Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-21-2023, 04:54 PM   #3031
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: GameStop.ca (formerly EB Games) Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrySeinfeld View Post
What, how? I've been checking periodically throughout the day and I never saw his listing until I just checked now People are savage. I'll try in-store after work.
I just called and reserved Primal
Skew #780191
Placeholder price is 599.99...which obviously is incorrect. I would check the site later to see if it self corrects. I highly doubt it sold out in a couple of hours as I was also checking all day on their site.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 05:39 PM   #3032
theoneyouknowleast
Classic

Just got my PO of Beachcomber and Devcon in the mail today!

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 06:05 PM   #3033
LarrySeinfeld
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
I just called and reserved Primal
Skew #780191
Placeholder price is 599.99...which obviously is incorrect. I would check the site later to see if it self corrects. I highly doubt it sold out in a couple of hours as I was also checking all day on their site.
Yeah, something's funky with their pricing. I just pre-ordered in-store and was told it's $560, but I'm confident that will update in due time.
LarrySeinfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 02:27 PM   #3034
Brutal
Mini-Con

How? Every gamestop I called in ontario: milton, oakville, and mississauga said that beachcomber and devcon cant be preordered. That they have No inventory for anyone.
Brutal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 02:31 PM   #3035
RocketGTR
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal View Post
How? Every gamestop I called in ontario: milton, oakville, and mississauga said that beachcomber and devcon cant be preordered. That they have No inventory for anyone.
Beachcomber and Devcon were released a few days ago. Pre-orders closed a long time ago.
Old 06-22-2023, 02:32 PM   #3036
Philtastic
Beasty

Quote:
GameStop doesn't allow in-store "pre-orders" once the release date has passed. They also don't really allow in-store "orders" after the release date, either. Basically, if it's already out, you either have to order online, or find a store with inventory.

However, if it's very close to release date, most stores will not have received their shipments yet, so their systems will say out of stock. It can take a few days, to a few weeks for stores to receive stock, if they receive any at all.

Your best bet is always to do a pre-order when they're first available online, or in the store's pre-order system. If you wait until release day, it's a crapshoot.

Last edited by Philtastic; 06-22-2023 at 02:35 PM.
Philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 02:41 PM   #3037
Brutal
Mini-Con

I tried to preorder when it was first posted a month ago. Way before the release date. They said they arnt doing preorders for devcon and beachcomber specifically. I called on the release day and they said they have no inventory at all of those items. I called 5 places and they all told me roughly the same thing. So frustrating because those 2 are the only ones I want in the whole wave
Brutal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 02:43 PM   #3038
Philtastic
Beasty

They will very likely show up. You just have to be patient.
Philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 02:49 PM   #3039
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

I hope that VNR Optimus Prime shows up at GameStop. I have a preorder at Ages Three and Up, but would prefer to have that Edge discount.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 03:47 PM   #3040
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
I tried to preorder when it was first posted a month ago. Way before the release date. They said they arnt doing preorders for devcon and beachcomber specifically. I called on the release day and they said they have no inventory at all of those items. I called 5 places and they all told me roughly the same thing. So frustrating because those 2 are the only ones I want in the whole wave
What might have happened... not sure, depending on timing... when the rest of that wave went for pre-order, the three deluxes did NOT. It came out that for whatever reason the deluxes of that wave were not going to Canadian distribution! Places like A3U, TSM, the smaller etailers put them up because they can get them from American distributors.

But then weeks after, GS ended up putting those three up. So if you were trying to pre-order when GameStop did not have them online and was told/telling customers they were NOT GETTING THEM AT ALL, then that would be the explanation.

This might not help at all, because if you were trying to preorder when the three were on GS website and local stores were saying no, I would wonder:

a. Your local stores were still working on the older information and didn't bother properly checking once GameStop DID indeed get them available for pre-order.

b. they were online only? I dunno

c. the pre-orders were already sold out

or d. those stores are staffed by incompetents lol

I'm sorry you missed out. Are they available on A3U or Toy Snowman or anywhere still?

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote