Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-09-2014, 12:10 AM   #1
Slayback
Animated
Big Bad Toy Store and Warbotron Crap

Folks at Cybertron.ca

Please let me enlighten everyone as to what has happened with the first Warbotron figure. No one in North America has it – except for Big Bad Toy Store. For whatever reason – the people at Warbotron decided that it was in the best interests of everyone to ship their entire N.American batch only to BBTS. Whether they specified this or not – they also gave them a 90 day monopoly on this figure. In the UK – some retailers were also not given the figure. The retailers there, though they had agreed to meet at least the minimum order quantity set out by Warbotron were given last minute notice that they would not receive it. Hong Kong was not given the figure either. Retailers or distributors in China were given orders to not ship out to Hong Kong – unless they wanted to be punished with no further stock. Not only were retailers not given advance notice- but retailers were given the go ahead to advertise on their websites that they were getting this figure. FREE advertisements.

I’m just going to cut to the chase. This is utter bullshit by a third party company and a very large company that is essentially trying to screw a lot of small businesses and retailers. Why care about the retailers and small businesses? My ideology has been –those who help me – I help them. Without the smaller businesses bringing in these figures – then you get to purchase this stuff online and overseas. I’m sure when you buy this Airburst figure from BBTS at 89$ USD – add in shipping; customs; (paypal or whatever US conversion rate we’re at) your figure will cost what? 110?115$ if you’re lucky. Why the fuck would you help out a store that would stoop to such bs tactics? This goes beyond the 1 figure. This will set precedence to third party companies or better yet BBTS to just monopolize the whole market. That’s right –one day you might only buy these figures from 1 company – and they will set the price of the figure to whatever they stupidly want and you will have to pay through the nose.

So to those that were expecting me to bring in these figures – sorry I can’t bring them in. Warbotron and the dirty practices initiated by BBTS has screwed people all the world over. I implore you to not deal with BBTS. Don’t give them your business. Give your business to Canadians such as Automaton, Ages 3&Up, BK Collectibles, Imperium Collectibles, It Came from Japan and a crud load of others I may have missed. If you help out your local business- they’ll in turn help you.

Angrily,
SB

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:27 AM   #2
alternatorfan
g1 baby
Re: Big Bad Toy Store and Warbotron Crap

Well i dont order from them Anyways
So thanks for pointing out they suck
Yeah BBTS sucks!
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:10 AM   #3
mastereh
Generation 2

Well that's super shady business practice;

The only way we can prevent this from happening in the future is to NOT buy the product from BBTS and just wait for it.

I would have loved to have this figure set as soon as possible but no way am I going to condone this type of process.
mastereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:48 AM   #4
PrimeCron
Metroplex
PrimeCron's Ebay Auctions

Slayback, thank you for the update... after selling my FansProject Bruticus set last week... I shall refrain from using profanities...

Feedback link...
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27458
PrimeCron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:49 AM   #5
zfarsh
Armada

You guys are kidding right? Angry at BBTS? Cmon!! Warbotron is the one who screwed you.

This is BBTS, which all most fans here wouldn't ever be buying from anyways cause you don't want to get hit by duty, unless they had absolutely no choice. And now, because BBTS have exclusivity for 3 months, which God forbids waiting for, now suddenly they are totally not going to buy from them this time right?

You don't like exclusives, then blame Warbotron for doing it AND imposing a large quantity order to make price cheaper AND not telling the other etailers about time exclusive, and why not boycott any products from Warbotron, like what some some of the other smaller Etailers are now going to do cause they got screwed by Warbatron??? It is Warbotron who didn't advise the other etailers there would be a time delay. And yea, blaming BBTS is a joke, just don't give money to Warbotron if you are sincere.

Last edited by zfarsh; 04-09-2014 at 09:36 AM.
zfarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:26 AM   #6
PrimeCron
Metroplex
PrimeCron's Ebay Auctions

It would be nice to have comments/thoughts/feelings of other Canadian base companies that were planning on selling the Warbotron... Without naming anyone in particular a website was recently updated...

Feedback link...
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27458
PrimeCron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:30 AM   #7
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

This bs seems to be happening more often with bbts lately with their exclusivity.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:35 AM   #8
zfarsh
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot22 View Post
This bs seems to be happening more often with bbts lately with their exclusivity.
BBTS didn't screw you, Warbotron did, by not telling of the time exclusive from the get go. It is Warbotron who allowed this to happen. This is not fair to BBTS at all. Anybody can make whatever request they want, it is up to the 3rd party to decide and be upfront with everyone.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:40 AM   #9
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

zfrash, aren't you tired of all this shady shit?

It's greener on the MP side.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:46 AM   #10
zfarsh
Armada

I don't like the fact that he is trying to tarnish the name of an etailer, instead of Warbotron, who was not upfront. It is fine to promote buying from a Canadian source, and thus staying local, but to say don't buy from BBTS is unfair, and you know it. You would need to stop purchases from any none Canadian etailer, and not single out BBTS. Promote Canadian business, and give the benefits of why, but don't tarnish other etailer's name.