Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-09-2014, 02:33 PM   #1
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
13 years since dad died

Today it's 13th years my dad passed away. I can't believe how fast it went, I still remember it like it was yesterday. I miss him everyday, even though I moved on, he is still is in my heart and my thoughts and the only place I can see him is my in my dreams. Yes there are days where I cry, like last night. I would do anything to bring him back, but at the same time he doesn't want to see his son sit around and cry all day, I know he is proud of me and I am I know I am making him proud that I why I am carrying on his legacy and will pass it down to my kids later on. Even though it's been 13 years, I still miss him truly and he left a huge missing piece in our family. I was 20 years old at the time and I am 33 years old today

I WILL ALWAYS MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU!! (Only if he can see this message)
Old 06-09-2014, 03:29 PM   #2
elburrito
Animated
Re: 13 years since dad died

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
Today it's 13th years my dad passed away. I can't believe how fast it went, I still remember it like it was yesterday. I miss him everyday, even though I moved on, he is still is in my heart and my thoughts and the only place I can see him is my in my dreams. Yes there are days where I cry, like last night. I would do anything to bring him back, but at the same time he doesn't want to see his son sit around and cry all day, I know he is proud of me and I am I know I am making him proud that I why I am carrying on his legacy and will pass it down to my kids later on. Even though it's been 13 years, I still miss him truly and he left a huge missing piece in our family. I was 20 years old at the time and I am 33 years old today

Sorry for your loss man. My wife lost her father about 12 years ago and she still feels it and constantly compares me to him.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:31 PM   #3
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus

so honoured you felt comfortable enough sharing that with us...

keeping you and your dad in my thoughts today
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:57 PM   #4
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

At my age (40) I've realized that losing people will be happening more often:I sat by my wife's maternal grandfather's hospital bedside last October and watched him slip away when they took him off life support, and we visited her paternal grandmother the night before she succumed to pneumonia this past March. We both still have our parents but I've definitely noticed how age is changing them which then reminds me how I've grown older, slower, fatter...which certainly inspires me to spend more quality with my children.

Though death is an inevitability that we all must face it doesn't make it less unfair. I know you must have spent as much time with your father as you could before the end and rest assured he watches over you now with love and pride like only a good father can.

Honour his name and his memory through kindness and generosity which (I feel) are traits our fathers and their fathers had but we men nowadays are seldom encouraged to have.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:57 PM   #5
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime

I know how you feel. 10 months and 5 days ago my Mom passed away very suddenly. One minute we were there at my parents house visiting with my 17 year old daughter, my 2 year old little girl and my fiancée, and an hour later she was gone ! People say it gets easier, you learn to cope with the loss. For me, it hasn't happened yet, and my heart aches for most of the day. I've lost interest in many things, and I can feel that I've changed. I always thought that my near death motorcycle accident was the most difficult thing I was ever going to experience, but losing my Mom is even worse. This is the most I've ever expressed how I feel publicly, probably because it's easier stating so before folks I don't know. To the OP, and everyone on here who knows how this story goes, God Bless, and always tell your loved ones how much they mean to you !

I Love You, Mom !!!

David
CETERUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:20 PM   #6
Pgianos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post

I'm sorry you feel sad dude. There is no consolation but you have fond memories of him.
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:44 AM   #7
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Sorry to hear about all those that lost someone. I haven't lost anyone that close to me yet and it's not something I wish to go through. All I can offer is to remember the good times and continue to honour their lives by being brave/courageous by living as positively as possible and impact those around you in a positive manner.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote