Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-13-2022, 03:35 PM   #21
Marcotron
Robot Master
Re: How much would you pay for your grail/chase figure?

So, my grail figure when I started collecting was MP-01 Optimus. And I got it a long time ago, from a board member here. MP10 was around back then, but I still wanted the bigger, taller, die-cast metal heavy figure. Ver3 MP44 is great and all too, but It's a toss up between that one, and the three or four third party figures that all look great. But nothing will compare to the original big bot.

Since then, I've gotten a huge CW Devastator (on sale when it first came out).
I've also gotten a wicked MP Soundwave, and all the tapes (also on sale when it first came out). Nothing will ever be a more perfect Soundwave to me.
I've got two Megatrons, an MP5, and Despotron. Both are amazing in their own ways. I carefully compared all the available MP styled Megatrons before deciding on Despotron.

There is a balance between how much is spent, and how you treat the figure. If you buy some figure for a lot of money, and enjoy it by transforming it, and something breaks, it feels so bad. If it's like a hundred bucks, it's not the end of the world. If I had spent 200 or 300 on say a Fanstoys figure, I would never be able to fully enjoy that figure and it would just sit and collect dust (and then likely fall apart one day from air exposure or something, loose joints etc).

TLDR: max $150 on anything. The fear of having to maybe eventually replace it is too much.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 11:23 AM   #22
Vrillon77
Generation 2

237.37 cdn thanks to dhl customs and import fees for an 8-year-old figure with an msrp of approx. $50
Vrillon77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 01:18 PM   #23
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrillon77 View Post
237.37 cdn thanks to dhl customs and import fees for an 8-year-old figure with an msrp of approx. $50
I'm curious to which one it was....

I've done similar a few times this last year with a couple of 3rd parties that were 50$ or so at release (years ago) and the cheapest I could get was in that range of 200$+.

Some I found that they were worth it, others not the price, but still happy to have them, I just have to ignore how much I paid for them.
Old 10-15-2022, 02:21 PM   #24
Vrillon77
Generation 2

Almost embarrassed to say, TG-31 Rhinox.

But Beast Wars was my favorite transformers show growing up (still is), and Rhinox and Rampage were my favorite characters. What really triggered me to finally get it was seeing the Kingdom rhinox release. Never bought it because it looked like a significant downgrade and felt like an insult to the awesomeness that Rhinox is. So went all out, and got TG-31 misb, preferred that coloration over the hasbro and lg-ex. Also TG31 was apparently less prone to loose hips and stuff like the hasbro release. No issues at all standing him, maybe I just got lucky with my copy.
Old 10-15-2022, 07:06 PM   #25
Landstander
Generation 2

A g1 mega Zarak complete with box $900. A G1 overlord complete with box $1100. an unopened, still in brown shipper box, LGEX Grand Maximus $1400. Honorable mention goes to haslab Unicron $937.

Last edited by Landstander; 10-15-2022 at 07:09 PM.
Landstander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 07:20 PM   #26
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Almost embarrassed to say, TG-31 Rhinox.

But Beast Wars was my favorite transformers show growing up (still is), and Rhinox and Rampage were my favorite characters. What really triggered me to finally get it was seeing the Kingdom rhinox release. Never bought it because it looked like a significant downgrade and felt like an insult to the awesomeness that Rhinox is. So went all out, and got TG-31 misb, preferred that coloration over the hasbro and lg-ex. Also TG31 was apparently less prone to loose hips and stuff like the hasbro release. No issues at all standing him, maybe I just got lucky with my copy.
Outch... Looking him up and he goes for a lot less than that from the few I saw... Guess you got him at a bad moment? And the "hidden" fees that hits at times are frustrating...

Reminds me of when I got the Siege Galaxy Prime not long ago as I changed my mind after skipping it, and he went up but still found one at acceptable price but the shipping resulted in additional customs, taxes, FedEx charges, boosting the price easily by a good 40$ if not more, then the filler kit as no way I wanted such empty parts..

Just now, got another feature that was at 37$, did the best offer for 30$ (accepted) but the shipping and taxes brought the price to over 70$, which was discouraging.
Old 10-16-2022, 01:51 AM   #27
Vrillon77
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
Outch... Looking him up and he goes for a lot less than that from the few I saw... Guess you got him at a bad moment? And the "hidden" fees that hits at times are frustrating...
Hmm, on ebay? He still seems to be about the same there, with the current conversion rate.

This was the cheapest one I saw on ebay:
Order total US $131.64 / CAD $190.37

When I got him in June:
Order total US $144.24 / CAD $193.39

but then 193.39 + 43.98 to DHL yes it was quite frustrating lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
Reminds me of when I got the Siege Galaxy Prime not long ago as I changed my mind after skipping it, and he went up but still found one at acceptable price but the shipping resulted in additional customs, taxes, FedEx charges, boosting the price easily by a good 40$ if not more, then the filler kit as no way I wanted such empty parts..

Just now, got another feature that was at 37$, did the best offer for 30$ (accepted) but the shipping and taxes brought the price to over 70$, which was discouraging.
Ah yes, the kits. With the current prices + extra fees, it's kinda sad that hasbro is releasing figures with enough empty space that filler kits feel mandatory. I ended up getting a kit for ss86 sludge myself.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:19 AM   #28
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Hmm, on ebay? He still seems to be about the same there, with the current conversion rate.

This was the cheapest one I saw on ebay:
Order total US $131.64 / CAD $190.37

When I got him in June:
Order total US $144.24 / CAD $193.39

but then 193.39 + 43.98 to DHL yes it was quite frustrating lol

Ah yes, the kits. With the current prices + extra fees, it's kinda sad that hasbro is releasing figures with enough empty space that filler kits feel mandatory. I ended up getting a kit for ss86 sludge myself.
eBay is a bit all over and looked also at the variants of the thrilling 30 versions... but finding him here at much cheaper and appears to be in stock:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.age...rhinox-takara/

Edit:never mind, it ends up showing out of stock but only when you add to cart... Stupid way to design a site.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 10-16-2022 at 06:21 AM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote