Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-07-2017, 06:20 PM   #41
DCompose
Robot Master
Re: Goodbye TRU?

Bankruptcy protection is not Bankruptcy. Much like Mosquito Protection is not Zika.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:59 PM   #42
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

If they do go the direction of Consumers Distributing, they better have damned good pricing. That's a lot of commercial real estate if they reduce/shut down some of their stores.

At least collectors in the States still have Walgreens/Target/JCPenny/Macy's/Sears. We have diddly squat. Although it's interesting seeing Chapters starting to sell TFs.

As for you Scrapper6, I think justprime is just referring to their online selection, which is really bad compared to their B&M stores. Some people have to resort to online buying if they live too far from a TRU or WM.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:39 PM   #43
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
Besides missing the obvious Star Wars ones, I know there were others that did make it here: Marvel Legends 6" Falcon and Bucky. DC Multiverse 6" Suicide Squad Flag and Diablo. And I see now that they have JL Multiverse 6" Batman and Cyborg with Mother Boxes.
We did miss quite a few Walmart exclusives though, especially with TFs. None of the following ever made it to Canada

Also, the US has already spotted those Walmart exclusive Jada toys Diecast TLK HotRod toys that no one is Canada has found yet.

I feel Toysrus has been better at stocking their exclusives, especially now that they put french on the box.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:59 PM   #44
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Maybe the problem with these exclusives is that they have to print French on the boxes? Walmart probably don't give a damn about to reprint these boxes I guess? That's why you don't see them here, and most likely these exclusive won't sell, why bother?

I don't think Walmart cares too much about their toys department as long as they have toys on the shelves(Hell, even toy's r us when I think about it right now). Walmart is a big convenience store which sells everything, that's why we go there, not just for toys. I find it easier to just buy everything at Walmart including toys than going to TRU which strictly sell toys only. And I can tell you guys I actually ignore 95% of the store when I am at Toy's R Us. It usually takes me at least half an hour shopping at Walmart unlike Toys R Us, maybe 10 minutes max?
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 01:00 AM   #45
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Meh, if TRU goes down I'll simply buy fewer Transformers. I'd be more bummed out for my kids. It's fun to take them there.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 11:41 AM   #46
joshimus
Metroplex

If Walmart becomes the "Go To" store for toys, Canada is F**ED!! I know I won't support it.
It does amaze me how little Amazon.ca has, or lacks to offer in the line of toys though. I don't like them either but I did a few searches recently and not only are prices insane, but they aren't even Amazon store stock.
TRU closing would be tragic.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 12:10 PM   #47
TRUCKvsGUN

Meh. I really don't see what all the fuss is about. Even in the case of bankruptcy, which is just one option they're exploring by the way, stores come and go, and I'm not gonna miss going to a store that never has what I'm looking for.

The world will keep on turning, and I will keep on buying transformers.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:38 AM   #48
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
We did miss quite a few Walmart exclusives though, especially with TFs. None of the following ever made it to Canada

Also, the US has already spotted those Walmart exclusive Jada toys Diecast TLK HotRod toys that no one is Canada has found yet.

I feel Toysrus has been better at stocking their exclusives, especially now that they put french on the box.
But is anyone here seriously lamenting the fact that we didn't get these products? They seem to be repackaged redecos of subpar figures to me.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:18 AM   #49
Cerebros
Generation 2

Doesnt surprise me, toys are just becoming far too bloody expensive now a days, and with the internet why even leave your home at this point. lol
Cerebros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:20 AM   #50
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebros View Post
Doesnt surprise me, toys are just becoming far too bloody expensive now a days, and with the internet why even leave your home at this point. lol
Especially if you order online, don't need to drive around hunting for toys in all ToyRus, Walmart stores. I stopped doing that 1 year ago, that save me a lot from gasoline and wasting time.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote