Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 09-02-2013, 10:59 PM   #51
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag
Re: Generations Titan Class Metroplex Released at Canadian Retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by max99d View Post
How do you know if you have the US or Canadian one without taking it out if the box? Got mine on amazon.ca

Thx
If it's tri-lingual packaging(English, French, and Spanish on the box), it's the Canadian/international version. If it's just English, then it's the US version.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:48 AM   #52
Autobot_Orion
Beasty

Im from western Canada and have no complaints about getting this figure. Metroplex looks awesome.
Autobot_Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #53
joshimus
Metroplex

We may still someday get the US version. Leader Starscream had that issue at first and when I bought a second one months later he had full sounds.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #54
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deception View Post
honestly, the sounds ARE better for us release, but it's not sometime to go crazy over. if you can get your hands on it, then go for it, but if you're losing money and it becomes such a big hassle its probably not even worth it. how often are you going to be pressing that button for sounds anyways? you'd probably get bored after a few times.
Pretty much this.

How often are you ever going to play the sounds anyways? And you shouldn't keep batteries in him unused, leave them too long and they'll start to leak and corrode.

The only reason I'm considering the HK version is because I like the chrome better.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:59 AM   #55
Batman
The Dark Knight

No voice clips is super lame. Hasbro does this all the time and it is total and utter BS. Ideally French Canadians would like the option of buying a version that speaks French, but I am pretty sure all of them would settle with English over this neutered version any day.

Even the Japanese version speaks English. Lol. Stupid Canadian version.

The speech is cooler than most Transformers releases too. It is so much more than "I am _____"

Here is what he actually says:

"Metroplex heeds the call of the last Prime"
"Foolish Decepticons"
"Decepticon deactivation commencing"
"Target synchronizing initiated"
"Target obliterated"
"These Decepticons scatter like cowards"
"Till all are one"

Just saying, I think this is one of those times it is worth importing him either from the USA or HK.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #56
Bruticus
B&K Collectables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
No voice clips is super lame. Hasbro does this all the time and it is total and utter BS. Ideally French Canadians would like the option of buying a version that speaks French, but I am pretty sure all of them would settle with English over this neutered version any day.
Hasbro has no choice in the matter... there is a law in the Province of Quebec that governs languages; signs, toys, everything. It specifically says that if it does not contain French, it cannot be brought into the Province. Therefore, Hasbro has to remove the English speak from the toy to be able to even sell it in the Province it is located in. They are the only Province that requires this... New Brunswick is another French Province and they don't care.

Here is how bad it really is in Quebec... when I worked for Best Buy, we threatened to close every Future Shop and every Best Buy store in Quebec because the Government was coming after us... the store names "Best Buy" and "Future Shop" were not in French, so the Government were going to go to court to force us to change it. Obviously we said no, seeing that is not the Company name... it was nasty.

-----------------------------------------------------
Add B&K Collectables to your Facebook HERE

Follow B&K Collectables on your Twitter HERE

Subscribe to the B&K Collectables' newsletter HERE
------------------------------------------------------
Cybertron.ca Feedback Thread --> http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18760
Bruticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:20 AM   #57
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus View Post
Hasbro has no choice in the matter... there is a law in the Province of Quebec that governs languages; signs, toys, everything. It specifically says that if it does not contain French, it cannot be brought into the Province. Therefore, Hasbro has to remove the English speak from the toy to be able to even sell it in the Province it is located in. They are the only Province that requires this... New Brunswick is another French Province and they don't care.

Here is how bad it really is in Quebec... when I worked for Best Buy, we threatened to close every Future Shop and every Best Buy store in Quebec because the Government was coming after us... the store names "Best Buy" and "Future Shop" were not in French, so the Government were going to go to court to force us to change it. Obviously we said no, seeing that is not the Company name... it was nasty.
What can I say? I wish Quebec will be independent... from Toy Market.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #58
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Also, the chip says "EU Version" so likely any European release will be lacking the sounds as well.

I cracked mine open yesterday, blinking eyes annoy me, and I intend to fix it XD
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #59
Hellboy
Alternator

Yes, the "Canadian" version is not only produced for Canada. Consider it the worldwide release version where English is not the main language. It is not Quebec's fault for the non-phrase chip... even though HasCan could just ignore the Quebec market and ship the rest of Canada the US version.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #60
Chap69Poo
Generation 2

Im so happy i was able to pick up a MISB SDCC version locally for 200!
...but now i realised it MUCH bigger than i thought and i dunno wat to do with it... i think my wife is going to freak out when she sees it

Tags
metroplex