Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 08-31-2018, 12:10 AM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
David Sobolov to Voice Blitzwing in Bumblebee Movie

Veteran Transformers voice actor David Sobolov has announced via his Twitter page that he’s added another Transformers character to his resume. Sobolov will be voicing the main Decepticon antagonist in the Bumblebee movie as Blitzwing! This is not David Sobolov’s first foray into the world of Transforming robots as he’s contributed his voice work to numerous Transformers video game and animated projects. However, his two most notable roles include Shockwave from Transformers Prime and the heroic Maximal Depth Charge in Beast Wars! You can join the discuss after the jump!

The post David Sobolov to Voice Blitzwing in Bumblebee Movie appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 08-31-2018, 07:45 AM   #2
TRUCKvsGUN
Re: David Sobolov to Voice Blitzwing in Bumblebee Movie

I had a lot of hope for the Bumblebee movie until they said the dead ringer for G1 Starscream is called Blitzwing.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 12:46 PM   #3
joshimus
Metroplex

I mean...at least change the head. Or if you release the toy make a Starscream from it, but honestly seeing that shot from the trailer and being excited to see Starscream more Starscream-like to find out it's Blitzwing...WTF?! Just MAKE Blitzwing.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 02:07 PM   #4
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Agreed on the comments above, this stupid name change just shows how the director doesn't care or know about Transformers ... how do u expect a good movie will come out of it?
Just image we saw a batman trailer and in it Bruce Wayne decided to call himself Catwoman.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 02:29 PM   #5
herooftheday316
Energon

Man with the carpet fire that have been the last movies, you would think that something a minor as a name wouldn't set people off so much.

I mean yeah, it looks like Starcream but maybe they didn't want him to be in the movie and look completely different from the Bay version.

I know we all know Blitzwing as a cool triple changer but honestly I think it's a bad ass seeker name.

After the slop we have been fed in the past if you really think THIS is a big deal I'm confused.

I think most people see there was more emotion and thought put into the trailer than the entirety of the series up until now.

Hey look at that, a good voice actor voicing an animated character.

-Mike
Old 08-31-2018, 06:38 PM   #6
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by herooftheday316 View Post
Man with the carpet fire that have been the last movies, you would think that something a minor as a name wouldn't set people off so much.

I mean yeah, it looks like Starcream but maybe they didn't want him to be in the movie and look completely different from the Bay version.

I know we all know Blitzwing as a cool triple changer but honestly I think it's a bad ass seeker name.

After the slop we have been fed in the past if you really think THIS is a big deal I'm confused.

I think most people see there was more emotion and thought put into the trailer than the entirety of the series up until now.

Hey look at that, a good voice actor voicing an animated character.

-Mike
It's not the name that bothers us, it's that they went out of their way to make a G1 inspired Starscream with the intention of calling him Blitzwing instead of making a G1 inspired Blitzwing. If he was never gonna be Starscream, then why make it look like Starscream? Just make Blitzwing.
If I order a chocolate ice cream cake I don't wanna see a box of donuts. If the intention was to buy myself a box of donuts then why tease myself with the idea ofchocolate ice cream cake.

Last edited by joshimus; 09-01-2018 at 02:40 PM.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 03:08 PM   #7
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

joshimus is right. It's the fact the movie don't give a shit about source material pissed us off, an attitude doesn't respect the transformer fans. Just like how the star wars fans were pissed off by the Last Knight movie.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 03:23 PM   #8
905soundwave
Robot in Disguise

Could be worse. They could have Laserbeak transform into a photocopier. Oh wait. That did happen.
905soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 03:40 PM   #9
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus

Couldn't agree more. Not respectful to fans, not respectful to source material. Shows they don't give a shit. And I Was excited by the promise of this movie... sigh. By the way I love the donuts reference!
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 04:51 PM   #10
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Have to agree with the posters above. They very clearly took inspiration from g1 Starscream, why they would then turn around and call the character Blitzwing, I can't fathom