Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-09-2019, 09:31 AM   #11
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here
Re: Could use some suggestions for where to get a relatively cheap display case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by that but the shelves in Detolfs are not adjustable. Each one is spaced at roughly 15 1/2 inches
Thanks for the info!

I was referring to how tall the tallest MP, in his highest position (for example, Rodimus on his open battle platform) would be so I didn't end up with a case that couldn't hold some MP figure I might get in the future. I'm assuming (and I may be dead wrong on this, but isn't MP-10, or maybe now, MP-44 the tallest figure? Since MP-44 won't be out till late summer could someone measure how tall Optimus is when he is standing on his opened trailer? (If that would be the likely tallest figure.)

Thanks!

Edit: Just measured my Rodimus on his trailer and 15 1/2 should be plenty. The only exception might be a MP that has an attachment at the back to use one of those clear stands, but even then I think I'd have room. Either way, it is what I am willing to afford since everything I need to get takes away from another MP figure.

Last edited by Darkmatter; 01-09-2019 at 09:33 AM.
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:10 AM   #12
alternatorfan
g1 baby
Re: Could use some suggestions for where to get a relatively cheap display case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by that but the shelves in Detolfs are not adjustable. Each one is spaced at roughly 15 1/2 inches
Thats what she said....lol
alternatorfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:22 PM   #13
Marcotron
Robot Master

For masterpieces, get a detolf. Nice glass door, less dust.
For more space, go to canadian tire, and get the 5 shelf bookshelf whenever they go on sale.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 01:52 PM   #14
TRUCKvsGUN

Just keep an eye on kijiji. I was once able to buy 2 sets of Billy bookcases with oxberg doors for just $50.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:49 PM   #15
NeoMatter
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
Thanks for the info!

I was referring to how tall the tallest MP, in his highest position (for example, Rodimus on his open battle platform) would be so I didn't end up with a case that couldn't hold some MP figure I might get in the future. I'm assuming (and I may be dead wrong on this, but isn't MP-10, or maybe now, MP-44 the tallest figure? Since MP-44 won't be out till late summer could someone measure how tall Optimus is when he is standing on his opened trailer? (If that would be the likely tallest figure.)

Thanks!

Edit: Just measured my Rodimus on his trailer and 15 1/2 should be plenty. The only exception might be a MP that has an attachment at the back to use one of those clear stands, but even then I think I'd have room. Either way, it is what I am willing to afford since everything I need to get takes away from another MP figure.
MP-22 Ultra Magnus was a rather tight fit in the Detolf. MP-23 is also another big MP that might push over those limits. The thing with the Detolf is if you are willing to get some extra hardware, measure and level, you can adjust the shelves yourself. I've managed to put 10" dolls/figures and misc stuff on an adjusted top shelf mounted on cable clamps, 17" fashion dolls on second shelf, 12" fashion dolls on third shelf and misc MPs/mecha on bottom shelf. Wish Ikea sold the Detolf shelves separately for DIY users that want to put smaller items into it and still maximize space inside.
NeoMatter is offline   Reply With Quote