Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #21
Autobot Meister
Machine War
Re: Prime RID line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
You're worried about scale in a Transformers toyline. Scale is useless in TFs and has been since day one.
Hasbro does this with Mavel Legends as well
It drives me freakin CRAZY!
Autobot Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #22
Autobot Strider
Machine War

FYI - RID deluxes Wave 1 have started showing up in Winnipeg. I haven't seen Voyager Megs, or any Cyberverse figs though.

Also, I've only seen RID Bee, Cliff, and Wheeljack. No Soundwave sightings yet although I've heard that people have found him.
Autobot Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #23
Fred0
Generation 1

I found Wheeljack, Bee, Cliff and Soundwave in 2 local Zellers, but Why 24.99$??????????
Fred0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #24
Detective Barricade
Beasty
Send a message via MSN to Detective Barricade Send a message via Skype™ to Detective Barricade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred0 View Post
I found Wheeljack, Bee, Cliff and Soundwave in 2 local Zellers, but Why 24.99$??????????
Because Zellers is greedy, and incredibly stupid. Walmart's got 'em for $15.93 for the Deluxe figures.

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=40226

Current wants: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=48339
Detective Barricade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #25
XII
Generation 1

Does any one else feel like Hasbro dropped the ball on these figures? I got the FE ones and loved them, I was really excited for the PRiD figures, but really the lack of paint apps and even lack of insignia is really unnerving to me. Is it honestly that expensive to put a spot of red in the back for lights, or finish BB's striping?

Perhaps my standards are just a bit too high?
What do you guys think?
Old 03-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #26
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by XII View Post
...even lack of insignia is really unnerving to me.
Same here. I don't think it will cost Hasbro that much more to include an insignia... I mean ONE insignia. When I was unwrapping Wheeljack last night it is very disappointed to find no insignia. Yes, I can get a sheet of insignias from reprolabels.com but that is not the point.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:29 PM   #27
RedOktobre
Alternator

Quote:
Does any one else feel like Hasbro dropped the ball on these figures? I got the FE ones and loved them, I was really excited for the PRiD figures, but really the lack of paint apps and even lack of insignia is really unnerving to me. Is it honestly that expensive to put a spot of red in the back for lights, or finish BB's striping?

What do you guys think?
You are probably right.

And, I think that I know why.

Hasbro is going through some tough economic times like everyone else. So, what do they do? They do what every other normal business does:
  • lay-off staff
  • reduce costs by reducing quality
That's my two (2) cents.

View my collection on Youtube at the raginroninreview channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxoEydL-p6s

Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...800#post360800

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=2648

Disclaimer:
All statements or views expressed by the board member, "RedOktobre", are purely personal opinions which may or may not be substantiated by relevant facts. Any perceived insult resulting from opinions asserted by the said board member is absolutely unintentional.
RedOktobre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #28
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

If anyone is heading to the US at all. The Walmart near Walden Galleria has the boxshots and a CV bee. The Target near Walden (The one with micheals, petsmart and payless.) had the boxshots, CV bees, the OP PRID mask, the Bee PRID mask, a bunch of PRID voyger OPs, a crapload of PRID Jacks, 1 PRID Bee and 1 PRID Cliff. No SW, Arcee or Ratchet though.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #29
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:

What do you guys think?
It is entirely up to personal tastes. Quite frankly, I don't see Hasbro removing the insignas on a Toyline with the Header, Robots in Disguise as being a cost cutting measure.

I see it more as a marketing gimmick to tell the kiddies, hey, he's a car who turns into a robot and doesn't advertize it with big honking red faces which side he represents.

Case in point, check out Universe 1.0 Side Burn or Downshift. There are worse things than not having an insignia.

If you're going to bemoan such a tiny thing... I mean the faction symbols have never been that important, have they? Perhaps from a story standpoint, but as a toy thing if that is going to be a deal breaker for you... Well it's a deal breaker, plain and simple, but it can seem a tad like you're just fishing for something to gripe about.

So far I've only picked up Wheeljack and I find he's a really fun toy to fiddle and play with, for the most part, I am a little concerned about the arms. Specifically the way you transform his hands, its a similar design aesthetic we've all seen before, it's just, this time around the joints seem a tad tight and fiddly for their own good. I'm a bit worried that eventually they could break. Considering the amount of times an average collector who plays with his toys might TF the figure.

In the end though it is a minor concern and not something that completely ruins the toy for me.

All in all, a lack of faction symbols is less concerning to me than something that could eventually affect the toy. Of course that's the thing though isn't it, eventually all toys are going to face that kind of problem. No matter how well you treat them, or how well you take care of them, time... Well as they say, time will catch up with you in the end.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #30
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Would you be interested in seeing Hasbro produce a Prime Unicron toy? And if so, what do you suggest should represent his alternate form?