Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-20-2018, 10:54 PM   #1
cr3d1t
Beast Machine
Hun-Gurrr weak hip rachets

My Hun-Gurrr has pretty weak hip ratchets. In combined mode, he barely stays up. The top heaviness of the combiner arms makes him bow forward or backwards. I've taken a closer look and the ratchets are the same mechanism as Silverbolt's, which I managed to fix way back when but Hun-Gurr's are hard to get to. And his body halves seem to be held together with pins and not screws like Silverbolt. The square shaped piece that provides the ratchet notch isn't strong enough and bends inward. Best idea I've got is to find a small metal block to insert inside the square's hole to give more support. But it's hard to figure out what to use and how big it should be. Any ideas?

I've tried to take a photo of the internals, but couldn't get a good shot. I've outlined the problematic part.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5632.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	40614   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5632 2.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	40615  
Old 07-21-2018, 08:23 AM   #2
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Hun-Gurrr weak hip rachets

Funny you should mention this, someone I know tried to fix the same problem. He actually took the shoulder apart and used plastic in the space. I think he said something about slightly stretching the speing(?) Honestly, I am struggling to understand what he did exactly and even the nature of the ratchet housing. I can say though that whatever he did it really seems to work. I think U need to study thus problem a bit. My ques is, can you access the area through the open chest without having to take anything apart?
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote