Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #1
gemblaster
BRAND NEW G1 Re-Issues!

Hello, everyone
I am a fairly new collector on the sceen, and have been buying G1 TF's on ebay for a while now for my boy (and a bit for me ).
I notice A LOT of NEW, NEVER OPENED, G1 figures in boxes of all the greatest TF's made! Some of these guys advertizing them have mentioned them being made in some places like Japan, China(these one's are easy to tell with chines writting on them), KOREA(the BEST original look alikes), and other places.
I think now that these guys know of a place to buy where I don't , and they resell them, don't you think?
For some of the TF's, I wouldn't mind even having a reissue for display or for my 6yr old boy to play with and save some cash! Has anybody ever heard of this, or know who or where to goto to buy these from these manufactures, DIRECT?
Please if anyone could shed some light on all these NEW old TF's are coming from, and how to get into the loop, that would be Awsome!

Here is a link to check the lattest one I see out:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ADME:B:SS:CA:1

SEE what I mean? It is still being made and someone knows where !
Thanks guys, later.
P.s. if i find out something ill mention it here to......
gemblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:14 PM   #2
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Re: BRAND NEW G1 Re-Issues!

That isn't a reissue or replica. All toys are manufactured overseas.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:34 PM   #3
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Be careful with some of the ebay auctions you see, especially if they seem too good to be true. Its possible they're knockoffs. If you're just looking for toys your son can play with, knockoffs and bootlegs might not be a bad idea. The quality's not as good in most cases, but the cost is far lower, and in many cases, the mould is the same, if not similar. There are some awfully nice knockoffs out there, and some that are just downright interesting, with size changes and such.

In terms of reissues that have come out... Both Takara (Japan) and Hasbro (America) came out with their own reissues. For the most part, they had the same figures, and the real difference is the box. There's also been a bunch of variant re-issues from Takara and e-hobby, which didn't quite make it over here. If you're looking to get the same toy you grew up with, might want to go with the hasbro reissues (as they theoretically wont cost you as much) if you can find them, but even then the toys aren't going to be exact duplicates. There's also the classics line and titanium line in stores now, which contains some "reimaginings" of the old toys and characters.

But that's the way I see it.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #4
gemblaster

Thanks, all of this stuff I know nothing about.
Do you or anyone else knoe how to buy these knockoffs direct? Or how to goto to cut out all the middle men just reselling them?
I think they would be great for my boy to play with, but I just don't want to pay a MINT for a play toy, if you know what I mean.
NO junior, treat that as though it's worth 2 brown backs, just LOOK at it! LOL
gemblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:19 PM   #5
kidkid

Of cuz u can't get them directly from manufacturers....if u can do that...why are there retailers...
kidkid is offline   Reply With Quote