Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-01-2008, 07:15 PM   #11
Icetron
Re: Battle Begins 2 pack thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnaji View Post
I'd like to think of Cybertron Prime as compressed goodness. It's the type of figure you just can't stop fiddling with. For this reason alone, I was so stoked for the Battle Damage version due to the similarities. After handling, transforming, and posing this guy, I can't help but feel that Hasbro got sloppy with the engineering and rushed it out to store shelves.
Cybertron Prime was lightning in a bottle. It's a tough standard to live up to.
That's what I thought too.

The Battle Begins pack would've been okay if it was only $19.99 but $29.99 is a bit too much imo. I only paid $27.99 + tax though, still a bit too much.

For both figures the battle damage doesn't bother me much.

Megatron: Let's just say he doesn't have an alt mode, it looks like crap. Robot mode is great, he looks menacing and he's really posable. The hip gimmick isn't too bothersome but it does limit waist posability unfortunately. The cannon is great, big but not too big. This will be the only Animated Megs I'll own and I'm glad I have it since I won't be buying the others.

Optimus Prime: At first I was really really hyped about this guy but after picking him up and holding him he just doesn't stand up to the Cybertron Deluxe one...except the alt mode, I really like this alt mode. I think it looks way better than the voyager. As for robot mode, that's where it gets a bit worse... The chest piece looks odd and a bit too big. The feet look a bit too short imo for that big chest. The battle mask is cool, I really like it and the axe is great too (probably why most of us bought it anyways). One thing I like is that the blue is darker than the Cybertron Mode Prime and the fact that the larger chest makes Prime look meaner.

tl;dr : Since I typed waaaay too much, not too bad of a 2-pack but not the greatest. Surprisingly Megs > Prime which was the opposite of what I expected.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:02 PM   #12
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

i like them, the alt mode of prime is sweet, my voyager has an appropriate axe instead of a butterfly-on-a-stick, and i now have three sets of megs/primes lol, gimmick sucks, but what can you do?

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:57 AM   #13
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

I was expecting to hate Megatron in this 2-pack...but now I'm liking him as much as I like this version of Optimus.

I don't even mind his funky alt mode...it's a great homage to movie Megs, while robot mode (aside from the movie-shaped head) really reminds me of G1 Megatron.

A bit over-priced at $29.99, but still worth it in my opinion.

The DVD, however, is a joke..It should have been all 3 episodes of "Transform And Roll Out", IMO.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:35 PM   #14
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Cracked mine open last night and aside from the loose hips, I love em both.

Funny though, how it is called abattle begains 2-pack, but with all the battle damage, it is evedent that these two have been battling for a while...
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote