave it a thought until you mentioned it
Old 12-10-2018, 07:45 AM   #45
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Dec 10 – Beast Wars II Lio Convoy played by Neoart Toys NT-10 Origin Leonidas.

Yep, I bought two, and I’m eternally grateful that I opened this one second. Had I opened this one first and the black one second it would have been a big disappointment (the black one). Nothing loose rolling around in the package, no parts loose on the figure that required adjusting and nothing fell off. The paint job on this guy is awesome and quite surprised that both PE and Neo Arts actually put the Maximal symbols on the chest. I guess Takara doesn’t check these the way they seem to with Autobot/Decepticon symbols bit whatever makes them happy I guess.

Only differences between this guy and the black is the paint job (yeah thanks Captain Obvious), the bow weapon and he gets swords instead of claws. Having given it some thought for the last couple of hours is I really dislike the beast modes on both of them. They look OK at best but the lack of articulation and the way the arms become front legs makes him look weird. Also not a fan of the way the head can’t look up without a massive and noticeable gap. Shame really because the lion head looks really sharp and I managed to get the mouth further open and the mane in better placement than the black one. Either way on bot mode I think these guys really look good and would go well in an MP Beast Wars collection.

Old 12-10-2018, 10:45 PM   #46
Landstander
Generation 2

My prediction for the next figure: it will be some sort of transforming toy, for sure a vehicle or beast, and will have colors. On a serious note, great work and I look forward to what is coming next.
Landstander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:47 PM   #47
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landstander View Post
My prediction for the next figure: it will be some sort of transforming toy, for sure a vehicle or beast, and will have colors. On a serious note, great work and I look forward to what is coming next.
Your prediction is not wrong, no and it is a beauty, yes. Thanks for the compliment much appreciated
Old 12-11-2018, 07:52 AM   #48
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Dec 11 – Beast Wars Transmetal 2 Megatron played by Perfect Effect PX-DX09 Mega Doragon

Well that hurt. This is gonna be one of those one time and done transformations (turns out this wasn’t actually the case as I had the wings in the wrong configuration in beast mode and had to do those shots over). It wasn’t as bad as Thousandkills last year but was no picnic either, especially because I watched a review to put him into dragon mode and I couldn’t see through the reviewers hands and didn’t help that the one part I had trouble with was done off screen but whatever (I watched another one later on from EmGo and that was much clearer). He’s got some sharp bits, especially on his dragon mode chest and some tough plastic with tight tabs in some areas. Now a friend said that the tail was really loose from a review he watched but I just tightened up the screws a bit and have literally left it on the table for the last two hours in dragon mode and it hasn’t moved at all. As for the figure I love it, he looks amazing, great sculpt, paint work and damn is that wing span impressive, 25 ½ inches. Overall he is good but back heavy due to the wings and tail when in bot mode which leads to another problem. He isn’t getting a lot of head movement with that thing attached back there and why for god’s sake did they give him wheels? They honestly could have left those out. I know he didn’t use it in the show and I sure as hell didn’t bother with it on the original toy so why? I’ll take pics of it for the sake of this event but I would never use it otherwise.

I know another company is supposed to be making one and although I’m not getting it, I sure as hell hope they leave the “vehicle” mode out. Now back to the head issue, I was able to get him to turn his head a bit more by moving the tail connection the other way so it’s close to a 45 degree rotation. Once in beast mode he really shines and the wing span is very impressive (again 25 1/5 inches) but I was hoping that the front claws would have a bit more movement. Now depending on the reviewer, the wings are installed a couple different ways and I would love to have gotten a flight stand for him because he really needs one. Trying to do flying pics was very tough as I had to use multiple stands to support the weight and length, hence why I had to use all black for them to make the stands “disappear” (not to mention it was too wide to go in front of the TV from the distance he was). Anyway I am very impressed with this guy in spite of his flaws. For any fan of Beast Wars Megatron this guy is phenomenal and would definitely recommend it.

EDIT: As I stated earlier I actually had to redo the dragon mode shots as I had the wing placement all wrong and have to say the second transformation was so much easier to work through and then I took more robot mode shots and can honestly say I love this fig (but being a Megs fans I might be a bit biased) and for me this is my figure of the year hands down!!!

Part 1 Bot Mode

Old 12-11-2018, 07:52 AM   #49
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Part 2 Beast mode (and others)

Old 12-11-2018, 03:50 PM   #50
Landstander
Generation 2

So my prediction was right, I would do it again, but I do not like to flaunt my powers. Awesome figure, but who does not like dragons? I don’t do third-party figures, but if I did this would be an absolute must bye. I will be back to see what’s next.
Landstander is offline   Reply With Quote